PDA

View Full Version : olympic basketball schedule question

rthomas
08-13-2008, 09:23 AM
From Bob Green's post on the closed thread, C'mon DBR, there is this schedule:
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olym/men/scheResu/p/openNodeIDs/6576/selNodeID/6576/fe_scheStat_sche.html

The Greece vs US game is August 14 at 20:00 - is that EST or is that Beijing time?

Another good game that day is Germany vs. Spain at 9:00.

Dr. Rosenrosen
08-13-2008, 09:27 AM
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olym/men/scheResu/p/openNodeIDs/6576/selNodeID/6576/fe_scheStat_sche.html

The Greece vs US game is August 14 at 20:00 - is that EST or is that Beijing time?

If you go to www.nbcolympics.com it will actually ask you to input your zip code and local cable company and display the broadcast schedule for any sport in your local time zone. I've found it to be helpful.

HaveFunExpectToWin
08-13-2008, 11:21 AM
I believe that's 8PM Beijing time or 8AM New York time.

I recorded all the basketball games (starting at 2:30AM) the other day and the 12 hours of HD recording was a little rough on my DVR. I think I'll try a manual record for 3 hours starting at 8AM on Thursday.

Is anyone else loving the Olympic Basketball channel coverage? I'm really enjoying no commercials and actually like the live feeds of warmups and timeouts.

Edouble
08-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Is anyone else loving the Olympic Basketball channel coverage? I'm really enjoying no commercials and actually like the live feeds of warmups and timeouts.

Unfortunately, the lack of commercials lulls me into sleep. I usually get up around 10, so the 8AM start is early for me. Commercials are loud, and in your face, and help keep you awake better than a still shot of the court.

I can't believe I'm complaining over a lack of commercials! :p

billybreen
08-13-2008, 11:32 AM
I believe that's 8PM Beijing time or 8AM New York time.

I recorded all the basketball games (starting at 2:30AM) the other day and the 12 hours of HD recording was a little rough on my DVR. I think I'll try a manual record for 3 hours starting at 8AM on Thursday.

I'm loving it. Heck, the soccer channel even convinced me to watch some soccer. Soccer makes very restful watching -- most of the time it can be safely backgrounded, but once an hour something exciting happens.

Bob Green
08-13-2008, 04:08 PM

The schedule reflects Beijing time.

COYS
08-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Hey now, easy on the soccer. I'm still licking my wounds after getting up at 5am to watch the USA vs. Nigeria. The outcome was very frustrating. But yeah, the soccer and basketball channels are amazing. Plus, I personally can only take so many (insert companies' name) commercials played over and over and over again.

weezie
08-13-2008, 05:29 PM
I can't believe I'm complaining over a lack of commercials! :p

Just as long as you don't start complaining about a lack of Vitale.

PumpkinFunk
08-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Plus, I personally can only take so many (insert companies' name) commercials played over and over and over again.

United is the one that's gotten me. Rhapsody in Blue is only good when you're not hearing it every commercial break.

That said, I am in love with all of the Morgan Freeman Visa commercials.

moonpie23
08-13-2008, 06:33 PM
according to ESPN.com....

the game vs GREECE is at 8 AM thurs the 14th......