PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Barnes recruiting thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Azdukefan
11-13-2009, 01:17 PM
It is 1:10, somebody on the West Coast tell us where he is going!

BTW bakery sounds like former Duke guard Kenny Blakeney

Duke it is! Gonna take a nap until the game. Life is good!!!!!

Kewlswim
11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi,

The banner on the top of the DBR page bellow the links and about the posts themselves had ISU items for sale. This is because the folks at DBR know he is going there and can't say anything until he announces. I don't know what an omen is, but if that isn't one Ole Roy needs to eat his hat.

GO DUKE! AND Relax we will all know soon so this thread can be closed.

NYDukie
11-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Two things:
One, there are rabid Cyclone fans?
Two, what ISU Fan in their right mind believes he'd choose ISU? It was clear from the start that ISU was probably at best #4 out of his 6 choices.

If he picks the Cyclones, the world has turned on its head.

Better question yet is if he chooses ISU, is this the last we hear and see of Barnes? I know the draw of being the hometown hero is great but I just don't see ISU as a means to an end for HB, either to the league or championship. Funny because many on the ISU board says either UNC or Duke would be essentially using HB as their means to and end, being a championship while HB may be doing the same. Bottom line, everyone could use each other in this recruitment!

sandinmyshoes
11-13-2009, 01:22 PM
When this is over, I am swearing off following recruiting. One of these times, it's bound to stick.
I was just checking out general sports news at ESPN and one of the headlines listed on the right side of the page said, "Tar Heels land... " I nearly had a heart attack before reading the rest "two elite guards." Talking about Marshall and Bullock. I'm done after this one. Really, I am.

oldnavy
11-13-2009, 01:23 PM
WHO-TV in DesMoines is reporting that HB has scheduled an appearance for Sunday with their people to discuss his decision.

http://www.whotv.com/news/who-story-barnes-choice-111309,0,2107407.story

Hmm. Why do that if he's going out of state? Just to explain himself to disappointed locals, perhaps? Or is the Ouija board puck headed toward the "I"?

Absolutely! He sounds like the type of kid that would want to explain why he chose Duke over the home team.

NYDukie
11-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Whoooohoooooo and the message board burn is now in overdrive....LOL

Azdukefan
11-13-2009, 01:25 PM
When this is over, I am swearing off following recruiting. One of these times, it's bound to stick.

I swore it off during the Wall saga but am back for more! Wish I could have stuck to my guns.

CEF1959
11-13-2009, 01:28 PM
The Ames Tribune posted a very nice tribute to HB, put out before his choice. It includes these excerpts. Nice.

"So, Harrison, wherever you choose to play your college ball, we know you’ll shine. Years from now, a lot of people in Ames will watch you play on television, admiring your grace and skill, and will nudge their friends and say, “I knew him when he played in Ames, you know. He was incredible!”

Congratulations, Harrison. Ames is proud of you."

Battierfan01
11-13-2009, 01:29 PM
I was just checking out general sports news at ESPN and one of the headlines listed on the right side of the page said, "Tar Heels land... " I nearly had a heart attack before reading the rest "two elite guards." Talking about Marshall and Bullock. I'm done after this one. Really, I am.

Man am I glad that I didn't read that. I almost had a heart attack just reading your post. :eek:

feldspar
11-13-2009, 01:30 PM
What we know about HB: He's extremely disciplined. Not afraid of lots and lots of hard work. He has almost a military-style routine and work-ethic. He cares a lot about academics.

Why he picks ISU: His mom works there (weight, out of 5: 2). His friend is going there. (2) His friend's Dad coaches there. (0-1) It's in his hometown. (2) It would shock everyone. (2) He'd be the new Stephen Curry. (3)
Why he doesn't pick ISU: No solid business program. (5) No regular TV coverage of his games.(4) Tough to get the kind of ultimate, D-I college experience in Ames, IA that will prepare him for the spotlight of the NBA.(5)

Why he picks UNC: His mom loves UNC.(3) Lots of obvious famous alumni.(2) UNC has the best recent track record of collecting National Championships.(4) UNC has a well-respected undergraduate business program. (5) Has a friend who will be playing for UNC. (2)
Why he doesn't pick UNC: Roy came late to the game in recruiting him. (4) Roy doesn't have a track record of graduating players early. (4)

