PDA

View Full Version : Wojo on the USA Basketball Collegiate Committee

SilkyJ
07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Was reading the PR today about the USA basketball U18 team, of which Mason Plumlee is now officially a member, and at the bottom saw this bit about Wojo:

Athlete and coaching staff selections were made by the USA Basketball Men's Collegiate Committee, chaired by Syracuse University head coach Jim Boeheim. In addition to Boeheim, the Committee includes athlete representatives Steve Wojciechowski of Duke University and A.J. Wynder of Nassau Community College; NCAA appointees Fran Dunphy of Temple University, Tom Izzo of Michigan State University, Ernie Kent of the University of Oregon and Tubby Smith of the University of Minnesota; Bob Burchard of Columbia College (Mo.) from the NAIA; Scott Schumacher of North Dakota State College of Science from the NJCAA; and the NABC appointee is Bill Self of the University of Kansas.

http://www.usabasketball.com/news.php?news_page=08_mu18_team

good for wojo. I hope we keep him around for another 5-10 years, though it wouldn't surprise me to see him as a head coach somewhere soon...

gw67
07-08-2008, 04:10 PM
I believe that he has been on the player selection committee for most of the usabasketball travel teams for the past three years.

gw67