PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Basketball - Spain Thread (II)

billybreen
08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
After an uneven performance against Argentina, the US faces a Spanish team looking for redemption from a 37 point smackdown. I think the US gets tight late and Spain gets their revenge with a 4 point squeaker.

quickgtp
08-22-2008, 02:00 PM
After an uneven performance against Argentina, the US faces a Spanish team looking for redemption from a 37 point smackdown. I think the US gets tight late and Spain gets their revenge with a 4 point squeaker.

Are you Chris Sheridan by any chance?

billybreen
08-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Are you Chris Sheridan by any chance?

No, I'm his daddy.

SupaDave
08-22-2008, 03:36 PM
LOL! Madness I tell you! I would argue that there's no way a team gets good enough in a two week period to erase a nearly 40 point talent deficit. That's something that rarely even a year can fix.

pfrduke
08-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Why does billybreen's rampant and destructive negativity (;)) merit its own separate thread?

quickgtp
08-22-2008, 04:02 PM
No, I'm his daddy.

Well then I hope he looks like his mother, for your sake! :)

BlueintheFace
08-22-2008, 04:07 PM
this is just sad billybreen... you know the mods are going to shut this sucker down

billybreen
08-22-2008, 05:30 PM
this is just sad billybreen... you know the mods are going to shut this sucker down

It should probably be merged with yours since you got there first. But if so, I hope they fix the hyphen. It should be [space][hyphen][space], not [hyphen][space]. Where's your sense of symmetry? :p

billybreen
08-22-2008, 08:38 PM
LOL! Madness I tell you! I would argue that there's no way a team gets good enough in a two week period to erase a nearly 40 point talent deficit. That's something that rarely even a year can fix.

Well, that's the problem, isn't it? Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

DevilDan
08-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Long Live billybreen, and his unique psychology. He is a DUKE man, so how bad can he be ??

SPAIN is going to come out with guns blazing, but I think the USA will TOO, with the prize in sight. Today's game with Argentina was uneven and not exactly awe-inspiring, so I hope the Guys & Coach K are saving their best for Sunday ... !

GO USA ! ( and, the moment the medal ceremony is over, let's start talking DUKE ! )