PDA

View Full Version : Boynton and Knight lead team to Reebok title

watzone
07-26-2008, 10:46 PM
It was a successful visit to Las Vegas for Kenny Boynton and Brandon Knight. The dynamic duo led Team Breakdown to the championship about an hour ago.

http://bluedevilnation.wordpress.com/category/recruiting-news/

Uncle Drew
07-27-2008, 01:19 AM
It was a successful visit to Las Vegas for Kenny Boynton and Brandon Knight. The dynamic duo led Team Breakdown to the championship about an hour ago.

http://bluedevilnation.wordpress.com/category/recruiting-news/

Thanks Watzone for the link, I love how it says "Brandon Knight (2010) chipped in 24 points.". It sounds like he might be the type of player that lets the game come to him. But that's a whole lotta chipping in! Reminds me of a rap lyric from years ago, "messed around and go a tripple double".

mgtr
07-27-2008, 05:17 AM
"messed around and go a tripple double".

That was from the Oscar Robertson story, who averaged a triple double! He was really good.

slower
07-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Not particularly thrilled that Boynton says he's looking hard at Kansas State.

ice-9
07-27-2008, 11:16 AM
When Knight was asked which schools were in the mix in the article linked to from the front, Duke wasn't listed. Hmm...did we really offer this guy?

Edouble
07-27-2008, 11:57 AM
That was from the Oscar Robertson story, who averaged a triple double! He was really good.

???

It's Ice Cube, from It Was A Good Day, circa 1992, and the lyric wasn't "messed", but a naughtier word. :o

Uncle Drew
07-27-2008, 12:19 PM
???

It's Ice Cube, from It Was A Good Day, circa 1992, and the lyric wasn't "messed", but a naughtier word. :o

Alex I'll take radio version rap lyrics from the early 1990's for $500 please!

Yeah I know it was a naughtier word, but today was a good day. :D

"Not particularly thrilled that Boynton says he's looking hard at Kansas State."

"When Knight was asked which schools were in the mix in the article linked to from the front, Duke wasn't listed. Hmm...did we really offer this guy?"

Umm someone want to give me the odds we don't get either of these guys, the odds we get one and the odds we get both?

Lord Ash
07-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Ahhh old school Ice Cube. Good stuff.

I wish KB would just declare for Duke already. In fact, I am primed and ready for a bunch of commitments.

Uncle Drew
07-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Ahhh old school Ice Cube. Good stuff.

I wish KB would just declare for Duke already. In fact, I am primed and ready for a bunch of commitments.

Me too Ash, the longer recruits wait (I know these guys are young) the more I feel like a player is going Patterson or Monroe us. Different circumstances, I just don't like getting disappointed. It's why I stopped getting married.

Lord Ash
07-27-2008, 03:23 PM
*snicker*

Yeah, I know that the last few years have left me feeling a bit... well, like these things have been falling through a bit for us, even if that isn't a fair feeling. But man'o'man am I ready for some big classes that perform beyond expectations!

Bluedog
07-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Me too Ash, the longer recruits wait (I know these guys are young) the more I feel like a player is going Patterson or Monroe us. Different circumstances, I just don't like getting disappointed. It's why I stopped getting married.

Well, Monroe didn't even visit us, so I'd say his decision was made pretty quickly. Patteron dragged it out, though, for sure....which is certainly his right. But I agree it's nice to know sooner rather than later :) Plus, if they wait a really long time, fans always have higher expectations (oftentimes unreasonable) for the player (i.e. Lance Thomas).

skitelz
07-28-2008, 01:19 AM
sometimes the wait turns out well though...it seemed like email took forever. maybe it was just me though.

slower
07-29-2008, 02:19 PM

Man, I forgot that Huggins was already gone from K-State. Ah, well, time flies!

roywhite
07-29-2008, 02:24 PM

A visit to Manhattan, Kansas would cure him of that. :)

Actually, my brother and sister-in-law taught at K-State for a few years; some nice folks there, but not my favorite area of the country, particularly when the cold winds blow.