Why he picks Oklahoma: Some national exposure, but with the opportunity of establishing a new basketball powerhouse via a National Championship.(2)
Why he doesn't pick Oklahoma: It's not Duke or UNC. (3)

Why he picks UCLA: It's UCLA. Excellent tradition. (2) Seems to have struck up a great rapport with Ben Howland during his official visit. (3) Opportunity to get UCLA "over the hump." (1)
Why he doesn't pick UCLA: Poor national TV coverage. (3) LA distractions.(4)

Why he picks Duke: K has wanted him from day 1. (4) Best overall academic school out of the 5 finalists. (5) Jay Williams and Carlos Boozer established the "graduate in 3" model. (4.5) Opportunity to play for a team that is on national TV at least twice a week. (3.5) Opportunity to play for coach of Team USA with all his basketball connections. (4)
Why he doesn't pick Duke: "They don't have his major," et al.(3) His mom seems to be a huge UNC fan. (1.5)

I've spent the morning trying as hard as I can to take off the Duke-blue glasses and look at this thing how (I think) HB would look at it, and I have to say in all honesty, I think it's a complete toss-up between Duke and UNC (surprise, surprise).

I think he's going to go with what his gut tells him. And I think, based on our intensity and persistence (and length) of recruiting him, based on the number of visits he made to Duke, he's going to pick Duke.

UrinalCake
11-13-2009, 01:30 PM
The Ames Tribune posted a very nice tribute to HB, put out before his choice. It includes these excerpts. Nice.[/I]

That is a very thoughtful and sincere message. We'll have to remember this after he picks Duke and those same people start calling him the antichrist.

NYDukie
11-13-2009, 01:31 PM
The Ames Tribune posted a very nice tribute to HB, put out before his choice. It includes these excerpts. Nice.

"So, Harrison, wherever you choose to play your college ball, we know you’ll shine. Years from now, a lot of people in Ames will watch you play on television, admiring your grace and skill, and will nudge their friends and say, “I knew him when he played in Ames, you know. He was incredible!”

Congratulations, Harrison. Ames is proud of you."

Hey, goes to show you most people still have class. It's easy to bash people today but credit is due when it is obvious. Hopefully, all fans, yes I include UNC, ISU and others will act with class after his announcement. I think most will and there will be those a-holes who make the rest of us look bad but it's been a wild and whacky ride. Gotta love it!

CEF1959
11-13-2009, 01:34 PM
This is funny. Evan Daniels is in Ames for Scout.com, claiming "exclusive" coverage and "unprecedented access." His tweets from this morning include this critical bit of insider info:

Des Moines appears bigger than I thought from the air!

Why I love twitter.

moonpie23
11-13-2009, 01:34 PM
That is a very thoughtful and sincere message. We'll have to remember this after he picks Duke and those same people start calling him the antichrist.

no, that would be Kentucky fans.....unc fans (for the most part) won't like it if he picks duke, but they won't tear the kid down...

what they WILL do is try to spin it that HB "won't be that big of a difference" to pull duke back even with them......

huied
11-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Completely off topic, but the town where I grew up also had an ISU (Idaho State University). The locals who went to college elsewhere would joke with their friends who went to ISU by saying that ISU stood for "I Screwed Up".

So, would you choose a school that could stand for I Screwed Up? ;)

UNC on the other hand, scares me a little. This whole thing has shades of Wright a few years back, but I hope the outcome is different this time.

----

First game in Cameron since graduation! Go Duke! Beat UNCG!

CEF1959
11-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Hey, goes to show you most people still have class. It's easy to bash people today but credit is due when it is obvious. Hopefully, all fans, yes I include UNC, ISU and others will act with class after his announcement. I think most will and there will be those a-holes who make the rest of us look bad but it's been a wild and whacky ride. Gotta love it!

One of the things HB mentioned as particularly memorable about his OV to Crowlina was a letter in the UNC-CH display case from Coach K to Michael Jordan wishing him luck at Carolina. If I'm not mistaken, when Shane Battier called Dean Smith to tell him he was going to Duke, Dean said "OK" and hung up on him.

Franzez
11-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Better question yet is if he chooses ISU, is this the last we hear and see of Barnes?
Yes.

ISU's season has the potential for disaster. They're expected to be around the 6-9th team in the Big 12 this season but with a team with only 1 star player they could very well end up with another disappointing season that results in another year without the NCAA tournament as Brackins leaves for the NBA.

If they don't go to the NCAA tournament who knows if McDermott will even be back for Harrison's freshman season?

