PDA

View Full Version : My Eye...

pamtar
07-06-2008, 01:14 PM
...will not stop twitching. :mad: My bottom-left eyelid has been going crazy for the last 4 or 5 days. Basically it feels like a muscle spasm. It comes and goes but it comes a lot more than it goes. I'm starting to worry. Should I go get checked out?

There's got to be a ophthalmologist in the house.

juise
07-06-2008, 02:18 PM
I had that a few years back and it turns out it was due to exhaustion. I had not been sleeping much and was very stressed about a relational situation. After things settled down, it gradually went away and has not returned. I'm not a doctor, so I can't diagnose your problem, but it sounds very familiar.

JStuart
07-06-2008, 02:29 PM
I tell patients that it is a sign of higher intelligence, as it happens to me also. I've never seen it lead to anything serious in 20+ years of practice, and I'd worry about 47 other things first.
SMc, MD (Ophth; & thanks for spelling it correctly!)
Durham

rsvman
07-06-2008, 03:56 PM
I agree that it is probably stress related; think about what might be bothering you and perhaps it will resolve. In the meantime, eat a banana and maybe drink a Gatorade or something. Get plenty of rest tonight.

YmoBeThere
07-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Could it be DBR Fantasy Baseball related?

pamtar
07-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks Everyone! Sounds like I need to get some sleep and stop working 65 hours per week.

JStuart: My Grandfather was an ophthalmologist - he'd turn over in his grave if I spelled it wrong!

Yamo: Good one. That thread will make an appearance on the top 20 before this night is over.:mad:;)

jimbonelson
07-06-2008, 05:56 PM
i had the eye twitching thing also a couple of years ago, went to the doctor and after some tests he said i had high blood pressure.

mph
07-06-2008, 07:18 PM
...will not stop twitching. :mad: My bottom-left eyelid has been going crazy for the last 4 or 5 days. Basically it feels like a muscle spasm. It comes and goes but it comes a lot more than it goes. I'm starting to worry. Should I go get checked out?

There's got to be a ophthalmologist in the house.

I had a similar case during a very high-stress period about 6 years ago. My doctor believed it to be stress-related and even though it reoccurred off and on for a couple of months, it resolved on its own. I know how frustrating this problem is and I hope it ends soon!

pamtar
07-10-2008, 09:08 PM
....stopped twitching overnight. No twitches today whatsoever. :D

Thank God.

CameronBornAndBred
07-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Vcool news, I've had that the same thing, but only for minutes at a time. Interesting thread, and thanks for the follow up. Were you stress free today?

pamtar
07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Were you stress free today?

I was awake so...no;)

Fish80
07-11-2008, 01:33 PM
In the original pink panther movies, didn't the chief inspector have an eye twitching problem much like the one you describe?

blublood
07-11-2008, 02:51 PM
I had to do a job interview once with my eye twitching. It was awful. I did not get the job, but I like to think it was for some other reason than that I looked freakish with my eyelid constantly moving.

bjornolf
07-12-2008, 07:43 AM
This reminds me of the old disney movie "the kid." This is kind of a paraphrase, but the last line is spot on.

Bruce Willis: I'm not mad.
Kid: Are you sure?
BW: Yeah. Why?
Kid: Cause you're kind of red, and your eye is twitching.