PDA

View Full Version : RE: ESPN's Latest Wanker

efudd
08-23-2008, 07:52 PM
ESPN’s Latest Wanker

by DBR, August 23rd, 2008 | Main |

“It is tough to decide who to root for in this one. On the one hand, you want to see the U.S. win gold, don’t you? On the other hand, how can you possibly bring yourself to root for a team coached by Mike Krzyzewski?”Well, oddly enough, we have similar feelings about giving money to ESPN when they continually cast aspersions on of their most marketable teams. Anyone else sick of it?

------------------------------------------------

I just simply wanted to say, "AMEN! And, well said."

CameronBornAndBred
08-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Jackass statement. Have fun and read the comments that go with the article. He gets called out on it plenty, and not only by Duke fans. Some say it's a tongue in cheek joke. If so, it's the worst joke I've come across lately.

heyman25
08-23-2008, 08:45 PM
I hope the wanker gets fired by Bob Iger of ABC for crossing the line of civility. It didn't read as sarcasm to me.

Cdog923
08-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Um, am I missing something? I don't see this article at all on ESPN.

CameronBornAndBred
08-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Um, am I missing something? I don't see this article at all on ESPN.

Here (http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/columns/story?columnist=caple_jim&id=3549335)

Cdog923
08-23-2008, 09:23 PM
I see it now. What a massive tool.

Lord Ash
08-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Seriously? Yeah, root against the guy who is the national team coach, a guy who preaches hard work and team work, an army veteran who also coached at Army, and a classy all-around guy whose teams play gutsy, team-oriented defense. Classy.

CameronBornAndBred
08-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Seriously? Yeah, root against the guy who is the national team coach, a guy who preaches hard work and team work, an army veteran who also coached at Army, and a classy all-around guy whose teams play gutsy, team-oriented defense. Classy.

His statement didn't end at rooting against the guy who is the coach, it ended at rooting against the team coached by that guy.

cascadedevil
08-23-2008, 10:04 PM
He must be Chris Kaman's cousin. I hope they both enjoy the wurst in Bavaria. Go USA!

devildownunder
08-23-2008, 11:25 PM
He's so bad, I refuse to even print his name here. I have taken issue with many columns and columnists over the years but that...person... is one of only about TWO whom I absolutely will not read anymore. Never again. I wish his potshots at K were the extent of his troll nature. Not even close!

moonpie23
08-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Stephen A.

Bommanie Jones

and now...

jim capel

how much worse can it get...