It'd be disappointing to see us go through this again with Harrison in the late signing period.

Battierfan01
11-13-2009, 01:37 PM

Has any Duke recruit ever received this many post on a thread??

Franzez
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM
no, that would be Kentucky fans.....unc fans (for the most part) won't like it if he picks duke, but they won't tear the kid down...

what they WILL do is try to spin it that HB "won't be that big of a difference" to pull duke back even with them......
Kentucky fans would claim hes overrated and claim that he dominated weaker competition in Iowa but couldn't do the same anywhere else.

UNC will spin it by claiming it gives them 1 extra scholarship for 2011 to get Quincy Miller.

Bluedog

See Wall, John. We're still about 500 posts shy. 8 of the 10 most viewed threads on DBR are recruiting threads....

quickgtp

Someone check the coolant level on this bad boy!!!

cbnaylor
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Kentucky fans would claim hes overrated and claim that he dominated weaker competition in Iowa but couldn't do the same anywhere else.

UNC will spin it by claiming it gives them 1 extra scholarship for 2011 to get Quincy Miller.

And we as Duke fans would say well there's Roscoe Smith. Just keeping it real.

NYDukie
11-13-2009, 01:44 PM

Sort by view on the main board page and you see......

JOHN WALL

moonpie23
we gotta get crackin'

bigj4194
we gotta get crackin'

i'll help...

jaygdevil11
11-13-2009, 01:45 PM
i'll help...

me too!

NYDukie
11-13-2009, 01:47 PM
we gotta get crackin'

I'm think we push 2300 posts in total. Figure we get to around 2200 by 4pm and another 100 or so after HB commits and then the mods move the thread to a HB to ______ title.

I will fill in the blank with, eveyone with me now

D-U-K-E

Battierfan01
11-13-2009, 01:47 PM
See Wall, John. We're still about 500 posts shy. 8 of the 10 most viewed threads on DBR are recruiting threads....

Well its almost 2:00pm est time, so my guess is that we probably won't out do that one. But who knows. Lets keep posting!! :D

Franzez
11-13-2009, 01:49 PM
And we as Duke fans would say well there's Roscoe Smith. Just keeping it real.
Well.....:o

I wouldn't put all my eggs into one basket with that one.

I would hope that a name we see if that did happen is Julian Washburn.

miramar
11-13-2009, 01:50 PM
The Des Moines Register is posting over 100 pictures of HB. I think this has officially gone too far...

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/harrison-barnes

As a point of reference, the N&O only had a few images of John Wall.

CEF1959
11-13-2009, 01:50 PM
The Des Moines Register had a nice tribute to HB this morning too though, saluting him wherever he goes.

Those Iowans are nice folks.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20091113/NEWS03/911130375/-1/NEWS04/Hansen-Whatever-Harrison-Barnes-chooses-is-right-for-him-

Franzez
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
The Des Moines Register is posting over 100 pictures of HB. I think this has officially gone too far...

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/harrison-barnes

As a point of reference, the N&O only had a few images of John Wall.
Wow.

Im speechless.

They somehow have come across his family pictures as a child.

UrinalCake
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
What's even more impressive about the Wall thread is that the majority of that activity occured during a period of about a month or two - we got involved with him really late, after he decommitted from Memphis. I don't think we'll ever reach those levels on a posts-per-week basis.

phillyheel
11-13-2009, 01:57 PM

Adonis Thomas.

ChicagoCrazy84
11-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,

the power and the glory,

for ever and ever.

Go Duke!!!

Amen

jpfrizzle
11-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Plz come to Duke Harrison Barnes and help bring home a national championship for 2010 - 2011 season.
With Barnes & Irving in the line-up, the sky will be the limit.

chattpanther
11-13-2009, 01:59 PM
What time is HB announcing?

ChicagoCrazy84
11-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Well its almost 2:00pm est time, so my guess is that we probably won't out do that one. But who knows. Lets keep posting!! :D

2pm EST?? I thougt is was 3pm EST!!

Ahhh! I'm seriously tripping man!

chattpanther
11-13-2009, 02:02 PM
ESPNU just said it would be 4:10pm Eastern. 2 more hours. Dang.

mgtr
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Consider how much pressure is on a 17 year old young man. My belief is that he could handle FF pressure with no problem at all. Lets hope it is for us.

