PDA

View Full Version : Alison Bales traded to Atlanta Dream--We missed it.

CameronBornAndBred
07-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I'll periodically check and see how the ladies are doing on their teams, and didn't see Bales listed on Indiana's roster, so I assumed she was hurt. She was traded to the Atlanta Dream July 4th, and was playing for them when they got their first win. She is now starting for them at center. I wonder how she likes playing with Ivory.

DevilDan
07-18-2008, 09:33 PM
I saw some tape on Allison as a Dream player, late last week. I thought she did a great job while at Duke. I'm still haunted by the Maryland guard (Tolliver !?!) making that long three over AB's leap and outstretched arm in the Final Four .... I thought Allison D'd up about as good as she could ... !

wilson
07-18-2008, 09:34 PM
...I wonder how she likes playing with Ivory.

More importantly, how does she like being the newest member of the Atlanta Mafia?

devildeac
07-18-2008, 11:32 PM
More importantly, how does she like being the newest member of the Atlanta Mafia?

Ooh, has she gone to a Braves game with you folks? Has she quaffed a few ales at the Brick Store (Brick House?) pub:o:D?

UncleBill
07-19-2008, 09:01 AM
We watched one of the televised games, and seeing Alison and Katie Feenstra (6' 8") working it down low was impressive. I don't recall seeing bug-eyed Latta on the floor much, though. We're going to the Dream-Mystics game next Friday. Bales, Currie, and Beard all on one court again!

CameronBornAndBred
07-19-2008, 01:51 PM
We watched one of the televised games, and seeing Alison and Katie Feenstra (6' 8") working it down low was impressive. I don't recall seeing bug-eyed Latta on the floor much, though. We're going to the Dream-Mystics game next Friday. Bales, Currie, and Beard all on one court again!

Wow, that would be fun to see them all again. Have a blast, toss out a GTHC if Latta is close enough to hear you!

daveyro
03-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Wow, that would be fun to see them all again. Have a blast, toss out a GTHC if Latta is close enough to hear you!

My all time favorite from WBB

stillcrazie
03-08-2013, 04:33 PM

I think Beard is with the LA Sparks now.

sagegrouse
03-08-2013, 04:48 PM
My all time favorite from WBB

Anyone else agree that reviving a five-year-old thread with a general comment about Alana seems a bit bizarre, especially since Alana was not apparently mentioned anywhere in the earlier messages.

sagegrouse

CameronBlue
03-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Anyone else agree that reviving a five-year-old thread with a general comment about Alana seems a bit bizarre, especially since Alana was not apparently mentioned anywhere in the earlier messages.

sagegrouse

As to the thread topic Alison retired last year to attend medical school. I'm not particular about posting protocol but bizarre describes it. As my 6 year old says "Daddy that just makes my brain crinkly." When she gets older she'll learn that Scotch smooths things back out.