Carolina Panthers & Tailgating

Anyone have any wisdom to share?

Some friends and I just bought tickets for our first Panthers game. We plan to tailgate but are new to this as well and are looking for recommendations. We are wondering:

Where is it allowed? Specific lots? Stadium only, or are there other options?
    What time do lots open? Are they all the same price?, etc. etc.

Any advice much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post

Some friends and I just bought tickets for our first Panthers game. We plan to tailgate but are new to this as well and are looking for recommendations. We are wondering:

It's been a while since I went to a Panthers game but I seem to remember there is no Stadium parking. The stadium is surrounded by lots of little pay lots, where I've seen plenty of tailgaters. I would check the Panthers website and look for a Stadium or Fans link to see if they have recommendations. Have fun, it's a great stadium with a great view of Uptown depending on which side you're facing.

Enjoy! There are dozens of lots and parking decks within a several mile radius of BofA Stadium that will start filling up with fans around 10:00 a.m. Lots around the stadium are ~$40, but if you're willing to walk 15 mins, you can park for $7 (or you can take the light rail into uptown for $1.30). I'd recommend picking up bucket of Chicken from Bojangles, with all the fixin's (biscuits, slaw, sweet tea) beforehand.

I usually park around Trade and Graham Street. It's easy to get to (I-77 exit onto Trade St), and parking isn't that bad (under $20 last time I checked). If you aren't going to tailgate, I would park in the deck on Trade St. across from the Baptist Church. It's cheap, and the walk isn't really that bad. Plus it's easy to get out after the game.

If you're planning to eat somewhere uptown, they don't serve alchohol until noon on Sundays, so that can make for a tame restaurant experience.

Have Fun!
    "There can BE only one."

Thanks folks. We'll get an early start and make the most of it.

Thanks folks. We'll get an early start and make the most of it.
    Hey jimmymax, if you're in town early or later, I highly recommend heading down to the Park Road Shopping Center and visiting Sir Edmund Halley's for dinner. Great British Pub that can pour a pint of Guinness the right way, awesome bartenders, and a highly underrated menu. Not sure where you'll end up parking but if you're uptown take Morehead to South Blvd, make a left on Woodlawn. Park Road Shopping is on the left at Woodlawn and Park Road. Sir Ed's is downstairs in the middle. Do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Misunderestimated View Post
    Enjoy! There are dozens of lots and parking decks within a several mile radius of BofA Stadium that will start filling up with fans around 10:00 a.m. Lots around the stadium are ~$40, but if you're willing to walk 15 mins, you can park for $7 (or you can take the light rail into uptown for $1.30). I'd recommend picking up bucket of Chicken from Bojangles, with all the fixin's (biscuits, slaw, sweet tea) beforehand.
    10:A.M.?? In Baltimore we show up at 7:a.m. for 1 game. That leaves plenty of time for drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonelson View Post
    10:A.M.?? In Baltimore we show up at 7:a.m. for 1 game. That leaves plenty of time for drinking.
    I'd have to start drinking at 7 am too in order to watch the Ravens play. Just messing with ya. I'm sure there are some early morning fans in Charlotte that start at sunrise, but there is a large contingent of the wine/cheese crowd that is headed home midway through the 3rd quarter. Oddly enough, most of them have a Tarheels sticker on the back of their ride.