ChicagoCrazy84
11-13-2009, 02:04 PM
That makes sense because the Des Moines register was saying 3:10, and I figured they meant local time because they didn't specify.

OK, 2 more hours!!

ChicagoCrazy84
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it ON FAITH, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

Even Better:

Oh don't let it kill you baby, don't let it get to you
Don't let it kill you baby, don't let it get to you
I'll be your bleedin' heart, I'll be your cryin' fool
Don't let this go too far
Don't let it get to you

jipops
11-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Duke Blue Planet is currently undergoing maintenance. hmmmm....

NYDukie
11-13-2009, 02:10 PM
what do you think the spin would be if he was to choose or UCLA? :confused:

That said, again glass half full, let's go DUKE!!!

CameronBlue
11-13-2009, 02:12 PM
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,

the power and the glory,

for ever and ever.

Go Duke!!!

Amen

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna,
Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare,
Hare Rama, Hare Rama,
Rama Rama, Hare Hare

CameronBlue
11-13-2009, 02:13 PM
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,

the power and the glory,

for ever and ever.

Go Duke!!!

Amen

If it says Libby's Libby's Libby's
on the label label label
You will like it like it like it
On your table table table.

allenmurray
11-13-2009, 02:16 PM
If it says Libby's Libby's Libby's
on the label label label
You will like it like it like it
On your table table table.

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Please won't you be my neighbor?

By Fred M. Rogers

CameronBlue
11-13-2009, 02:18 PM
It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Please won't you be my neighbor?

By Fred M. Rogers

LOL, you do want him to come here right?

Exiled_Devil
11-13-2009, 02:19 PM

I doubt that means anything. It probably is more related to the other big thing today - the season starting.

Bluedog
11-13-2009, 02:21 PM

According to twitter...http://twitter.com/dukeblueplanet

"DukeBluePlanet.com will be down for awhile... Launching a new look soon!"

flyingdutchdevil
11-13-2009, 02:24 PM
"....featuring Harrison Barnes on the front page!"

Dukefan03
11-13-2009, 02:25 PM
This Marty Tirrell guy is reporting that Roy is going on ESPN at 6 and that he is giddy. How is this the only guy with the news?

http://twitter.com/martytirrell

UrinalCake
11-13-2009, 02:29 PM
This Marty Tirrell guy is reporting that Roy is going on ESPN at 6 and that he is giddy. How is this the only guy with the news?

http://twitter.com/martytirrell

Yeah, and who are the other "great ones" from Iowa? I think this guy is full of it.

NYDukie
11-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Checking the vibe over at ISU and is it me or did the cyclonefanatic site just crash because I can't get into it??:confused:

msdukie
11-13-2009, 02:30 PM
"....featuring Harrison Barnes on the front page!"

No, Blue Planet has said for weeks it was relaunching when the season started. Besides, putting Harrison on the front page would be an NCAA violation unless he signed his LOI and had it back to Duke immediately when giving his press conference.

miramar
11-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Wow.

Im speechless.

They somehow have come across his family pictures as a child.

I thought that spaceship from Krypton landed in Kansas, not Idaho.

miramar
11-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I thought that spaceship from Krypton landed in Kansas, not Idaho.

I meant Iowa.

cbnaylor
11-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Saw this that Roy Williams will be on ESPN Radio at 6… Spin spin….
Roy Williams giddy, plucks another great one from Iowa! Williams on ESPN Radio at 6 eastern

Battierfan01
11-13-2009, 02:38 PM
So do you think that Harrison has contacted the coaches yet??

keithg
11-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah, and who are the other "great ones" from Iowa? I think this guy is full of it.

Raef Lafrentz, Kirk Hinrich...probably two of his 10 best recruits have come out of Iowa.

JasonEvans
11-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Are we really supposed to believe that Barnes has not told the coaches or anyone but he has told "The Mouth of the Midwest"?!?!?

This dude is guessing, nothing more than that.

-Jason "we plowed through 100 pages like it was not even there" Evans

MulletMan
11-13-2009, 02:46 PM
From the guy who is spending the day with Barnes:

Unlike most recruitments, Barnes has kept things close to the vest. A very methodical and smart kid, who nearly has a 4.0 GPA, he has been careful and tactful in his approach to the recruiting process.

As we approach announcement time, only three people know Barnes’ destination – Shirley, his sister Jordan-Ashley and himself. Many have guessed and many are curious, but no one knows. Telep calls his recruitment one of the “all-time greats.”

