PDA

View Full Version : Duke-JMU roll call and question

asbcheeks
08-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Heading down from NY Friday morning, picking up 1 in DC, linking up with 5 others in Derm (classes of '01, '03 and '05 represented). Tailgate tray from The Q Shack. PBR. Can't wait.

Who else is making the trip and from where?

More importantly, are they for real that the non-Iron Duke lots will only open 4 hours prior to kickoff? Was hoping to make a full day out of the tailgate. Having to move the car into the Wannamaker lots at 3pm (we will surely be on campus prior to that) means one person cannot drink during the crucial noon-3pm hours.

Hope to see many of you down there. Let's Go Duke.

du_bb1
08-25-2008, 01:35 PM
4 of us coming from the mtns of NC-- gonna be a great day !
ancillary question.....new to this !! Iron Dukes tailgate party--
what is it and where ?? thanks for the help

Highlander
08-25-2008, 01:43 PM

Here are the details for the Alumni Tailgate thing before the Northwestern Game. Kickoff is 7pm I think.

You are invited to attend

Iron Dukes & Varsity Club Day
September 6, 2008

Join us for a day of family, friends, food, and football at the annual Iron Dukes & Varsity Club tailgate!

Festivities will begin at 5:00pm. Due to our growing numbers, the party has been moved to a new location. Our new site is "Blue Devil Alley" (the grassy area of Krzyzewskiville between Ambler Tennis stadium and Wilson Recreation Center). Come early to support the Duke football team's ceremonial walk from the Duke Chapel to Wallace Wade Stadium. The team will make their way through "Blue Devil Alley" at approximately 4:30pm.

All Iron Duke and Varsity Club members and their immediate families attend free of charge. Guests of member - $10 per person (children under 6 years of age - $5).

Please respond by September 2 to Samantha Kozub at 919-613-7554 or <email address removed, look up on goduke.com if u want>. Your name will be on a guest list at the registration desk upon arrival. Walk-ups will not be accepted.

OZZIE4DUKE
08-25-2008, 02:14 PM

Note from the above post that the Iron Duke tailgate is on Sept. 6 and NOT for the opening August 30th game.

As for the parking lots for this Saturday, I just called the Iron Duke office and got the skinny from Evan. Three Iron Duke lots will open at 8 a.m. (Card Gym, Bassett and Whitford Drive lots). The other Iron Duke lots, such as Wannamaker, open at 12 noon. The public parking lots will open at 3 p.m. - 4 hours before game time. Hope this helps.

brianl
08-25-2008, 02:23 PM
coming down from Virginia. Does anybody know if the grass lots just south pf Cameron Drive will open earlier than 3. I'm relegated to the "public" lots.

CameronBornAndBred
08-25-2008, 02:30 PM
My 2 stepsons and I will be driving from the beach, hoping to spend the early afternoon with my dad, then off to the game and catch up to some of the DBR crowd. Looking forward to meeting whoever shows up!

Cavlaw
08-25-2008, 02:36 PM
My wife and I will be in the triangle visiting family, and will head over to wander around campus and hit up the TNT-gate prior to kickoff. Hope to see some of y'all there.

asbcheeks
08-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Note from the above post that the Iron Duke tailgate is on Sept. 6 and NOT for the opening August 30th game.

As for the parking lots for this Saturday, I just called the Iron Duke office and got the skinny from Evan. Three Iron Duke lots will open at 8 a.m. (Card Gym, Bassett and Whitford Drive lots). The other Iron Duke lots, such as Wannamaker, open at 12 noon. The public parking lots will open at 3 p.m. - 4 hours before game time. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. In that case, if anyone happens to have an extra Iron Duke parking pass that you would be willing to sell to a group of young alums, let me know!

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Will be leaving relatives visiting from out of state to head to Durham mid afternoon. Picking up former Durham neighbor before heading to my parking place and set up for a tailgate party. Already have the requisite royal blue plates, napkins, cups plus blue and white cutlery. A Duke tablecloth will go on the shelf of my PT Cruiser for some of the buffet. A small table with another Duke tablecloth completes the decor.

devilish
08-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the info. In that case, if anyone happens to have an extra Iron Duke parking pass that you would be willing to sell to a group of young alums, let me know!

