PDA

View Full Version : Holy cow! Look at Kevin Streelman!

sagegrouse
08-23-2008, 05:23 PM
He is leading the Barclays golf tournament in NJ with a few players still on the course. Ranked #269 in the world, he leads Vijay (#5), Mike Weir (#38), Paul Casey (#37) and Sergio (#4).

Go Kevin!

sagegrouse

fitimi1
08-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I agree. He really looked good today.

The announcers mentioned that he is a Duke graduate and that several of his "...buddies skipped work..." to come watch him yesterday. If they are there tomorrow, and I hope they are, I beg them to make sure that he does not wear those blue pants that he wore last week. (If you did not notice, they looked as if they came from that place about 8 miles down the road.)

Go Kevin!!!!!!!!!!

sagegrouse
08-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I also noticed the reference to friends and found the commentary amusing.

The announcer started off by saying, [roughly] "Kevin went to Duke and in this part of the country Duke is well represented." [Oh no, I said to myself, is this another joke about the Univ. of New Jersey?] It went on: "A bunch of his friends work on Wall Street and skipped work yesterday to come see him play."

So now our link is to Wall St. not NJ. Is this better -- or worse?

sagegrouse

gotham devil
08-23-2008, 08:13 PM
I also noticed the reference to friends and found the commentary amusing.

The announcer started off by saying, [roughly] "Kevin went to Duke and in this part of the country Duke is well represented." [Oh no, I said to myself, is this another joke about the Univ. of New Jersey?] It went on: "A bunch of his friends work on Wall Street and skipped work yesterday to come see him play."

So now our link is to Wall St. not NJ. Is this better -- or worse?

sagegrouse

Better ;)

Nantz lives in a very affluent area of southern Connecticut that has both Duke graduates and, to use the phrase he used today, "Wall Streeters." He wasn't going to be cracking some Duke/NJ joke like some redneck fan of Kentucky or UNC-Chapel Hill.

jimsumner
08-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Streelman finished fourth, one stroke out of a playoff, in a star-studded field. He is now over one million dollars in earnings this year. This is a break-out year for sure.

Mucho kudos.