PDA

View Full Version : Why Remove the Letter Regarding the Giuliani Lawsuit?

mr. synellinden
08-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Move this to the Giuliani Sues Duke thread if necessary, but why did the DBR feel it was appropriate to take down the letter from the member of the Duke golf team? What legal implications could there be for posting an opinion of someone not named as a party in the lawsuit, only with direct knowledge of the facts at issue? Doesn't DBR have the right to post opinions of that sort? Couldn't the author of the letter just post it on the message boards? Would DBR also feel it is appopriate to remove it from the boards if it were posted there?

I am just wondering why Giuliani's attorney was able to convince the DBR to take it down, regardless of my individual opinion about the merits of the case.

Duke4Ever32
08-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I am just wondering why Giuliani's attorney was able to convince the DBR to take it down, regardless of my individual opinion about the merits of the case.

Same here. Maybe DBR is just acting out of an abundance of caution, but I didn't think telling the story or expressing an opinion could be a problem??

Cavlaw
08-14-2008, 12:56 PM
This is addressed on the front page (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=25564).