PDA

View Full Version : Thank you 2007 Duke women

devildownunder
03-24-2007, 06:55 PM
thank you blue devils for an amazing season.

Thank you Lindsey and Alison for your spectacular careers.

Thank you Coach G for building this program into the powerhouse that it is, and here's hoping you are here next year and many years to come to keep it going.

Go ladies! Go Duke!

Indoor66
03-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I join you in this. Many thrills all year. I wish the best for all involved, especially to Lindsey and Alison - for many thrilling games and moments.

throatybeard
03-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Undersigned.

zingit
03-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Yes, a huge thank you to the effort the women put forth this year! They were always classy and a joy to watch. Lindsey and Ali were absolutely terrific; they have nothing to be ashamed of. And for all the Coach G critics out there, remember that she pretty much built this program from the ground up. I am proud to have these women represent our university! Good luck in the WNBA, Ali and Lindsey!

Scout's Mom
03-24-2007, 08:36 PM
A huge thank you to each one of the amazing women on the Blue Devils team. But a special thank you to Ali, who showed courage & grit overcoming serious injury, & to Lindsey who stayed with us for an extra year just to give us a chance to finally take it all. I couldn't be prouder of two world class athletes who have represented our university with both intelligence & class. Hats off to both of you & Next Play!

willywoody
03-24-2007, 08:46 PM
i feel so bad for them. they were utterly amazing for 98% of the season. i really thought this was the year with their teamwork and consistency. i join in extending my appreciation and thanks for all your hard work and representing our university in such a fine manner.

Richard Berg
03-24-2007, 08:52 PM
This year's team was an absolute joy to watch. The loss is hurting, a lot, but that just emphasizes how much I looked forward to seeing them play. I know that when I rewatch the game tapes a few years down the line, the chance to see Lindsey's signature smile will mean just as much as a championship would have. Hopefully #10 will be considered for retirement.

NYC Duke Fan
03-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes the seasaon was great and a joy to watch the ladies play BUT overall the season as it played out was a huge disappointment. We were undefeated for the entire regular season, ranked number 1 for the entire tournament, beat Rutgers AT Rugers by an overwhelming scrore, were playing in North Carolina, yet Duke cannot get out of the Sweet 16. Let's see if the same happens to UNC, Tennessee or Connecticut.

I will admit that at the beginning of the season I did not expect Duke to be this good , but by the end I never would have dreamed that they would be knocked out so early.

Why is it so difficult to say the we are disappointed with the team losing as it did ?

zingit
03-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Why is it so difficult to say the we are disappointed with the team losing as it did ?

Why is it so difficult to thank the women for their hard work and generally impressive season?

No one's denying that the loss is disappointing, but we can and should still show appreciation for our team. That's not sugarcoating; that's being a good fan.

captmojo
03-24-2007, 11:06 PM
ditto zing

DukieInKansas
03-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Thank you to the team and Coach G. I caught part of Lindsey's comments after the game - she was very impressive. I hpe she remembers Coach G's post game comments about, since she never took credti for any victories, she shouldn't blame herself for a loss. It is a team sport. They made me proud to be a Duke fan.

heyman25
03-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Yeah they are great people. But for 2 years in a row they didn't finish strong and went home in defeat. I think they were terrible in the NCAA tourney not just this game.

willywoody
03-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Yeah they are great people. But for 2 years in a row they didn't finish strong and went home in defeat. I think they were terrible in the NCAA tourney not just this game.

i doubt they'd disagree with you either. it seems coach g's career is mirroring coach k's. i'm hoping we keep her around for the breakthrough which is bound to come with the talent she recruits and the brilliance they've shown for the majority of the games.

Uncle Drew
03-25-2007, 03:26 AM
Agreed, it was a joy to watch this team exceed expectations all season. Yet it still hurts that once the expectations became high, things fell short. I've been watching the last few games closely and I probably shouldn't even say this because she could slap me around. ( :) and that's not a bad thing necessarily.) But I think Alison Bales is sexy. She has a pretty face, kind of Eastern European exotic looking.

JBDuke
03-25-2007, 05:15 AM
Yes the seasaon was great and a joy to watch the ladies play BUT overall the season as it played out was a huge disappointment. We were undefeated for the entire regular season, ranked number 1 for the entire tournament, beat Rutgers AT Rugers by an overwhelming scrore, were playing in North Carolina, yet Duke cannot get out of the Sweet 16. Let's see if the same happens to UNC, Tennessee or Connecticut.

I will admit that at the beginning of the season I did not expect Duke to be this good , but by the end I never would have dreamed that they would be knocked out so early.

While I will agree that this loss was disappointing, I don't buy into the idea that the only determination of whether or not the season was a success is the NCAA Tournament. This team played so well this year, and had such a spectacular regular season that I hardly consider it a disappointing year. It was a glorious year with a sad and disappointing end.

I'd like to add my thanks to the rest in this thread. Thank you Coach G and the Blue Devil women for representing our school so well. Coach, I sure hope you stick around - you ARE Duke women's basketball. And a fond goodbye to Ali and Lindsey. You ladies gave us a magical senior year. I wish it had ended on a positive note instead of a negative one, but those are the breaks. I look forward to following you both in the WNBA. I'd love to see you guys join Alana here in DC!

NYC Duke Fan
03-25-2007, 12:23 PM
redundant re-statement of an excessively negative post that is inappropriate for this thread.

gadzooks
03-25-2007, 02:47 PM
While I will agree that this loss was disappointing, I don't buy into the idea that the only determination of whether or not the season was a success is the NCAA Tournament. This team played so well this year, and had such a spectacular regular season that I hardly consider it a disappointing year. It was a glorious year with a sad and disappointing end.

I'd like to add my thanks to the rest in this thread. Thank you Coach G and the Blue Devil women for representing our school so well. Coach, I sure hope you stick around - you ARE Duke women's basketball. And a fond goodbye to Ali and Lindsey. You ladies gave us a magical senior year. I wish it had ended on a positive note instead of a negative one, but those are the breaks. I look forward to following you both in the WNBA. I'd love to see you guys join Alana here in DC!Really good points. I was feeling so upset yesterday I couldn't appreciate how great this season was, despite the very disappointing end. It would have been so great if they had been able to go all the way, but that just wasn't to be, and it doesn't negate all the good things they accomplished this year. Hold your heads high, ladies, you did Duke proud.

Unfortunately, the Mystics pick sixth in the draft this year, so it's unlikely they'll be able to get Ali--there are several teams ahead of them that need a big, so she will certainly go, if not the first pick, one of the first few. One mock draft I've seen has her going to Chicago (3rd), where she'd play with Mo Currie. I'm not sure what the PG situation is for the first five teams, so I can't guess where Lindsey will go, but she'll also certainly be a very high pick. It would be awesome to see at least one of them in DC, though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

Oh yeah, and ESPN's Graham Hays is another one who hopes Coach G will stick around (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/ncaatourney07/news/story?id=2810904) (second item).