PDA

View Full Version : Articles on Zoubek and EWill

watzone
07-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Here is Bob Green on Zoubs and John Hayne on EWill.

http://bluedevilnation.wordpress.com/category/duke-basketball/

Uncle Drew
07-03-2008, 02:48 PM
I appreciate you posting the articles. One thing struck me when I was reading about how Duke needed Zoubek to rebound even more than score was shot blocking. I realize there is an art to blocking shots and certain players have a knack for it more than others. For example Shawn Bradley in college thouh paper thin was adept at blocking shots especially when helping out another player on defense. Is shot blocking something you just have as a skill or can it be taught? And if so what kind of drills would you run to teach it? Everyone loves to see dunks and three pointers, but a blocked shot can turn the tide of the game quickly and makes the other team think twice about taking the ball to the hole.

CameronBornAndBred
07-03-2008, 04:35 PM

Good articles, thanks. I'm really looking forward to watch Zoubek playing healthy this year. He can be a great asset, and it's always enjoyable to watch a player with a good attitude like Greg has.

DevilDan
07-03-2008, 06:06 PM
CB&B's got it right. It would be GREAT just to have Brian on the floor, going 100% (I'd settle for 90%). I don't think we need a lot of offensive output from him; if he can just give us some "D", some boards, and a stick-back a couple of times per game, then he's worth a lot this season.

And after all, if he can start putting together his game this year--he'll contribute still more in 2009-2010. Best of luck to BZ in his rehab.