Parking passes for games (football and basketball) are season passes, not individual games. So it is unlikely someone would sell you their pass for the entire season.

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
You can always try the lot next to NC 751 (Cameron Blvd.) across form the Washington Duke. It's considered one of the public lots for football. If you can get in there, you won't have to move.

If you anticipate coming down for individual games in the future, please consider becoming an Iron Duke at the $250/year level. You'll be entitled to a parking pass. Imagine all the fun you'd have then!!!!! It's not too late to join! You can join even after the season begins. The Iron Duke office telephone number is 919-613-8612. The email address is IronDukes@duaa.duke.edu.

As for ticket purchases, the mini 3 pack might be just right for you!

TNTDevil
08-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Well, Mr. Porky just came out of his little hickory-smoked hidey-hole (lit with a charcoal chimney for those of you visiting from the OTB) after a 21 hour rest... he's been properly dressed for his arrival at Duke on the 30th.

All I can say is... pigs is tasty.

Almost time... and I can't wait.

blazindw
08-28-2008, 02:58 PM
I have recently decided...I'm going to come down from DC for the game this weekend. I'm so excited for the start of football season again!!!

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I have recently decided...I'm going to come down from DC for the game this weekend. I'm so excited for the start of football season again!!!
You'll be in good company! If any of you lurking out there are giving some thought to coming to the game, come on! We need to fill the stadium to have a proper "blue out." We want to create an atmosphere that's as intimidating the one we create in Cameron.

For those coming from out of town, there's a 6P game over in Chapel Hill (McNeese State Cowboys), so plan your route and arrival time so that you can avoid the traffic problems and delays associated with that event.

Devilsfan
08-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Welcome Coach Cutt. I predict this will be by far the largest croud of the decade. Just keep winning and the fans will come. Now maybe we can convince our new AD to bring our stadium up to 2008 ACC standards. Guess that might be hoping for too much.

cbfx3
08-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Family and I will be there .. My dad and I each have 4 tix and I will be in Wannamaker

chrishoke
08-28-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm coming all the way from raleigh - my brother and family from the hill.

CathyCA
08-29-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm coming over from G-Vegas. I'm bringing my mom, her friend, my son and my cousin's son.

I'm looking forward to TNTgate, too, and the opportunity to meet fellow DBRs in person!

Woo-hooooooo! Let's go Duke!

Inonehand
08-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Am making the 2 mile trek from my home here in Durham. Can't wait!!!

Uncle Drew
08-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Well my brother and I will be driving over from Burlington, for most people that's about an hour drive. I can make it in this in 30 minutes if I have to....
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh51/williamglatta/2007EclipseWithLamboDoors.jpg
Of course since I'm not an Iron Duke when I actually get there it will take me an hour and a half to walk from where ever I am allowed to park. :D Maybe I should just walk from Burlington?

By the way, not that I am putting any money on the game. But has anyone heard which team is actually favored in the game and by how much?

CameronBornAndBred
08-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Scout.com has us by 4. Here is their gameday breakdown, (http://cfn.scout.com/2/768077.html) worth read. Also covers the rest of the ACC.

Looking forward to meeting some of you folks!

Uncle Drew
08-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Scout.com has us by 4. Here is their gameday breakdown, (http://cfn.scout.com/2/768077.html) worth read. Also covers the rest of the ACC.

Looking forward to meeting some of you folks!

Thanks for the link. It's going to be a slightly confusing weekend.

Go Duke! (Not Dukes!) and go Cowboys! Here's hope we can get to the QB and fingers crossed all aspects of the kicking game are improved.

godukecom
08-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Making the trek across chapel hell tonight at approximately 5:30 to see a good ol' fashioned DUKE FOOTBALL STOMP! (ok, maybe it isnt old fashioned, maybe it is of the future)...