PDA

View Full Version : Can someone befriend me?

blublood
07-09-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm not quite sure how the friending works here at DBR, but I find it distressing to have no friends. Do you all have to actually agree to be my friends or can I just gratuitously add anyone who's ever been on the OTB?

2535Miles
07-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm not quite sure how the friending works here at DBR, but I find it distressing to have no friends. Do you all have to actually agree to be my friends or can I just gratuitously add anyone who's ever been on the OTB?
I just sent you a request. You do have to agree to be my friend. I am prepared for rejection. :)

TillyGalore
07-09-2008, 05:20 PM
I just sent you a request. You do have to agree to be my friend. I am prepared for rejection. :)

Me too, me too. I mean, I too sent you a request.

I don't put a whole lot of weight into the whole friend thing, in the way described above, not in off-line life. What is the wonderful feature available to us by having friends?

OldPhiKap
07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
I cannot call you a friend until I know your breakfast eating habits and, if applicable, how many times a week you shave your legs.

Sorry, that's the way I roll.

Indoor66
07-09-2008, 05:24 PM
I cannot call you a friend until I know your breakfast eating habits and, if applicable, how many times a week you shave your legs.

Sorry, that's the way I roll.

You are elitist. :D

DukieInKansas
07-09-2008, 05:39 PM

I'll befriend you if you will befriend me. It is apparently lonely here in Kansas - at least online. :)

OldPhiKap
07-09-2008, 05:45 PM
You are elitist. :D

According to billybreen I am an iconoclastic elitist. So I've got that going for me.

Which is nice.

EarlJam
07-09-2008, 05:53 PM

I will be your friend. But I'm not sure how to make that happen. Is there a button I push?

For as much posting as I do, I don't know much about this stuff.

-Earl B. Jam

2535Miles
07-09-2008, 06:32 PM
So I've got that going for me.

Which is nice.
One of my all-time favorite dialogues in a movie! Hey Lama! How about a little something for the effort?

billybreen
07-09-2008, 09:45 PM
According to billybreen I am an iconoclastic elitist.

I said you were an iconoclast and wrong, not elite. ;)

dukestheheat
07-09-2008, 10:06 PM

So I am an expensive friend to have; you can write me a check for $541 and we can get this going (that amount will cover a new Crazy Fly kiteboard). :)

So when I say I got your back, actually, I mean quid pro quo. ;)

you're in!

dth.

blublood
07-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Me too, me too. I mean, I too sent you a request.

I don't put a whole lot of weight into the whole friend thing, in the way described above, not in off-line life. What is the wonderful feature available to us by having friends?

Technically speaking, I'm pretty sure nothing, but it at least gets rid of the page that comes up if you look at your profile which says (in my case) "blublood has 0 friends" thus bringing back horrible, painful memories of elementary school, worthless little girls, and sitting by yourself at the lunch table..... I mean, you know. If that ever actually happened to anyone. And you still even remembered it 25 years later. Not that anyone would as a well-adjusted, mature, non-neurotic adult... :)

Anyway, I'm touched, y'all! O.k., this is going to take probably all day (especially because my son woke up at 4:30 AM and celebrated by crawling back and forth in his crib going, "Aaiy-yai-yai-yai-yai-yah! Ba-ba-ba-ba!" for 2 freaking hours!!), but I'll friend and befriend this morning.

Lavabe
07-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Anyway, I'm touched, y'all! O.k., this is going to take probably all day (especially because my son woke up at 4:30 AM and celebrated by crawling back and forth in his crib going, "Aaiy-yai-yai-yai-yai-yah! Ba-ba-ba-ba!" for 2 freaking hours!!), but I'll friend and befriend this morning.

Sounds like your son has the right stuff to be a Crazie. I hope this Aaiy Baba dude in 18 years will be a 7'2" center wearing the right shade of blue.:D

blublood
07-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Sounds like your son has the right stuff to be a Crazie. I hope this Aaiy Baba dude in 18 years will be a 7'2" center wearing the right shade of blue.:D

Doubtful, my friend - I'm 5'2. :) My husband is a normal height, but everyone else in his immediate family is miniature, so we're thinking he's not going to be going for a basketball scholarship. However - nothing to stop him from camping in the rain, sleet and cold for his (hopefully) alma mater!

OldPhiKap
07-10-2008, 11:53 AM
I said you were an iconoclast and wrong, not elite. ;)

So -- doesn't that prove I'm wrong?

OldPhiKap
07-10-2008, 11:54 AM
One of my all-time favorite dialogues in a movie! Hey Lama! How about a little something for the effort?

Big hitter, the Lama.

