PDA

View Full Version : Pat Forde Article

NashvilleDevil
08-22-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't know what most of the board's feelings are on Forde. For me he is hit and miss and this article is a definite hit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3549065

BlueintheFace
08-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Yah, great article. I expect Sheridan to run one too if the US wins.

cspan37421
08-22-2008, 04:42 PM
If "we" win, what'll Doyel say? Some ancillary praise for K's caretaker role?

Bluedog
08-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Nice article, except he misspelled Dukies :mad:

roywhite
08-22-2008, 05:14 PM

Chris Sheridan and Ric Bucher have been way wrong on this Olympic team. Their commentary has put them in the class of oh, say, a Digger Phelps or Doug Gottleib. :)

ACCBBallFan
08-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Nice article, except he misspelled Dukies :mad:

Is he a product of the UNC school of Journalism? If so, a painful article for him to write.

CameronBornAndBred
08-22-2008, 06:22 PM

He already has his next "Why the US will run into trouble and maybe lose" article out. I think Forde's great, not because he is always right (he's not) but because he has a lot of experience that makes him worth reading and listening too (when on radio). Good article here, but I think K will get more credit than he's assuming he will. I liked his point about Knight, I had never thought about how he also has the 3 championships and one gold (hopefully one for K coming too). That is some amazing coaching lineage.

SMO
08-22-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't know what most of the board's feelings are on Forde. For me he is hit and miss and this article is a definite hit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3549065

I'm shocked at this article. This is the same guy who blasted K and Duke after the 2007 Henderson "incident" at UNC. That article was a hack job and full or illogical arguments. This actually makes sense, and not just because it's largely positive. Maybe Forde has turned over a new leaf.

Now, if Sheridan could just stop framing 20 and 30 point wins as disappointments ESPN could regain some credibility in my mind.