PDA

View Full Version : Welcome CWell

BD80
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
I can't believe there hasn't been more reaction to CWell joining the staff, I am stoked!!

CWell is one of my all-time favorite players, he did whatever he was asked to do and did whatever he could to get a win. I do believe he guarded all five positions during his career, and transitioned from role player to the "go-to guy". Having him around the team can only be good! As the grad assistant is he allowed to "coach" players during practice? He and Nate will fit in to the program seamlessly.

Anyone concerned that our program is too inbred and needs "fresh blood" have to be encouraged by the experience K, Wojo and Collins are getting with D'Antoni and McMillen running the offensive and defensive practices and Boeheim running the zone practices, and watching and interacting with the best coaches from around the world.

Does hiring CWell mean that Coach K has given up on guards for assistant coaches and is moving "up" toward the front court? Is Laettner next?

The Gordog
08-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Sooo happy to have C-Well on board! I can't believe the linked story on WRAL.com fails to mention his ACC POY 2000 award along with his career stats.

sue71, esq
08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Congrats, C-Well!

He's definitely one of the nicest guys I remember from when I was there. :)

Edouble
08-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Sooo happy to have C-Well on board! I can't believe the linked story on WRAL.com fails to mention his ACC POY 2000 award along with his career stats.

I agree that should have been the first thing mentioned.

Billy Dat
08-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Of all the great players to have suited up for Duke, C-Well is my favorite. To me, he was the epitome of what you want a kid to do for your team - come in good and keep getting better and better while working harder and harder and peaking as he departs. C-Well peaked prior to the end of the year, but his stroll off the court, mobbed by adoring fans, holding the ball aloft, at the close of the Carolina regular season finale was, to me, the greatest on court post-game scene I ever witnessed. LOVE HIM!