PDA

View Full Version : Crystal's book

devildeac
08-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I assume it will be listed on the NYT best sellers list under the fiction heading.

CameronBornAndBred
08-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Pretty disgusting she is going to profit. Hopefully the ghost writer charged a hefty fee. Maybe Nifong can write her forward.

cspan37421
08-22-2008, 07:22 PM
So, she's mentally disturbed enough to not be charged with filing a false police report (etc) but not so bad she can't write a book and try to profit from the episode?

freedevil
08-22-2008, 07:24 PM
It will be really interesting to see if she re-alleges that the Duke students raped her, as I would assume the students' lawyers will quickly slap her with a defamation suit... and then her whole hope at profiting from this would quickly go down the drain...

devildeac
08-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Pretty disgusting she is going to profit. Hopefully the ghost writer charged a hefty fee. Maybe Nifong can write her forward.

That's assuming folks other than the gang of 88/9 and houston baker buy the book...

juise
08-22-2008, 07:49 PM
That's assuming folks other than the gang of 88/9 and houston baker buy the book...

Don't forget Nancy Grace (http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=85250).

OldPhiKap
08-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Don't forget Nancy Grace (http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=85250).

I have.

weezie
08-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Pretty disgusting she is going to profit.

Sez who?

billybreen
08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
I have.

I love you.

OldPhiKap
08-23-2008, 08:01 AM
I love you.

All in a day's work.

godukecom
08-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Unfortunately, Crystal will likely profit off of this, as people will but it out of curiosity; if nothing else.

The thing that really upsets me is that sometimes people who I talk to from out of town believe that there is still some debate as to whether or not the Duke students are guilty, and that they just 'got off because they are lucky.' This will only make those feelings worse and more prevalent...

BD80
08-23-2008, 12:26 PM

Under copyright law, Nifong should be getting some of the profits, as he was a co-author of the story - a pretty fair work of fiction if not all that original. Nifong's plausible scenarios to fit the alleged evidence were very creative. Nifong could also argue under a theory of equity, that he should be entitled to a share of the profits because created the entire enterprise and generated all of the publicity. Oh wait, Nifong's not a lawyer any more - darn - maybe he can find another lawyer as sleazy as he was.

So, she's mentally disturbed enough to not be charged with filing a false police report (etc) but not so bad she can't write a book and try to profit from the episode?

The press release indicates that she is considering law school - interesting choice. Most law schools might have an issue with her past conduct. Even if she were to graduate, the fitness and character portion of the bar application might be a daunting hurdle for her.