PDA

View Full Version : In the shower: Soap or Body Wash?

sue71, esq
08-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Which do you use in the shower, soap or body wash?

I usually use body wash, but occasionally grab the soap (or Dove).

hc5duke
08-26-2008, 03:16 PM
I voted soap because that's what I *like* to use, but my wife has confiscated my soap :( and now I'm forced to use body wash against my will. Hell, I even used soap instead of shampoo for a while.

billybreen
08-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Body wash is for Europeans. Give me soap, or give me death.

CameronBornAndBred
08-26-2008, 03:21 PM
I use soap so I can drop it.

devildeac
08-26-2008, 03:34 PM

And then bend over:o? Wasn't that another thread already:o?

sue71, esq
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM

Touché.

Tommac
08-26-2008, 03:41 PM
I use body wash because I like it and I have been told that it helps to reduce the build up of soap scum on the shower floor and walls.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
08-26-2008, 04:52 PM
I just feel like when I use body wash - I always use more then I need - you waste a lot no matter what. I feel its easier to use bar soap and it wastes less.

sue71, esq
08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
I find that soap can be more drying, so when I do use it, I use Dove Sensitive Skin.

CathyCA
08-26-2008, 08:02 PM
I use Safeguard soap, Clinique Foaming Face Wash and Clinique Happy body wash.

I have two kinds of shampoo and two kinds of conditioner, which I alternate using.

I even have two different razors in the shower.

I think I'm a high maintenance shower type.

sue71, esq
08-26-2008, 08:29 PM
I use Safeguard soap, Clinique Foaming Face Wash and Clinique Happy body wash.

I have two kinds of shampoo and two kinds of conditioner, which I alternate using.

I even have two different razors in the shower.

I think I'm a high maintenance shower type.

Ok really, if we're going to go there, since I started the thread...

1 shampoo
2-3 conditioners
2 soaps
2-3 body washes
1 razor
1 shower pouf
1 pumice stone
:D

devildeac
08-26-2008, 10:58 PM

1 shampoo
2-3 conditioners
2 soaps
2-3 body washes
1 razor
1 shower pouf
1 pumice stone

All during one cleansing:eek::confused:

OZZIE4DUKE
08-26-2008, 11:04 PM

1 shampoo
2-3 conditioners
2 soaps
2-3 body washes
1 razor
1 shower pouf
1 pumice stone

That's because you and CathyCA and the other ladies responding to this thread are trying hard to stay beautiful for us, and we appreciate it!

Give me a bar of Zest and I'm happy.

sue71, esq
08-26-2008, 11:28 PM
All during one cleansing (emoticons removed so I can add my own)

Nonononono. I like to have options. :o They all just live in the shower. Not all get used every time.

FWIW, I do use 2 different conditioners when I wash my hair- 1 gets rinsed out and 1 is a leave in (more of a styling tool I guess). I have crazy curly hair, and it needs all the help (read: taming) it can get

2 soaps- choices. ;)

2+ body washes- 1-2 to wash, 1 for shaving.

Gee, am I the high maintenance one now? :D

sue71, esq
08-26-2008, 11:28 PM
That's because you and CathyCA and the other ladies responding to this thread are trying hard to stay beautiful for us, and we appreciate it!

Oz, it's all for you, baby. ;)

ghost
08-27-2008, 12:23 AM
I hear ya on wanting variety, Sue.

1. I usually have two body washes (Bath & Body Works, different scents: coconut -lime and mango are my flavors of the season).
2. Shave gel
3. Three shampoos (one is my husbands, one is mine, and the third is actually a freebie mystery bottle I get from a marketing/survey website I am a member of)
4. Conditioner (also freebie mystery bottle, I don't usually use conditioner)
5. Razor
6. Shower pouf
7. Pumice (though I haven't found it from the move yet, good thing sandal season is almost over!)
8. Squeegee two wipe down the shower/doors (helps against soap scum)

dukemomLA
08-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Try a great soaking bath DBRs. Use soap on your armpits, feet...and perhaps your private parts. Start your bath with some Vitabath or whatever, and that's all you need on your face and body.

Let's hear it for all of us bath-versus-shower persons.

(Except when at the beach, or when the weather is over 100):

2535Miles
08-27-2008, 05:47 AM
Try a great soaking bath DBRs. Use soap on your armpits, feet...and perhaps your private parts. Start your bath with some Vitabath or whatever, and that's all you need on your face and body.

I love baths. Unfortunately, I don't fit in them very well. I dream of an apartment with a jacuzzi tub larger enough to comfortably hold me.

CameronBornAndBred
08-27-2008, 08:42 AM

I'm a total bath person, unless I'm pressed for time. As stated before, I drop the stupid soap alot, so it's easier to pick it up! Nothing like soaking in a hot tub with a cold beer.

BlueDevilJay
08-27-2008, 09:01 AM
I voted body wash. Either Zest Ocean Breeze or AXE gel are my favorites. And when I use the Axe gel, I have like 15 women literally attacking me as soon as I walk out the door. The commercials really are true :) No soap for me!

DevilAlumna
08-28-2008, 09:23 PM

Don't know how I missed this yesterday, but a big +1 for baths! A nice soak is so much less jarring than a shower in the morning. At night, it's a nice pre-bed stress reliever.

The hottub out back is for kicking back and having cold one. :D

Indoor66
08-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Don't know how I missed this yesterday, but a big +1 for baths! A nice soak is so much less jarring than a shower in the morning. At night, it's a nice pre-bed stress reliever.

The hottub out back is for kicking back and having cold one. :D

May I wash your back? :D

weezie
08-28-2008, 09:53 PM

As mother always said, "It takes pain to be beautiful!" All for the betterment of the DBR!

mph
08-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Soap at home and body wash at the gym.

devildeac
08-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm a total bath person, unless I'm pressed for time. As stated before, I drop the stupid soap alot, so it's easier to pick it up! Nothing like soaking in a hot tub with a cold beer.

What's your favorite soaking beer:o:D? You can answer here or on the "ymm, beer" thread;).

Fish80
08-29-2008, 08:46 AM

1 shampoo
2-3 conditioners
2 soaps
2-3 body washes
1 razor
1 shower pouf
1 pumice stone

Mother of pearl! :eek: That's more stuff than my wife keeps in the shower.

I use:
1 soap
1 shampoo

My shaving stuff in on the counter by the sink, where it belongs. So is the skin lotion. Okay, I admit it, I use lotion. My skin is dry. :D

Lavabe
08-30-2008, 08:28 AM
What's your favorite soaking beer:o:D? You can answer here or on the "ymm, beer" thread;).

A Leiney might work out, but I am tempted to go Burning River.:cool:

I'm hoping for a celebratory soak after a certain football game/Snrubchat.

DevilAlumna
08-30-2008, 01:38 PM

Depends on the pre-soaking activity. After skiing? Fat Tire. After mowing the lawn? Lately, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or a nice Redhook Brewery seasonal. (Summer Rye is in the fridge these days.)

devildeac
08-31-2008, 01:43 AM
Depends on the pre-soaking activity. After skiing? Fat Tire. After mowing the lawn? Lately, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or a nice Redhook Brewery seasonal. (Summer Rye is in the fridge these days.)

All sound like excellent choices:D