“Harrison could very well have entered the World Series of Poker and made the final table,” Telep said. “Anyone who claims they know, is doing one thing – proving they have bad sources. This one was straight lockdown mode.”

Free here (http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/919117.html)

Methinks everyone should chill for another few hours. And maybe not have everyone try to log into DBR at 4:11 EST... ;)

allenmurray
11-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Are we really supposed to believe that Barnes has not told the coaches or anyone but he has told "The Mouth of the Midwest"?!?!?

This dude is guessing, nothing more than that.

-Jason "we plowed through 100 pages like it was not even there" Evans

Barnes has handled this with class. I do not believe for a minute that he leaked it to the "mouth". What I could find plausible (though doubtful) is that if Barnes chose unc, and told Roy, that Roy would have leaked it. I have more faith in Barnes' character than in Roy's.

-jk
11-13-2009, 02:51 PM

Methinks everyone should chill for another few hours. And maybe not have everyone try to log into DBR at 4:11 EST... ;)

And we're only at 3/4 our all-time peak usage!

-jk

BlueintheFace
11-13-2009, 02:56 PM
DBR going to slow to 56kbps speed in about a half hour

Battierfan01
11-13-2009, 02:57 PM
The sun is starting to come out here in North Carolina after 3 days of rain. I hope is getting ready to shine bright on Duke University!! :)

Battierfan01
11-13-2009, 02:58 PM

I think that its already starting to slow to that speed.

bigj4194
11-13-2009, 02:58 PM

that fast? ;)

77devil
11-13-2009, 02:59 PM
My internet is running slow even outside of DBR. HB watching must be clogging the entire internet. ;)

superdave
11-13-2009, 03:01 PM
I dont think the NCAA allows coaches to speak about high school recruits to the media. So Roy wont be discussing Barnes tonight no matter what.

HCheek37
11-13-2009, 03:05 PM
cyclone fanatic is reporting that Harrison will not wear a hat and instead choose from the 6 letters in front of him. There is a pretty good live thread at cyclonefanatic and an interesting story that HB's mom picked up cupcakes today and the baker asked what color frosting she wanted and she just smiled.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs022.snc3/10943_202571856801_572356801_4007532_1149794_n.jpg

bigj4194
I dont think the NCAA allows coaches to speak about high school recruits to the media. So Roy wont be discussing Barnes tonight no matter what.

they can talk after the LOI is signed....but not before. I would imagine HB isn't signing his LOI at the conference though...so i agree Roy won't be talking about barnes

VaDukie
Only one hour away. My mood changes every 5 minutes. This feels like an election but only 3 people have the exit polls and they aren't sharing anything.

duketaylor
11-13-2009, 03:06 PM
It's my understanding that none of the coaches would be notified until just before the news conference. The Duke coaches are confident.

HCheek37
11-13-2009, 03:07 PM
It's my understanding that none of the coaches would be notified until just before the news conference. The Duke coaches are confident.

where'd you get this info from?:cool:

RelativeWays
11-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Honestly I wish HB wherever he goes if he doesn't choose Duke. Honestly he'll be a credit to UNC in terms of character (our players are naturally awesome anyway). I will say that if HB does pick the sheep, that entitles all area Duke fans to jump him four horsemen style and rough him up a bit. We can do a run in if he's at the Target near Southpoint, leave a Duke shirt on him when we run off leaving Harrison to rub his head and wonder what the heck just happened. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!:eek:

I'm totally kidding BTW

-jk
11-13-2009, 03:08 PM
We just got a bit more server capacity. Should be a bit better.

-jk

MulletMan
11-13-2009, 03:09 PM
where'd you get this info from?:cool:

Probably from his ears.

acdevil
11-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I have nothing to add but wanted to be able to tell my grandkids one day that I posted on the Harrison Barnes thread.

My life is now complete.

bigj4194
http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends?q=harrison+barnes&date=2009-11-13&sa=X

Harrison Barnes...ON FIREEEEE! #6 trend on google!

Wildling
We just got a bit more server capacity. Should be a bit better.

-jk

much better! thank you :)

Battierfan01
11-13-2009, 03:12 PM
I can't believe that we are only an hour away. THANK GOD!!

