PDA

View Full Version : Survivor, Anyone?

JasonEvans
03-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Does anyone have anything to say about this season?

I really like the game Early is playing and think that once we get to a merge, he will form the dominant coalition with Mookie (or maybe Boo), Cassandra, Dreamz, Stacy, and Yau-man. I doubt Dreamz has forgotten the way his old tribemates treated him and Cassandra. He will be easy to bring over to their side once the merge happens (I am betting it is in the next 2 weeks).

Considering she has barely been on the show, Lisi is one of the most annoying Survivors of all time.

Also, I think we got a dramatically edited version of tribal council last night. Jeff seemed to really be jumping on Anthony for being a wimp and it felt a little abrupt but I bet we did not get to see a lengthy series of exchanges where Anthony was nothing but wishy-washy and Jeff finally got fed up with his low self-esteem.

I am not sure there has been a character in a long time who went from "likeable" to "total jerk" as fast as Rocky has lately. Whew-- I cannot wait for them to get rid of him. I hope it happens soon.

--Jason "more soon!" Evans

Blue Shark
03-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Jason-

Always glad to see your ideas on things. I agree with almost everything you said, but someone I wouldn't count out as a dark horse is Michelle. I think she's got the "Amber, quiet, flying under the radar thing going," she's helped her team out significantly at challenges (doing the little things, but doing them well), and people seem to like her (did you notice how early she was chosen last night--not just first woman, but I believe she was chosen with men still available).

Interesting to see where it'll go. I wasn't that surprised that Burnett came up with a "wriggly" challenge last night after the new tribes were picked given the strength disparity. I wouldn't be surprised to see another mental challenge in the next one or two to try & keep things relatively even.

mr. synellinden
03-22-2007, 08:49 PM
I think the first several weeks of this season were tough because we spent so much time with the losing tribe - Ravu. You learn a lot about tribe dynamics when they go to tribal council and we didn't get to see Moto until they made the very questionable decision to lose one of their own to keep their luxurious digs.

So far I am not finding myself really rooting for anyone but it usually takes until around this point to develop some opinions and favorites. Actually I find more of them extremely unlikable than likable. Rocky is the worst kind of opinionated, abrasive and obnoxious loudmouths because he tries to couch it in some sort of social superiority. Lisi could be the one of the most abrasive (as she acknowledges) and unlikable Survivors ever and we haven't seen much of her yet. -- Question, was her "I just want to go home ... Oh great, I get to go to Exile Island" outburst a more stupid move than Candace's decision to step forward last season? Stacy has been shown to be a complete I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. with her attitude towards Dreamz and his inexperience making coffee. Mookie offends me with his ****iness and general attitude.

On the other hand, I can see Earl and Yau Man and their unlikely camaraderie growing on me. I think Edgardo and Alex are strong enough physically and socially to go a long way. And my favorite so far is Michelle - I agree with you Blue Shark - and I think Jason meant Michelle when he said Stacy as part of Earl's alliance. Don't forget, she also started fire for Ravu.

Yes, it is way too early to be making predictions but I think that the merge will occur this season with 9 left -- I think it will be Earl, Yau Man, Michelle, Stacy and Cassandra for Moto (they will not keep Boo around because they know he will flip back to his Edgardo/Alex alliance if they do) and Alex, Edgardo, Mookie and Dreamz for Ravu. I don't think Mookie will get back with Earl, Yau Man and Michelle. Even if Ravu ends up with 5 at the merge - adding Rocky or Lisi, Dreamz will flip to the Moto 4 of Earl, Yau Man, Michelle and Cassandra. Either way, I see a final three of Earl, Yau Man and Michelle - which I would like because it would be such a unique group of 3.

JasonEvans
03-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Lisi could be the one of the most abrasive (as she acknowledges) and unlikable Survivors ever and we haven't seen much of her yet. -- Question, was her "I just want to go home ... Oh great, I get to go to Exile Island" outburst a more stupid move than Candace's decision to step forward last season?

my favorite so far is Michelle - I agree with you Blue Shark - and I think Jason meant Michelle when he said Stacy as part of Earl's alliance. Don't forget, she also started fire for Ravu.

Totally my bad. Of course I meant Michelle would be solid with Earl and company. She has been with him all along and I bet he an Yao Man like her a lot. She seems like a good worker too.

I don't think Lisi's comment was nearly as dumb as Candace stepping forward and revealing her secret alliance with the other "white folks" just a few days before making it so they would have been guaranteed of making the finals. Lisi is an overconfident rhymes-with-witch but she was just frustrated when she blurted that out. I hope she is gone soon though.

-Jason "what do folks think of the hidden idols being burried in the camp? I don't like that twist" Evans

Blue Shark
03-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Agree totally that the idols buried in camp is a downer. While I understand Burnett wanting to change them from what they have been (i.e. a power tool obtained in the first weeks of the game & lorded over everyone from then on), I think they went a little too far by (a) having 2 idols, (b) changing their use (played before votes are read, *and* (c) burying them in camp. A couple of these would have been enough, but all 3 seems to have taken them out of the game, and they certainly made it more interesting.

mr. synellinden
03-23-2007, 10:59 AM
... the idols being buried in each camp. It creates an additional element of strategy as we've seen with Earl and Yau Man having to collaborate to give Yau Man time to dig without being seen. Can you imagine if Rocky had seen Yau Man digging away for the idol, realized what he was doing and then started going after it himself? You would have had the whole tribe digging away like gold miners. Maybe that would be a bad scenario - but at least it forces the extra element of strategy in actually searching for it. Similarly, as more people go to exile island and know where it is, you have the "I know that you know that I know that you know ... where it is" element which would make it even harder for one person to dig alone.

I do not like the change in rule requiring you to play the idol before the vote. I am not sure why they changed that - maybe they wanted to make the idol less powerful since it pretty much has been a guaranteed ticket to the final 4. Although, if Jonanthan hadn't flipped last season, Yul probably would not have made the final 4.