PDA

View Full Version : Mike Hampton - Calling Dr. Greybeard

EarlJam
07-17-2008, 01:35 PM
I think this deserves to be separate from the Atlanta Braves post, as this whole thing has moved beyond the ridiculous and into the paranormal.

Mike Hampton, who should be a spokesperson for Hampton Inn (because he belongs in one), is hurt again. Yes, "First Aid," as I shall call him from this moment forward tweaked his groin in the 1st inning in a AAA rehab game.

Lately, all the injuries seem to be happening just before his moment to take the mound on a major league field.

Question: Is it mental at this point? Not to say the injuries are fake. Just wondering if his mind-body connection is sabatoging the whole affair in fear of success, or a real comeback.

Thoughts?

If he ever does make it back to the mound, some team ought to make it "First Aid Kit" night. First 10,000 to the ballpark receive free first aid kits. If he makes it past the 4th inning without injury, 1,000 random ticket holders get a free night's stay at the Hampton Inn of choice.

This guy is surely just messing with us at this point.

-EarlJam

2535Miles
07-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Maybe instead of Hello-Kitty Band-Aids, JnJ could make Mike Hampton (or the Braves for that matter) Band-Aids. I was gonna photoshop you up a package design, but then noticed an eerie resemblance to you and Mike.

Lavabe
07-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I think someone mentioned that Hampton's next injury would be his groinal region.

ALRIGHT!!

His next injury will be:

BACK SPASMS (brought on by sneezing)

EarlJam
07-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I think someone mentioned that Hampton's next injury would be his groinal region.

ALRIGHT!!

His next injury will be:

BACK SPASMS (brought on by sneezing)

Good call!

I've already made a bet with one of my friends. You get to pick the next day he gets injured (within two weeks) and the type of injury (two guesses). Get the day exactly right, and it doubles the bet money.

I've got August 10, sprained ankle or contusion of ribs.

-EarlJam

greybeard
07-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Hey, maybe it's just that he suffering from those unmentioned side effects that they talk about on TV when, you know, it lasts for more than 4 hours. Somebody told him all he needed was a good stiff one, and now he's stuck. ;)

OZZIE4DUKE
07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
I'll start worrying about Mike Hampton's injuries after Carl Pavano gets back on the mound, and stays there, for the Yankees. What's it been? 3 years, 4 or 5 since he was signed? Sheesh.

EarlJam
07-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey, maybe it's just that he suffering from those unmentioned side effects that they talk about on TV when, you know, it lasts for more than 4 hours. Somebody told him all he needed was a good stiff one, and now he's stuck. ;)

It's got to be hard to come back from that. And the rehab reports DID mention that his balls were hitting the strike zone with amazing consistency.

-EarlJam (snicker, snicker)

Shammrog
07-17-2008, 07:31 PM
It's got to be hard to come back from that. And the rehab reports DID mention that his balls were hitting the strike zone with amazing consistency.

-EarlJam (snicker, snicker)

And, this injury comes in the face of stiff opposition.

YmoBeThere
07-18-2008, 07:37 AM
BB or someone deleted his post of Who is Mike Hampton?

MH ranks as one of the worst multi-year contract pitcher signing in MLB history. I think the contract was 8 years and $121 million dollars. It helps that he is a lefty. See Barry Zito...