PDA

View Full Version : MSN Live Search Maps

Indoor66
08-14-2008, 08:10 PM
I use Live Search Maps quite often. For the last couple days it does not load. I can log in to my account but the maps never load. Anyone (Devil Alumna? :)) have any insight into this problem? The only change to my computer has been some current Window's Updates. I run on XP Professional.

Thanks to the gurus.

2535Miles
08-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Have you tried maps.google.com? Not to try and convert you, just to see if it has similar problems?

DevilAlumna
08-15-2008, 01:58 AM
I use Live Search Maps quite often. For the last couple days it does not load. I can log in to my account but the maps never load. Anyone (Devil Alumna? :)) have any insight into this problem? The only change to my computer has been some current Window's Updates. I run on XP Professional.

Haven't heard of any outages, but I'm not really tied into those services. Doubt it's related to the updates. If it's still not working tomorrow, post back to this thread w/ the URL you're trying to hit, and I'll ask around.

billybreen
08-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Haven't heard of any outages, but I'm not really tied into those services. Doubt it's related to the updates. If it's still not working tomorrow, post back to this thread w/ the URL you're trying to hit, and I'll ask around.

I don't know, DA. These heavy Ajax apps touch a lot of codepaths in the browser, so it's not unprecedented for a software update to conflict with an app. I have a coworker whose Firefox hasn't been able to load GMail since one of the post 3.0 updates.

colchar
08-15-2008, 09:29 AM
The maps worked fine for me yesterday.

Now if only I could finally figure out why I don't get any sound from Firefox on my laptop (started a thread about it while in Britain but gave up trying to fix it out of pure frustration) I'd be happy.

DevilAlumna
08-16-2008, 01:55 AM
Sweet, now the google ad placements are showing ads for Live Search.

At the risk of getting permanently banned again (no really, I did get banned the last time I brought up something like this - I was considered a spammer), I'll point out that MSFT is offering the following:

http://searchandgive.com/

Use Live Search through this site, and earn money for the charity or school of your choice. Frankly, I'm still a Googler for general searching needs, but I still thought this was a cool incentive worth sharing.

2535Miles
08-16-2008, 02:01 AM
Sweet, now the google ad placements are showing ads for Live Search.

At the risk of getting permanently banned again (no really, I did get banned the last time I brought up something like this - I was considered a spammer), I'll point out that MSFT is offering the following:

http://searchandgive.com/

Use Live Search through this site, and earn money for the charity or school of your choice. Frankly, I'm still a Googler for general searching needs, but I still thought this was a cool incentive worth sharing.
I'm a fan of Google too, not that I'm pro Google, but only because for nonsensical anti-microsoft reasons.

Indoor66
08-16-2008, 09:08 AM

I'll sent you a PM.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=44.023938~-99.71&style=h&lvl=4&tilt=-89.875918865193&dir=0&alt=7689462.6842358

Indoor66
08-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Have you tried maps.google.com? Not to try and convert you, just to see if it has similar problems?

I use google maps as well, but MS Live maps give a different perspective and their aerials are more current.

colchar
08-16-2008, 03:20 PM
At the risk of getting permanently banned again (no really, I did get banned the last time I brought up something like this - I was considered a spammer)

Please tell me you're kidding.

DevilAlumna
08-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Please tell me you're kidding.

Nope - 20 points = banned.