Gewebe14
11-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Important question::::

Who the heck is Tony Alamo and why is he number one instead of HB? He is probably the fourth person who knows the secret.

whereinthehellami
11-13-2009, 03:14 PM
My boss is a UNC fan. This is going to be doubly tough. Nothing worse than hearing the boss gloat and of course you never want to taunt the boss (too much anyways).

HCheek37
11-13-2009, 03:17 PM
just heard the school bells for what I assume is the end of the day for Ames High kids...this is crazy.

Assuming HB had class at the end of the day, what could be running through his mind during that class when the teacher is talking about the day's lesson?

He probably has no clue hes being followed by thousands upon thousands of people online and that he is now a top 6 google search or maybe he does. If only he knew all the rumors that have been tossed about

MChambers
11-13-2009, 03:20 PM
My boss is a UNC fan. This is going to be doubly tough. Nothing worse than hearing the boss gloat and of course you never want to taunt the boss (too much anyways).

Just smile and don't say a word.

moonpie23
i will be taking my son to the game tonight.....sure would be nice to be in a GREAT mood on the drive over there !!!1

Come on Harrison, make it DARK BLUE.... !!1

Jackson
I keep looking at this thread hoping that someone knows something that I don't know (especially if it is good news). Now I am stuck with the realization that we all are going to have to wait another 50 minutes to find out.....

DBFAN
11-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I know this is a little off topic, but did anyone else notice that ol Roy bagged two guards today?

Also I was watching ESPNU and they said Duke's recruiting class for next year was ranked 17th. Of course if we get Barnes that will change, but that seems awfully low, anyone else have some input on that?

MChambers
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends?q=harrison+barnes&date=2009-11-13&sa=X

Harrison Barnes...ON FIREEEEE! #6 trend on google!

Google trends says he peaked three hours ago. And at such a young age . . .

Battierfan01
I keep looking at this thread hoping that someone knows something that I don't know (especially if it is good news). Now I am stuck with the realization that we all are going to have to wait another 50 minutes to find out.....

I know I keep hitting the refresh button every 5 seconds hoping that someone has some kind of breaking news. I guess we will continue to wait.

nyr484
This Marty Tirrell guy has officially ruined the next hour for me. It's not that I believe him 100%, but this is starting to remind me of the John Wall recruitment when bad news started coming out.

CEF1959
11-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Barnes has handled this with class. I do not believe for a minute that he leaked it to the "mouth". What I could find plausible (though doubtful) is that if Barnes chose unc, and told Roy, that Roy would have leaked it. I have more faith in Barnes' character than in Roy's.

If you are a mouth trying to make a name, you might pick the #2 most likely scenario, tell people it's your scoop, even if you have zero info, and stand back. If you are right, you can brag about your prescience. If not, you're no worse off than before and can gab about your sources and how lots of people were wrong.

It's like the local "psychic" picking an underdog to win the Superbowl. If you are right, you are a genius; if not, who cares? So pick the underdog and get famous.

I'm starting to hate tea, especially when made with leaves. What time is it?

striker219
Thank you for doing what you just did, whoever just did what they did, you know who you are.

yancem
I know this is a little off topic, but did anyone else notice that ol Roy bagged two guards today?

Also I was watching ESPNU and they said Duke's recruiting class for next year was ranked 17th. Of course if we get Barnes that will change, but that seems awfully low, anyone else have some input on that?

The 2 guards UNC "bagged today" are Reggie Bullock and Kendall Marshall who signed LOI's today. They both committed a long time ago. Nothing new here!

Mike Corey
11-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Marty Tirrell also called Barnes to Duke but a few days ago.

nyr484
what happened to that post from Huh? Was that considered "rumor-mongering"?

77devil

ESPNU is stupid. Online they have us with two commits not 3 and not including KI.

CLT Devil
My brother's wedding rehearsal starts in 45 mins...sorry big bro, but I'll be checking the phone during your big day.

Tucknut
11-13-2009, 03:35 PM
My stomach is starting to hurt a little. Im not sure if its what I ate for lunch or not. Im getting very very nervous.

Nah, it's just the prophesized 2012 magnetic pole shift occurring a little earlier than predicted.

I predict a reposition over Durham, NC.

HCheek37
11-13-2009, 03:39 PM
still surprised no leaks yet....perhaps harrison is calling the coaches soon ?

Channing
ESPNU is stupid. Online they have us with two commits not 3 and not including KI.

perhaps only 2 have submitted their official LOIs

Ibleedblue87
My stomach has been in knots too lately, but one thing that calms it (evn if it is just a little) is the fact that Duke is still gonna be darn good next year, Even if Barnes doesn't commit to Duke, but of course we would be even better if he did.

