PDA

View Full Version : Lorenzo Brown & Richard Howell

wolfpackdevil
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Last Night, A top-30 '09 Basketball recruit, Lorenzo Brown, commited to NC State. He is a 6-5 SG, PG with very good skills.

About an hour ago, Richard Howell, A 6'7 215 PF, 74th in the Nation for '09 also commited to the Pack.

Those were the first big signees for '09 for NC State.

Also, 5 star recruits, Derrick Favors and Ryan Kelly both 6'10 or bigger are Highly interested in NC State.

Just a question, Is Sidney Lower turning NC State into a big Recruiting team like Duke or UNC, and can they be very competitive in the years to come with these big recruits??

roywhite
07-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Just a question, Is Sidney Lower turning NC State into a big Recruiting team like Duke or UNC, and can they be very competitive in the years to come with these big recruits??

Sidney has lots of work to do, but I don't see any reason why the Wolfpack can't be a very successful program. They have tradition, good facilities, and a high degree of fan interest. The challenge is the comparison to neighbors Duke and UNC, which are two of the top programs in the nation (#1 and #3 according to ESPN's recent survey).

Just my opinion, but excluding the Blue Devils and Tarheels, I think the Wolfpack has a greater chance of success than any other ACC program. Would reaching the status of 3rd best ACC program be adequate for 'Pack fans? Don't know.

Slackerb
07-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Those are very nice gets, that's for sure.

Those two and Scott Wood as an outside shooter seems a pretty strong class for next year.

The problem is can the coach and fans get through this year and Wood/Brown/Howell's freshman year?

But you gotta give Sid credit for recruiting well, especially considering their position this past year.

CameronBornAndBred
07-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Good to see them getting some quality recruits. Hopefully Sidney can make them work as a team this year, I'd like to see all 3 triangle teams having nationally ranked squads again.

BD80
07-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Good to see them getting some quality recruits. Hopefully Sidney can make them work as a team this year, I'd like to see all 3 triangle teams having nationally ranked squads again.

As long as Duke is top 5, NCState top 25 and unc is ranked 235, I agree!:D

wilko
07-28-2008, 06:07 PM
As long as Duke is top 5, NCState top 25 and unc is ranked 235, I agree!:D

Tru DAT!
Im fine with State improving to kick the tar out of the Heels on a regular basis... but they are not allowed ot beat us.

I'll inform them personally of this mandate if need be at 3 dollars a piece.