PDA

View Full Version : One more reason to be proud of Duke athletes

fitimi1
07-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Congratulations to the these young ladies who excel in the classroom as well as on the field (course).

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22558&SPID=1838&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1513741

Bluedog
07-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Congrats! Tied with FSU for the most honorees..But what the heck is PGM as a major? Professional golf management? ;) I also didn't know UNC had a "exercise sports science" major. I'm quite glad Duke offers no major like that while so many other schools do. I remember The Chronicle got criticized a bit when they were poking fun at the fact that like 37 members on the Clemson football team were forestry management majors or something. I thought it was hilarious personally.

Edit: They were Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management majors.

Edit 2: Wow, I was completely joking when I guessed professional golf management, but it is professional golf management. I guess I shouldn't judge. Congrats to everybody who made All-ACC Academic!

OZZIE4DUKE
07-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Congrats to our ladies, especially since they take real courses and have real majors (and minors!). Look at all the other "winners", who have a major with "sport" somewhere in the major's name. What a joke. They should be disqualified from consideration because of it.

On another note, I see Julie Saleeby at NC State is a freshman biology major. Good for her. I believe I know her dad, and granddad - they are proctologists in Raleigh. Yeah, getting to know them was a real pain in the butt. :D:eek:

Carlos
07-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Not only is Julie Saleeby on the team but her older sister Joanna made the cut as well. The family are members at my club in Raleigh and the girls are always out there practicing. I usually try to move to the other side of the range to avoid embarrassing myself.

Devilsfan
07-17-2008, 07:30 PM
That Clemson comment was funny. Clemson is where the smart kids in South Carolina go, the not so smart kids go to USC. Thus proving "everythings relative".