PDA

View Full Version : Rdu

moonpie23
08-25-2008, 06:56 PM
my schedule today actually allowed me to go to RDU and see Coach K, his family and the assist coaches arrive back home.....it was awesome. There were about 50 - 100 people there and a lot of news folks..

coach k spoke for about 10 minutes and you could tell he was tired...they ALL looked tired, but thee things that rolled from his mind and voice were sincere and still had that excitement.

i'm glad i got to see that whole thing... :)

i took some pics with my iphone, should i send them to someone?

jimbonelson
08-25-2008, 07:00 PM
my schedule today actually allowed me to go to RDU and see Coach K, his family and the assist coaches arrive back home.....it was awesome. There were about 50 - 100 people there and a lot of news folks..

coach k spoke for about 10 minutes and you could tell he was tired...they ALL looked tired, but thee things that rolled from his mind and voice were sincere and still had that excitement.

thanks for the report i was just wandering how that went,

sue71, esq
08-25-2008, 07:03 PM

Can you post the pics?

mike88
08-25-2008, 07:35 PM
It was great fun today to get out to RDU with my 7 year old son to see Coach K reflect on the joy of winning the Olympic gold. I am trying to attach one photo of him addressing the media.

happydays1949
08-25-2008, 07:38 PM
It was great fun today to get out to RDU with my 7 year old son to see Coach K reflect on the joy of winning the Olympic gold. I am trying to attach one photo of him addressing the media.

Thanks...any more?

moonpie23
08-25-2008, 08:08 PM
try these431

bigj4194
08-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the pics! I wish that I could have been there

watzone
08-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I saw DBR's own Boswell who got a nice handshake from Coach K as he made his way to the mic. The staff looked very tired. K was looking forward to seeing his team. I will have a couple of pics I took up from the event. Unfortunately, the trhog of people made for impossible angles.

CameronBornAndBred
08-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks very much Moonpie, great post! Good to see our guys safely on the ground and back home.

terrih
08-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the posts and pictures!

devildeac
08-25-2008, 11:10 PM
I saw DBR's own Boswell who got a nice handshake from Coach K as he made his way to the mic. The staff looked very tired. K was looking forward to seeing his team. I will have a couple of pics I took up from the event. Unfortunately, the trhog of people made for impossible angles.

I had the pleasure of chatting with Boswell for several minutes also prior to Coach K's arrival. I hope some of Watzone's pix come out as he had front row "seats":D.

It was a modest but nice gathering and K answered a few ? prior to heading back to Durham. It was difficult to hear with the typical airport PA system screaming at you repeatedly and the other associated airport noises. The athletes had their "welcome back" dinner tonight and my daughter chatted with some of the men's BB team and they hurried out of the dinner as they were quite anxious to get over to K's house and greet him and his family.

watzone
08-26-2008, 12:14 AM
I had the pleasure of chatting with Boswell for several minutes also prior to Coach K's arrival. I hope some of Watzone's pix come out as he had front row "seats":D.

It was a modest but nice gathering and K answered a few ? prior to heading back to Durham. It was difficult to hear with the typical airport PA system screaming at you repeatedly and the other associated airport noises. The athletes had their "welcome back" dinner tonight and my daughter chatted with some of the men's BB team and they hurried out of the dinner as they were quite anxious to get over to K's house and greet him and his family.

Bos got some pretty good pictures too. Here are three with an article with a lot of what Coach Krzyzewski said -
http://bluedevilnation.wordpress.com/

And K was quite anxious to see his team. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the K home and heard the exchanges. I think after he gets some rest, he will be both refreshed and relieved and ready to tell his team they can achieve a similar goal. Did anyone notice that he looked five or ten years younger during the ceremony? :)

jacone21
08-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the pics and information, guys. To those of us who are far away, it means a lot. Good stuff!

91_92_01_10_15
08-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Here is WRAL's video of Coach K's statement and the Q&A w/ reporters afterward:

http://www.wral.com/sports/video/3432381/

Indoor66
08-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Here is WRAL's video of Coach K's statement and the Q&A w/ reporters afterward:

http://www.wral.com/sports/video/3432381/

That was great. A worthwhile 18+ minutes. Thanks for posting.