PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the football field has been approved...

OZZIE4DUKE
08-07-2008, 05:51 PM
at NC State. They are going to drop it 2 feet lower than it is now. I don't know what this is meant to accomplish, but I heard if from one of the men who will be part of the crew that does the work next year.

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-07-2008, 06:06 PM
at NC State. They are going to drop it 2 feet lower than it is now. I don't know what this is meant to accomplish, but I heard if from one of the men who will be part of the crew that does the work next year.
Will this be a project for one of the engineering classes? Or maybe landscape architecture classes?;)

Indoor66
08-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Will this be a project for one of the engineering classes? Or maybe landscape architecture classes?;)

Maybe Turf Management.

DU82
08-07-2008, 11:20 PM

The first row at Carter-Finley is low compared to Wallace Wade, and by lowering the field, those sitting in the first few rows will actually be able to watch the game, instead of reading the numbers on the backs of the players' helmets.

Had State not voted for expansion in order to duck us for the past four years, we would have played over there, and you probably would have been able to see it first hand.

SilkyJ
08-07-2008, 11:45 PM
ozzie, you got me. keepin us on our toes...

This has been discussed quite a bit before, but I dont see that happening at WW until we start going to bowl games consistently for various reasons that are all somewhat connected.

devilirium
08-09-2008, 12:17 AM
I believe that it will happen at Wade, though....and what a glorious day it will be when it happens !!!!!