TigerDevil
11-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I had a nightmare last night that I logged on to DBR, saw that Barnes had gone to the Heels, and that the little sad bear in the corner under the rain cloud was on the front page. God was I relieved/scared when I woke up to find it just a dream.

Just a dream...

Dukefan03
11-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Goodman now predicting Barnes to UNC on twitter. That donkey Mouth in Iowa says that Bilas has confirmed that Devils lost out-I don't believe him for a second however.

dukemsu
11-13-2009, 03:42 PM
And none of them favor us.

Battierfan01
11-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Goodman now predicting Barnes to UNC on twitter. That donkey Mouth in Iowa says that Bilas has confirmed that Devils lost out-I don't believe him for a second however.

OH GOD!! My stomach is starting to hurt again. :(

K-Duke
11-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I think we might have to start admitting that this Marty guy actually knows what he's talking about.... ugh

Dukefan03
11-13-2009, 03:45 PM
And none of them favor us.

Anything solid/link-able?

dukemsu
11-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Anything solid/link-able?

Goodman on Twitter. He's usually fairly plugged in.

Ohiobobcat204
11-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Talk about John Wall deja vu, im getting less and less confident

Dukefan03
11-13-2009, 03:49 PM
It's clear something has got out at this point. Dave Glenn now predicting UNC again. This is bad.

Bluedog
11-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Goodman on Twitter. He's usually fairly plugged in.

Goodman never said he had sources or anything. He just said UNC is his gut. That is completely different:

"I have changed my "gut" feel on Harrison Barnes' destination - and am now going with North Carolina."

77devil
perhaps only 2 have submitted their official LOIs

No, this is not affecting the rankings and if you had done some homework you would know this. The rankings have been posted for some time based upon verbal commitments. Today is the first day to sign.

Battierfan01
Talk about John Wall deja vu, im getting less and less confident

Me too. Man I hope these guys are all wrong. :(

msdukie
11-13-2009, 03:52 PM
No, this is not affecting the rankings and if you had done some homework you would know this. The rankings have been posted for some time based upon verbal commitments. Today is the first day to sign.

Actually, Wednesday was the first day to sign.

dukemsu
11-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Something's up. Too many sources all within a few minutes. Something must have been leaked on-site and everyone's on the phone.

duke4ever19
11-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Yep he says I have changed my "gut" feel on Harrison Barnes' destination - and am now going with North Carolina.
Ugh does that mean he really knows but won't say until he has a better source?

HCheek37
ugh please one time dealer

Ohiobobcat204
Anywhere but UNC....anywhere but UNC

HCheek37
11-13-2009, 03:55 PM
hes got duke to his left and unc to his right on the podium they are the 2 central logos

ChicagoCrazy84
$%@%(*&^!!!!! Paging Roscoe Smith!

Wildling
My stomach is starting to hurt..........

JasonEvans
11-13-2009, 03:56 PM
If he picks Carolina I am just gonna deleted this thread.

Everybody cool with that?

--Jason " ;) " Evans

NYDukie
11-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Relax fellas!!!

CEF1959
11-13-2009, 03:58 PM

--Jason " ;) " Evans

Yup.

Dang, he's got cheerleaders there. Hokey smoke. Is this a NASA launch?

Duke4life92
11-13-2009, 03:59 PM

Most definately!! :mad:

Cavlaw
11-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Well, here we go...

darkblue2769
11-13-2009, 04:04 PM
A crowd has gathered in the common room in my dorm, and we've hooked up the live feed to the TV. I'm pretty sure nobody will be breathing for the next several minutes. This is insane....

HaveFunExpectToWin
11-13-2009, 04:15 PM
best tweet re: Barnes that I've read...

"Harrison Barnes has a suit on. That means ISU or Duke. If UNC he'd have sweatpants on. :)"

DukeUsul
11-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Boo :(

JasonEvans
11-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Now we know why it leaked. He had to set up the Skype call with Roy.

--Jason "thread being deleted in 5...4...3...2..." Evans

DukieInKansas
11-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Poor color choice but best of luck, Harrison Barnes.

obsesseddukefan
11-13-2009, 04:23 PM
and hit the DELETE button. Best of luck Mr. Barnes. We are in for a treat in the upcoming rivalry games.