PDA

View Full Version : K's Double Duty

tommy
08-05-2008, 10:32 AM
This was in a very complimentary article on K and the Olympic team the other day in the LA Times. It's the only thing in the largely Q&A piece that I didn't love:

Q: As important a period as this is for the Olympic team, it is also an important time for Duke in terms of recruiting. Are you trying to straddle your two obligations?

A: No, I took myself off the road NCAA-wise three days into the period. I went out the 6th, 7th and 8th of July and then notified [the NCAA] compliance [office] and our conference to take me off the road. . . . I just can't recruit now. Are you kidding me? We are trying to win a gold medal. If any recruit doesn't understand, that's too bad.

My question is: too bad for who? Seems to me we're right in the middle of some pretty important recruiting battles and while of course K has responsibilities to the Olympic team that he must and should fulfill, even he seems to be saying that it really could impact recruiting. I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but to hear it come from K himself was, for me, unsettling.

Edouble
08-05-2008, 10:37 AM
My question is: too bad for who?

Too bad for that recruit that they're selfish and lack perspective outside of their tiny world.

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Too bad for that recruit that they're selfish and lack perspective outside of their tiny world.
Amen!

Lord Ash
08-05-2008, 11:46 AM
+1 (which is too short, so here.)