PDA

View Full Version : Buckeye Escape Artists

dukemsu
03-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Well, that's two scares in a row for Ohio State. Amazing (and clean) block by Oden to secure the win. Perhaps if Tennessee had been going to the basket the whole second half like they did on the final play, they wouldn't have been in that spot. They shot way too many threes in the second half.

Some kind of game. I'd say UT flat blew it, but OSU had to play very well in the last 20 minutes to pull it off.

dukepsy1963
03-23-2007, 12:42 AM
UT did blow it...especially the coach. Waited entirely too long to foul at end and thus left themselves with hardly any time to set up....didn't they have a time out remaining too?
I was not terribly entertained with the game in general.
Oh well.............

Jumbo
03-23-2007, 12:50 AM
UT did blow it...especially the coach. Waited entirely too long to foul at end and thus left themselves with hardly any time to set up....didn't they have a time out remaining too?
I was not terribly entertained with the game in general.
Oh well.............

Tennessee wasn't trying to foul at the end -- the game was tied. Conley hit the first, missed the second.

dukepsy1963
03-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Tennessee wasn't trying to foul at the end -- the game was tied. Conley hit the first, missed the second.

I know he wasn't trying to foul... I think I would coached a foul and bought some seconds is what I meant.
Give them possible two but buy seconds....

dukepsy1963
03-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Now I am certain that I need proof of Oden's age....:).
It takes years of worry and work to produce wrinkles like he has on his forehead.... Believe me, I know....

Jumbo
03-23-2007, 01:36 AM
I know he wasn't trying to foul... I think I would coached a foul and bought some seconds is what I meant.
Give them possible two but buy seconds....

Why would you intentionally foul in a tie game? Play D, get a stop, get the ball, and win or go to OT.

Ralph-Wiggum
03-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Here's a question: while I think it would've been crappy if Oden had to sit at the end of the game due to a technicality, does anyone know the official rules on blood? I had thought that a player couldn't be in the game if there was any blood on his jersey until he had changed. Is that not the rule? And if it is the rule, how the hell did the officials let Oden remain on the court with the obvious blood on his shirt?

longshot
03-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Being a long time buckeye fan, and going to school there, I couldn't agree with you guys more. We just keep "getting by" each and every game. I'm pretty impressed with Matta. Each time I curse him for not calling a timeout on an 8-0 run, someone would hit a big shot and get them right back in the game. He is a new breed coach, that just loosens the reigns of his players and let's them play.

Go Duke!

EagleDevil
03-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Tennessee shot way too many threes in the second half.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. They built the 20-point lead by hitting threes. Sound like any Duke teams of recent vintage?

Chris