PDA

View Full Version : A Reason to Like Nick Van Exel

slower
07-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Here's an amusing story about Nick the Quick and George Karl:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/07/18/weekly.countdown/1.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to story #1

BD80
07-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Nick is now my all-time favorite non-Duke player. I love that he was able to come up with a Duke hat so quickly.

The fact that Karl will tell that story (ripping a player "really hard" for an hour because he called Deano ordinary) illustrates what a tool he really is. I will relish watching him struggle with Denver this year, now that there is nary a soul on the team that will play a moment of defense (Camby is gone, Melo won't be playing for Coach K, with Kobe, or for a gold medal).

devildeac
07-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Here's an amusing story about Nick the Quick and George Karl:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/07/18/weekly.countdown/1.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to story #1

BWAHAHAHAHA.

GTHCGTH

Is karl the one who said several years ago that he would never have a Duke player on his team? What a pri.. oh, never mind, I'll censor myself-what a pottymouthpottymouthpottymouth!

bhd28
07-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Something else George Carl has never had on one of his teams... an NBA title.:D

BD80
07-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Is karl the one who said several years ago that he would never have a Duke player on his team?

Yep, Karl likes to pretend that he is the smartest person on the team, which of course would be impossible if there were a Dukie on the team. A Dukie might also confuse the Karl-coached players with concepts such as team defense and passing. It is a mystery why Karl still has a job.

Edouble
07-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Nick is now my all-time favorite non-Duke player. I love that he was able to come up with a Duke hat so quickly.

He clearly had his suspicions that Karl was going to be a jerk when he met him in person, and he packed accordingly. :p

Nick is awesome!

Carlos
07-20-2008, 06:13 PM
I'd like him even more if he hadn't shot something like 8 for 23 in his last college game.