PDA

View Full Version : Vanderbilt was robbed

Fish80
03-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Green traveled, basket should have been waved off, Vandy played good D. Too bad. They're a fun team to watch.

YmoBeThere
03-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Green traveled, basket should have been waved off, Vandy played good D. Too bad. They're a fun team to watch.

Decent athletes with size(6'6"+) in Foster and Byars. I have enjoyed watching my other alma mater this year...not much expectation so Sweet 16 was a bonus. Certainly better than the back to back losses to Arkansas.

feldspar
03-23-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm going to vomit.

YmoBeThere
03-23-2007, 09:51 PM
a roster loaded with Juniors and Seniors who played.

YmoBeThere
03-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm going to vomit.

Just curious what has you feeling sick?

mgtr
03-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I agree that Vandy was robbed on that deal, but I suppose that is the advantage of being aggressive in the last seconds of a tight game.

feldspar
03-23-2007, 09:53 PM
I agree that Vandy was robbed on that deal, but I suppose that is the advantage of being aggressive in the last seconds of a tight game.

Please cite the rule that supports your assertion.

YmoBeThere
03-23-2007, 09:55 PM
At a Duke board discussing Vandy basketball. What did the Brits play at the surrender at Yorktown? "The World Turned Upside Down"?

TheDuke11
03-23-2007, 10:01 PM
what scenario would please you more:

unc v/s vandy
or
unc v/s georgetown

yeah, i'm glad vandy was jacked up too.

YmoBeThere
03-23-2007, 10:07 PM
what scenario would please you more:

unc v/s vandy
or
unc v/s georgetown

yeah, i'm glad vandy was jacked up too.

Because I have ties to the school and would love it if they were to knock of the Holes. However, realistically I think G'Town has the better shot to beat them.

DevilAlumna
03-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Because I have ties to the school and would love it if they were to knock of the Holes. However, realistically I think G'Town has the better shot to beat them.

Also a Vandy alum; also would love to see Vandy drop UNC; also think G'town's more likely to do so. (Tho right now, looks like USC may beat them to it.)

Vandy, Vandy, oh hell yeah!

DankeShane
03-23-2007, 11:33 PM
I love how when a team other than Duke wins a game with a controversial no-call, it isn't mentioned in the espn.com article until 6 or 7 paragraphs down in the story. Then, when it is mentioned it's just a casual "oh by the way, it looked like he walked but no biggie it was an exciting play!!!"

If Duke won a sweet 16 game thanks to a no-call, the headline and the main caption under the photo would say "Duke wins game thanks to controversial no-call". This isn't even debatable - you know espn would go to town with it.

mgtr
03-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Please cite the rule that supports your assertion.

I think that, generally, the aggressive team in the last few seconds of game will succeed, because the refs are unlikely to call any but the most blatant foul. They are reluctant to change the outcome, and be accused of altering the game.

Vincetaylor
03-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Before being obnoxious towards people, you should do your homework. That WAS a travel.

hughgs
03-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Before being obnoxious towards people, you should do your homework. That WAS a travel.

Not that Feldspar needs the help, but I'm sure he's tired of answering, so I'll chime in.

Under what NCAA rule was it a travel. You claim it a travel so cite the rule. Feldspar has cited a rule, now you do the same. If you can't then I would suggest that a little homework is due.

calltheobvious
03-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Might we get a merge on this one, mods?

throatybeard
03-24-2007, 10:26 AM
I wanted to, but it'll make a mess in the merged thread. We didn't catch it in time. I did merge a couple UNC threads into each other last night, but they had 1 or 2 posts in them at the time.

We could lock one, but why bother at this point. But thank you for bringing it up, CTO. It's a good time for a reminder.

Folks: please scan the first two pages worth of threads before you start 2 (Vandy/Refs) to 20 (NoseGate) threads on the same topic.

HK Dukie
03-24-2007, 02:28 PM
I was really happy when that last Georgetown bucket went in....anything for a tougher match-up for the team that shall not be named.