Page 10 of 179 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Yeah, things can and will change especially when you are UCONN these days. I would think an offer should come through for Mr. Drummond. I would love a frontcourt of Hairston, Kelly, QMiller , Adams, and Drummond

Drummond has contacted UNC in the last couple of days. Drummond was telling the UNC staff that he isn't comfortable at all with the UCONN situation right now, especially sense they fired Dummond's lead contact. That was a major, major blow to his recruitment at Connecticut. He gave indications that he is very interested in UNC if UCONN doesn't get their stuff together in the shortest of orders.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    Drummond has contacted UNC in the last couple of days. Drummond was telling the UNC staff that he isn't comfortable at all with the UCONN situation right now, especially sense they fired Dummond's lead contact. That was a major, major blow to his recruitment at Connecticut. He gave indications that he is very interested in UNC if UCONN doesn't get their stuff together in the shortest of orders.
    I'm fairly sure lowflight4 doesn't want you reposting the info he received from that text message yesterday on this board.
    ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    I will have to politely disagree with this statement. While Quincy did have a less than impressive weekend in Houston a few weeks ago, his performance this past weekend at the Nike EYBL has put most doubters to rest as he was the most NBA-ready prospect on the court all weekend. Also, rivals' recent 2011 recruiting ranks have Quincy at #2. His stock is definitely not falling.

As for Murphy, I really don't think a comparrison is necessary as they are in different classes and their decisions probably won't affect one another.
    I very much agree with both of these statements. Q's stock is going up everywhere you look and there is no need to compare he and Alex. They really have nothing to do with each other. Here is so more info on Alex, it's a quote from him regarding his unofficial visit to Duke after his team's tourney this last weekend:

"It went really well. The first hour and a half it was me, my mom, my dad, and my little brother sitting in coach [Mike] Krzyzewski's office with him, coach [Chris] Collins, and coach [Steve Wojciechowski], just sitting there talking," said Murphy. "We were sitting there and coach Krzyzewski said that at Duke they don't say you officially have a scholarship until your test scores and paperwork are in but that in 2012, Shabazz Muhammad (Las Vegas/Bishop Gorman) and I are the guys that he really wants and that I have an offer."

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I'm fairly sure lowflight4 doesn't want you reposting the info he received from that text message yesterday on this board.
    ;o)

ah, i see that i am not the only one lurking behind enemy lines

I know a lot of people...

I agree with you on taking Murphy, but where has Quincy's stock dropped? He recently moved up in the Scout.com rankings.
    why even bother responding to him? Dude clearly just makes stuff up and doesn't respond when called out.

Everyone realizes he has no credibility so let's just ignore it when he makes stuff up.

And by the way, how's NorrisJones' 91/9 percentages working out lately?

Here's the article BigPoppa's quote is from:

http://www.newenglandrecruitingrepor...ers-Murphy.php

Here's the article BigPoppa's quote is from:

http://www.newenglandrecruitingrepor...ers-Murphy.php
    It is virtually the same article, but I actually got it from Adam Finkelstein blog on espn.com. I'll post the address of the article, but it's an insider article so I suppose most won't be able to read it. I only posted the quote because that is public knowledge and not really insider information.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...all_recruiting

I expect a lot of different of schools will jump into this if this in fact is the case. Drummond seemed like he was a shoe in for sometime to UCONN, but with this recent rift raft in the program with sanctions most likely coming there, this is gonna really wide open with his recruiting.

Along with UNC, we are intrested and I would think he would be a kid that we really go after for 2012. The best big man in the class and has outstanding skills both offensively and defensively.

Seems like a kid whose recruiting will get intresting in the coming months and in the next couple years.

Wait, can somebody get this straight, did Drummond contact UNC like Austin supposedly did or did he actually contact them..? And if so, is there actual confirmation?

Wait, can somebody get this straight, did Drummond contact UNC like Austin supposedly did or did he actually contact them..? And if so, is there actual confirmation?
    That info is from one of the Top 2 or 3 insiders on IC Premium. He's rarely incorrect with his info, so yeah, I'd believe it. There has been rumblings from Drummond's camp that they are very unhappy with the situation at UCONn so it wouldn't surprise me as roy has shown interest in him lately.

Its doubtful that Duke gets involved. There seem to be quite a few hangers on with Drummond and we have other big man targets.

That info is from one of the Top 2 or 3 insiders on IC Premium. He's rarely incorrect with his info, so yeah, I'd believe it. There has been rumblings from Drummond's camp that they are very unhappy with the situation at UCONn so it wouldn't surprise me as roy has shown interest in him lately.