Unga Galunga.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
07-10-2008, 01:17 PM
I can't have any friends....

anytime anyone gets too close to me...

they die..

:eek:

Fish80
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
I can't have any friends....

anytime anyone gets too close to me...

they die..

:eek:

That doesn't sound good. Some type of contagious disease?

sue71, esq
07-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Since you asked. :)

DukieInKansas
07-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Thank you for being my friend! Not only do I have a friend, I get one with a cute baby picture. What a great smile on you little one's face. The sound of a baby's giggles always bring a smile to my heart. :)

blublood
07-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Thank you for being my friend! Not only do I have a friend, I get one with a cute baby picture. What a great smile on you little one's face. The sound of a baby's giggles always bring a smile to my heart. :)

Weeeeell.... since you brought it up... he's also on youtube. :) There was a very funny pig at the animal farm that cracked him up. (it wasn't more equal than the other pigs though, as far as I could tell.) The link is here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoqSpcABM_Y (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoqSpcABM_Y)

O.k., no more baby stories for the day, no more baby stories... must. Work. Some.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
07-10-2008, 03:36 PM
you must go to www.cuteoverload.com

CathyCA
07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Hey, I want some friends, too! Can you guys befriend me, also?

bjornolf
07-10-2008, 04:39 PM
oh, brother, this is worse than MYSPACE...now you people have me feeling lonely. Anyone want to by my friend?

colchar
07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Or mine?* I'm starting to think all of you are biased against me because I'm a Canuck/Brit.

*Actually, I don't really care all that much. I just wanted to join in on the thread.

billybreen
07-10-2008, 04:52 PM
*Actually, I don't really care all that much. I just wanted to join in on the thread.

It's that kind of attitude that leaves you friendless and lame. ;)

OldPhiKap
07-10-2008, 05:10 PM
oh, brother, this is worse than MYSPACE...now you people have me feeling lonely. Anyone want to by my friend?

You had me at "Bjorn"

bjornolf
07-10-2008, 05:58 PM
You had me at "Bjorn"

bjornolf is the name of a character in my book. When I started registering for sites back in the late '90s, it was the only name I could think of that ALWAYS seemed to be available. :rolleyes:

OldPhiKap
07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
bjornolf is the name of a character in my book. When I started registering for sites back in the late '90s, it was the only name I could think of that ALWAYS seemed to be available. :rolleyes:

Cool. What's the status of the book?

bjornolf
07-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Cool. What's the status of the book?

It's BASICALLY done. It's about 400 pages, depending on the font. Some books tell you to go 250 words per page, which gives me about 500+ pages. Others tell you to copy books in your genre, which gives me closer to 400, since most books in my genre have closer to 400 words per page.

I'm doing a final edit. The problem is that with three kids to chase after, I don't have much time to work on it. I have the edit done on my paper copy, but transferring it into the computer takes a lot of time and energy I don't often have. Working on it though. Then I'll be trying to find a publisher.

Anyway, I'm figuring it'll be ready when my second son starts school, which will be next year in the fall. If I only have one to chase after, I might be able to get something done.

CathyCA
07-11-2008, 06:40 AM

I have a Myspace page. Do you want to be my friend over there?

Really, I first went on Myspace to keep up with what my kid was doing. Then I started finding my own friends over there, and I'm on Myspace more than my son. I embarrass him.

bjornolf
07-11-2008, 07:01 AM
I have a Myspace page. Do you want to be my friend over there?

Really, I first went on Myspace to keep up with what my kid was doing. Then I started finding my own friends over there, and I'm on Myspace more than my son. I embarrass him.

I don't do myspace. It kind of creeps me out for some reason. I'll visit if a friend of mine tells me to check out their page or if a band or show I like has a page, but I'm not a member and I try to avoid being sucked into that. It reminds me a lot of the old geocities site with the whole friend thing added. That place started to creepy after a while too, so I stopped hanging out there.

OldPhiKap
07-11-2008, 09:09 AM
It's BASICALLY done. It's about 400 pages, depending on the font. Some books tell you to go 250 words per page, which gives me about 500+ pages. Others tell you to copy books in your genre, which gives me closer to 400, since most books in my genre have closer to 400 words per page.

I'm doing a final edit. The problem is that with three kids to chase after, I don't have much time to work on it. I have the edit done on my paper copy, but transferring it into the computer takes a lot of time and energy I don't often have. Working on it though. Then I'll be trying to find a publisher.

Anyway, I'm figuring it'll be ready when my second son starts school, which will be next year in the fall. If I only have one to chase after, I might be able to get something done.

Good luck, and keep us posted. OPK