PDA

View Full Version : Kansas-UCLA

Troublemaker
03-24-2007, 07:38 PM
If you're not watching this game, I suggest tuning in because it's been fun to watch so far. The crowd is absolutely hyped. Both teams are playing balls to the wall.

Troublemaker
03-24-2007, 07:41 PM
As an aside, the athleticism on display from the four teams that played today has been astonishing. KU, OSU, and Memphis especially outclass Duke in this area, imo.

dukemsu
03-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Agreed, Trouble. Games like this are what the tourney is supposed to be. Going to be a great ride for the next hour and a half, especially since I have no feeling for either team, just being a hoops fan in this one.

dukie8
03-24-2007, 07:56 PM
As an aside, the athleticism on display from the four teams that played today has been astonishing. KU, OSU, and Memphis especially outclass Duke in this area, imo.

agreed. we would have been shredded by all of those teams.

Ralph-Wiggum
03-24-2007, 08:04 PM
It's been a fun game so far. I hope both teams can keep it up in the second half.

It's unfortunate for Kansas, though, that it's essentially a road game. They have some fans there, but by the sound of it the crowd is about 3/4 Bruins fans.

phaedrus
03-24-2007, 08:11 PM
It's unfortunate for Kansas, though, that it's essentially a road game. They have some fans there, but by the sound of it the crowd is about 3/4 Bruins fans.

funny this would come up today. i live in wisconsin and the restaurant i ate lunch at today had a shot from the sky of the '94 rose bowl, which was wisconsin-ucla - ucla being about 15 miles from the rose bowl. the crowd looked about 80% wisconsin red. not that this is really relevant, just an oddity that ucla wouldn't get home field advantage in that situation.

on another note, this game could be the #1 and #2 teams in the country, and there's a very good chance the winner of this game wins it all.

Troublemaker
03-24-2007, 08:18 PM
This game has been title game quality so far. I'm upset that one of these teams has to lose and wish that both were in UNC's path to the championship.

zingit
03-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Of course it was a great game and two great teams . . . but 25 turnovers for UCLA and 21 for Kansas? Ugh. Does someone who knows more about basketball than I do and who watched more of the game than I did (I only watched the last 12 minutes) want to explain whether that was sloppy ball-handling, excellent defense, or what?

Troublemaker
03-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Of course it was a great game and two great teams . . . but 25 turnovers for UCLA and 21 for Kansas? Ugh. Does someone who knows more about basketball than I do and who watched more of the game than I did (I only watched the last 12 minutes) want to explain whether that was sloppy ball-handling, excellent defense, or what?

It was great defense (fueled by athleticism and quick hands), and you missed the first half, which was played at a much higher level.

dukie8
03-24-2007, 10:55 PM

there's a big difference between dribbling the ball off your foot or throwing the ball in the stands and having an ultra quick guard strip the ball off your dribble. those 2 teams both play great defense. 32 of the 45 tos were steals! i wonder what the ncaa record is for most combined steals in an elite 8 game.

throatybeard
03-25-2007, 09:03 AM
I just want to say that here's what I would like to see happen:

Ole Miss' Ashley Awkward marries Affalo. She changes her name to Ashley Awkward Affalo.