PDA

View Full Version : Pine Crest, Ft. Lauderdale

OZZIE4DUKE
07-09-2008, 07:50 PM
From the article linked by the DBR:

Brandon Knight, a 6-foot-3, 178-pound rising junior from Pine Crest School of Fort Lauderdale

I am a 1972 graduate of Pine Crest! Each year, typically 1 to 4 PC graduates matriculate to Duke. Here's hoping that Brandon Knight is one of them!

Hey hey, PC, you look so good to me! I'm sure some other PC alums read the DBR. Let's hear from you!

Indoor66
07-09-2008, 10:15 PM
From the article linked by the DBR:

I am a 1972 graduate of Pine Crest! Each year, typically 1 to 4 PC graduates matriculate to Duke. Here's hoping that Brandon Knight is one of them!

Hey hey, PC, you look so good to me! I'm sure some other PC alums read the DBR. Let's hear from you!

I'm not an alum, but my parents had a unit at Georgian Ct at 62nd & 18th for several years in the 60's. I still go by the campus, regularly, on 62nd and 18th and Dixie. A very attractive campus.

OZZIE4DUKE
07-09-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm not an alum, but my parents had a unit at Georgian Ct at 62nd & 18th for several years in the 60's. I still go by the campus, regularly, on 62nd and 18th and Dixie. A very attractive campus.

I had to laugh when you say Dixie (Highway) as a border road. When I went there, the campus ended with the girls' dorm - the baseball field at the west end, to say nothing about the soccer field built on the west side of the canal, weren't built. Dixie was a long way from the campus, but today, it is the western boundary.

www.pinecrest.edu

I go by the campus every time I'm in town, just to see what they've built new. Sometimes I stop in the office and introduce myself, but no one I knew that worked there hasn't retired (or died), so there isn't much point anymore. I did walk around campus a couple of years ago with a classmate. Boy, did that bring back memories.

Another side note: Bill McMillan, former headmaster and son of founder Mae McMillan, is a Duke graduate.