PDA

View Full Version : Cutcliffe: "We're here to win championships"

Gunnar Kaufman
07-11-2008, 08:17 AM
In a new interview with ESPN's excellent Heather Dinich, David Cutcliffe lays it all out there (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/acc/0-1-29/Q-amp-A-with-Duke-coach-David-Cutcliffe.html):

We want people to understand we're here to win championships. People are going to laugh. I hope they do. It just adds fuel to the fire.

OldPhiKap
07-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Get 'R done, Coach!!!!!

No BS, from a no-BS guy.

OZZIE4DUKE
07-11-2008, 09:25 AM
In a new interview with ESPN's excellent Heather Dinich, David Cutcliffe lays it all out there (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/acc/0-1-29/Q-amp-A-with-Duke-coach-David-Cutcliffe.html):

We want people to understand we're here to win championships. People are going to laugh. I hope they do. It just adds fuel to the fire.

I love this guy. His expectations I'm sure exceed everyone's but maybe mine.

Bowl eligible, baby. Get on board NOW while there are still good seats available!

Indoor66
07-11-2008, 10:05 AM

Thanks for the site. Heather is the best at ESPN and the Coach is a real class act. I am excited about Duke Football. It will be fun to win again!

killerleft
07-11-2008, 10:35 AM
I am so ready! What I am looking forward to is how he'll channel all this enthusiasm without having the players so hyped-up that they can hardly perform... and I'll bet he pulls it off, too!

DukePA
07-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Although this is my first full summer living at the beach, I'm looking forward to the Fall instead of dreading it because I have season tickets for Duke Football!!! There isn't much else that will get me off the island during warm weather.

GO DUKE!!!!!

dukemomLA
07-12-2008, 03:35 AM
We (Duke fans all) have to know that this reversal of Duke football isn't going to happen in a nanosecond. But to feel hope and excitement is a wonderful thing. Let's continue to support Coach Cut, the needed work on the stadium and the team.

1Devil
07-12-2008, 11:06 AM
We (Duke fans all) have to know that this reversal of Duke football isn't going to happen in a nanosecond. But to feel hope and excitement is a wonderful thing.

True. But you know what? I think it's possible to go from awful to mediocre with the personnel we have. And I think Cutcliffe can make that difference. Mediocre should sound pretty great to Duke football fans. Getting beyond mediocre to good? Well, that can't happen overnight.

Gunnar Kaufman
07-12-2008, 11:19 AM
True. But you know what? I think it's possible to go from awful to mediocre with the personnel we have. And I think Cutcliffe can make that difference.

Precisely. He did not inherit an empty cupboard. There's as much talent on the defensive line, and as much talent in the backfield, as Duke's had in a long time. And it's returning talent that's been through two or three seasons of ACC play together.

Channeling it and conditioning it into a team that can win close football games is Cutcliffe's job.

If he believes Duke can do it--and he does--then I believe Duke can do it.