PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Coach Cut and Duke

Tennessee&DukeFan414
07-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Congrats to Coach Cut and Duke. He is going to be a very good recruiter 9he already is doing a whale of a job this year) and will be a good coach. I think he did not get a fair shake at Ole Miss and he is a very good QB's coach as well. I am a Tennessee football fan and I like Duke as well (and I love Duke's basketball program, I used to love watching Jwill, Boozer, Redick, and the Land Lord. Now Tennessee has a good basketball program and Duke is turning it around in football. I hope Cut does well and wish the football Dukies the best of luck.

AtlBluRew
07-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Congrats to Coach Cut and Duke. He is going to be a very good recruiter 9he already is doing a whale of a job this year) and will be a good coach. I think he did not get a fair shake at Ole Miss and he is a very good QB's coach as well. I am a Tennessee football fan and I like Duke as well (and I love Duke's basketball program, I used to love watching Jwill, Boozer, Redick, and the Land Lord. Now Tennessee has a good basketball program and Duke is turning it around in football. I hope Cut does well and wish the football Dukies the best of luck.

Welcome to the DBR Board. If you haven't been a reader until recently you wouldn't know this, but the enthusiasm for Duke Football is MUCH greater now than it has been for a very long time, and we anticipate great changes with Coach Cut!

Tennessee&DukeFan414
07-30-2008, 02:17 PM
That's great to hear that there is a buzz around Coach Cut. Maybe in a few seasons Duke will get to a bowl game, but they must have patience, it takes a long time to get to the big time. It took SOuth Florida 9 full seasons to make it to a bowl game with Florida talent, so it is no easy task, but Cut can do it.

Devil in the Blue Dress
07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
That's great to hear that there is a buzz around Coach Cut. Maybe in a few seasons Duke will get to a bowl game, but they must have patience, it takes a long time to get to the big time. It took SOuth Florida 9 full seasons to make it to a bowl game with Florida talent, so it is no easy task, but Cut can do it.
Welcome! You'll find some interesting commentary and discussions on this board. I look forward to reading your posts as the season unfolds.

We've had a drought here and look forward to earning back a winning tradition.

Tennessee&DukeFan414
07-30-2008, 02:36 PM
I would love to see Duke get back to going to bowls again, because North Carolina is coming in football as they will be much improved this year and their coach was responsible for recruiting possibly the greatest assortment of talent in college history at the U and they have Greg's brother at QB who I think will eventually beat out T.J. Yates for that job. UNC also has DT stud Marvin Austin and Greg Little. I am anxious to see how Thaddeus Lewis does this year and then it will be Sean Renfree time with Desmond Scott in the backfield they could be a potent offense. I also like Duke's DT Oghobasse, I think he will be a productive NFL player.

OldPhiKap
07-30-2008, 04:12 PM
I would love to see Duke get back to going to bowls again, because North Carolina is coming in football as they will be much improved this year and their coach was responsible for recruiting possibly the greatest assortment of talent in college history at the U and they have Greg's brother at QB who I think will eventually beat out T.J. Yates for that job. UNC also has DT stud Marvin Austin and Greg Little. I am anxious to see how Thaddeus Lewis does this year and then it will be Sean Renfree time with Desmond Scott in the backfield they could be a potent offense. I also like Duke's DT Oghobasse, I think he will be a productive NFL player.

Thanks for the input! I'd ask your views on Fulmer but that may veer this thread off in a dangerous direction . . . .

Good Ole Rockytop!