Page 147 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3105
    well, if his brother and Henson both leave, then we have no one to play the 4 or 5. It may be a stretch to say that Tyler Zeller goes to the NBA next year, but Henson's upside maybe enough for him to get drafted early next year. Everyone knows that Knox is only in CH for a year, and HB could be the #1 pick next year if he decides to go. All of that leaves the already thin Heels in a bad position. There are two other 6'8" guys on the recruiting board right now, but they are not as highly ranked as Zeller nor do they appear to be ready for starters minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    well, if his brother and Henson both leave, then we have no one to play the 4 or 5. It may be a stretch to say that Tyler Zeller goes to the NBA next year, but Henson's upside maybe enough for him to get drafted early next year. Everyone knows that Knox is only in CH for a year, and HB could be the #1 pick next year if he decides to go. All of that leaves the already thin Heels in a bad position. There are two other 6'8" guys on the recruiting board right now, but they are not as highly ranked as Zeller nor do they appear to be ready for starters minutes.
    Cool answer. I can see that. I think you will have his older brother. You guys will have a rebuilding year again if Henson and HB leave, but I can see where the Zellers would at least give you a positional lineup that is closer to being big enough to compete with a physical team (given that they both start really bulking up now... that is a concern).

for the record, i believe Henson, HB, and Zeller comeback next year. I think UNC will make a huge run for a NC in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    Cool answer. I can see that. I think you will have his older brother. You guys will have a rebuilding year again if Henson and HB leave, but I can see where the Zellers would at least give you a positional lineup that is closer to being big enough to compete with a physical team (given that they both start really bulking up now... that is a concern).
    Cody is already in a good place physically. He's really advanced... He'll be ready to hit the floor when he gets on campus.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    for the record, i believe Henson, HB, and Zeller comeback next year. I think UNC will make a huge run for a NC in 2012.
    They will be awfully hungry after watching their neighbors go back to back.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    They will be awfully hungry after watching their neighbors go back to back.
    i hope it doesn't go like that, but if it does, we'll just do what we did in 93

and for the record, i will be here throughout, unless I am temporarily banned!

Alright, that is one option, but I am going with, at least, Henson leaving. HB says a lot, so you never know what is for real. I think we will be going for our third title in a row then (and Kyrie may start to love college life once Kyle and Nolan are gone, so that he can be king of the campus instead of the prince... he hasn't won a title yet is the only reason he isn't ready for "king" status), so we all have multiple options for what can happen in the future.

HB for two years?

In all the talk about how long HB and Henson might stay I don't ever hear anyone referencing the possible NBA lockout. Seems to me that that is a decent possibility that would make his decsion for him - and not in the way most Duke fans would like. Of course, that would mean that Kyrie would be around as well.

I agree with you 100%, if there is a lockout. Otherwise Henson and HB will both be gone, all the talk about HB staying around for 3 years, I think is nonsense. Money talks and if he is the #1 pick he will go and make his millions.

I don't think Henson leaves until he gains some weight. He has a tremendous upside but he would be bounced around by guards in the NBA.

You guys think its out of the relm of possiblity that the HB fiasco could actually help us in this situation. I know it's kinda silly to try and predict a teenager's thinking process but I'm wonder if Austin could be thinking along the lines of something like:

"Man, that's messed-up what Harrison did to Coach K. I can't do that to him."

BTW if that happens UNC wont have a scholly for Austin...

At this point in time, which is an important caveat, the chances of HB and/or Henson and/or Zeller leaving would seem to be very similar to the chances of Kyrie, and MP1&2.

HB/Kyrie: game-changing freshman that are projected top 5-10 picks next year.

MP2 and Henson: big time upside/athletic guys who people are expected to make big jumps

MP1/Zeller: Established presences who expect to anchor the post for their teams this year

I'd say there's a very solid chance one from each team is gone after this year. But of course, a lot remains to be seen as I think everyone is expecting significant jumps from the MPs as well as Henson and Zeller, and of course HB and Kyrie have yet to play a college game.

(and of course, all this ignores a potential lockout)

Everyone's saying "if there's a lockout," but by the date underclassmen must declare for the draft, the odds are heavily in favor of nobody will know, because the declaration date will be in April and the contract probably won't be wrapped up (if it is) until June.

If it's up in the air, which it almost certainly will be, how will potential early entrants react? It could be almost everyone who's in good academic standing will return.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    BTW if that happens UNC wont have a scholly for Austin...
    By my count UNC has 11 scholarship players right know and Graves and Knox will graduate and Hairston and McAdoo are the only recruits, so UNC has 2 scholarships available if everyone returns. I may be missing something however.

Recruit Chat ESPN

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...-reggie-rankin

Very last question he gives his opinion on where he thinks rivers is going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...-reggie-rankin

Very last question he gives his opinion on where he thinks rivers is going to go.
    The way he says it; it sounds like he thinks Duke has a great shot at AR, and Quincy and a good shot at Cook. From what ive seen on the premium sites though they say Duke has lost a little interest in Quincy and are heavy on AR and Cook. And in general i thought Cook was a Duke lean anyway. Anyone else heard anything about QM cause we havnt discussed him much in the thread (at least compared to Cook and AR).

Though on the surface this has nothing to do with AR recruitment, it really does. If Cody goes elsewhere to Indiana or Butler before AR makes his decision, UNC is even thinner in front court than this year losing Knox and Graves for sure, and probably Barnes, possibly Henson and/or TZ.

"No one" is an overstatement though, UNC will have James McAdoo.

Yeah, but we are likely to have at least two starters from a national championship team coming back and most of the bench of one returning. In case anyone can't read between the lines here, I am saying we will get that title this year and pull even with the University of Not in Contention... Chapel Hill. Not to mention the possibility (no matter how unlikely) that he can either play with Kyrie or be the man to play in Nolan's spot. He can't take his place no matter how well he plays because nobody is quite the mouthpiece that Nolan is. Both are genuinely likeable, but Nolan has that boisterous and "interesting" way about him. Plus, he can sing... not well, but he can do it!

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    Yeah, but we are likely to have at least two starters from a national championship team coming back and most of the bench of one returning. In case anyone can't read between the lines here, I am saying we will get that title this year and pull even with the University of Not in Contention... Chapel Hill. Not to mention the possibility (no matter how unlikely) that he can either play with Kyrie or be the man to play in Nolan's spot. He can't take his place no matter how well he plays because nobody is quite the mouthpiece that Nolan is. Both are genuinely likeable, but Nolan has that boisterous and "interesting" way about him. Plus, he can sing... not well, but he can do it!
    No way is Duke "likely" to win the championship this year. Is Duke the most likely team to win it all? Absolutely.