PDA

View Full Version : Poll

UVaAmbassador
07-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Sorry if I'm an idiot. How do I start a poll, I can't find such an option.

mph
07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Sorry if I'm an idiot. How do I start a poll, I can't find such an option.

Click "start a new thread."

Under "additional options" there's an option for "post a poll."

It should be intuitive from that point.

UVaAmbassador
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Click "start a new thread."

Under "additional options" there's an option for "post a poll."

It should be intuitive from that point.

Where is the "additional options" spot?

mph
07-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Where is the "additional options" spot?

In a box immediately under the "Submit New Thread" and "Preview Post" buttons.

I should have added that after you check the "yes, post a poll" button and select your options, you will need to click "submit new thread" before you're taken to a screen to actually create the poll.

You also have a limited amount of time to create the poll after you submit the thread so work fast.

CameronBornAndBred
07-09-2008, 11:34 PM
First, you should decide if you actually want to host a poll. They can get ugly. To enhance your decision, ask 16 people their opinion of your opinion. Always ask couples, you only have to turn on the camera 8 times. Ask the first (male or female) their opinion of your opinion. Then hide #1 and ask #2 the same question. If they both answer the same way, tell them thanks and give them some candy. If they answer differently, offer one of them candy and the other alchohol, and tell them both "you win". Invite on stage the remaining couples, and tell the drunk one that the other said they were full of it. Sit back, enjoy the rest of your poll, and wonder how you ended up where you wish you started.

billybreen
07-10-2008, 12:00 AM
I eagerly await the poll you are creating. I assume it's this:

billybreen. Great poster or the greatest poster?

o Great
o The greatest

Please be sure to omit the 'other' entry.

2535Miles
07-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Okay UVaAmbassador, as of this posting, you still have not posted your poll. The tension is killing me. Must. See. Poll. :D

mph
07-10-2008, 01:28 AM
After UVaA posts his poll we'll have to put up a poll to judge whether or not it lived up to the hype. No pressure though. ;)

2535Miles
07-10-2008, 01:35 AM
After UVaA posts his poll we'll have to put up a poll to judge whether or not it lived up to the hype. No pressure though. ;)
HAAAAAHAHAHA, that's great.

DevilAlumna
07-10-2008, 02:29 AM
should we have a poll for how many boards you checked, to see whether or not he posted a poll there?

2535Miles
07-10-2008, 02:42 AM
should we have a poll for how many boards you checked, to see whether or not he posted a poll there?
You just made me check the other boards to look for a poll. I'm not sharing my answer because I'm wagering you already checked too. :p