Its doubtful that Duke gets involved. There seem to be quite a few hangers on with Drummond and we have other big man targets.
    Thanks for the info.

As for are other big men targets in '12, can you give us some names?

Northstar Basketball blog on JP Tokoto-
    Favorites: “No, not right now. Everybody is just even.”
    Notes- On when he is expecting an offer from UNC, Tokoto said, “Not [going to] offer until June 15th. They already gave the date.” It has been said that Tokoto grew up rooting for the Tar Heels, and while he confirmed that is indeed true, he maintained it will not play a big part in his college decision, saying, “Not really. Everybody has a favorite team. I have equal interest in every team. In addition, Tokoto said that he wants to “make a decision by the end of next summer”.

Draw your own conclusions from this quote and the blog it came from. This guys seems to follow recruiting pretty close, he claimed he was at the tourney last weekend and spoke to a lot of the players.

Link:
    http://blog.northstarbball.com/
    (scroll to Bob Gibbons TOC- Day One Rundown article )

My thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    Northstar Basketball blog on JP Tokoto-
    Favorites: “No, not right now. Everybody is just even.”
    Notes- On when he is expecting an offer from UNC, Tokoto said, “Not [going to] offer until June 15th. They already gave the date.” It has been said that Tokoto grew up rooting for the Tar Heels, and while he confirmed that is indeed true, he maintained it will not play a big part in his college decision, saying, “Not really. Everybody has a favorite team. I have equal interest in every team. In addition, Tokoto said that he wants to “make a decision by the end of next summer”.

Draw your own conclusions from this quote and the blog it came from. This guys seems to follow recruiting pretty close, he claimed he was at the tourney last weekend and spoke to a lot of the players.

Link:
    http://blog.northstarbball.com/
    (scroll to Bob Gibbons TOC- Day One Rundown article )
    This could all be just talk from Tokoto and reality he's just waiting to get his offer from UNC before committing to the Heels; or this could mean that his visit to Duke went well and it persuaded him enough to give more consideration to Duke. Who knows....

But this does lead me to two questions that I'd love to get feedback about:

1) If the information is accurate, why are Heels waiting unti June 15th?

2) Has anyone heard how the meeting with Tokoto on Monday went? I've heard comments from Murphy; but I haven't heard anything about Tokoto's thoughts on his visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    1) If the information is accurate, why are Heels waiting unti June 15th?

2) Has anyone heard how the meeting with Tokoto on Monday went? I've heard comments from Murphy; but I haven't heard anything about Tokoto's thoughts on his visit.
    1) Roy doesn't offer kids until June 15th the year the Summer of their Sophomore Years. It's a gentleman's agreement that only he follows, even though he recruits kids hard as hell before then and tells them he will offer them on June 15th so it's a joke.

There are some rumblings that Tokoto won't receive the offer that was promised to him on the 15th as his performance of late has been fairly poor. We'll see.

1) Roy doesn't offer kids until June 15th the year the Summer of their Sophomore Years. It's a gentleman's agreement that only he follows, even though he recruits kids hard as hell before then and tells them he will offer them on June 15th so it's a joke.

There are some rumblings that Tokoto won't receive the offer that was promised to him on the 15th as his performance of late has been fairly poor. We'll see.
    Thanks Airowe...Does this mean Duke has cooled on Tokoto? Murphy mentioned in the article you cited that Coach K wanted him and Shabazz badly. Are those two are main priorities for the 2012 class?

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Are those two are main priorities for the 2012 class?
    Seems that way, doesn't it?

Shabazz for the 2 guard and Murphy for the SF/PF spot. Both of them being very versatile players who can fill in wherever.

Shabazz/Gbinije/Murphy all on the court together at the same time would be hard to guard. Put a solid PG on the floor with a serviceable big man and we''l be ready to run.

Shabazz for the 2 guard and Murphy for the SF/PF spot. Both of them being very versatile players who can fill in wherever.

Shabazz/Gbinije/Murphy all on the court together at the same time would be hard to guard. Put a solid PG on the floor with a serviceable big man and we''l be ready to run.
    wow. i just about had a heart attack! haha

Are we forgetting about wouldbe seniors Seth and Andre? Or are we assuming they will both be gone by then.

Are we forgetting about would be seniors Seth and Andre? Or are we assuming they will both be gone by then.
    Can't forget about those two, just talking about possibilities...