Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

A Couple of Interesting Tweets This Evening...

BlueDevilNation: "Every single move made changes the big picture in which recruit will go where. Kentucky making a huge late push for Jefferson."
    Posted 5:52pm

jhairston15: "My man @phenom15balla has a huge decision tonight. Goodluck brotha!"
    Posted 4:58pm

HMMM......

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Buckner Fan View Post
    Regardless if Bazz chooses Duke (and I'm very dubious), when has a televised deal like this ever been a good idea?

Ask LeBron and the Black Pigeon.
    Happens all the time actually...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWxTxTcXMtM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUY2pUKkZXo

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Yea, it happens every year...a lot of players make their announcement on this show (it's part of the reason why ESPNU has it).
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Regardless of this evenings outcome, I would like to commend to each of the members here on DBR for handling Shabazz's recruitment much better than that of the 126-page John Wall thread. I forget how long the KI Toe Vigil was, but I have to imagine the Wall thread will not be touched.

Anyways, I leave you with this before Shabazz announces in a little under two hours:
    We RETURN 4 SR's, 2 JR's, 2 SO, 2 R-FR next season. That's 10 guys on scholly, already that have been in a Duke uniform before.

We will have a damn good ball club next year.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Regardless of this evenings outcome, I would like to commend to each of the members here on DBR for handling Shabazz's recruitment much better than that of the 126-page John Wall thread. I forget how long the KI Toe Vigil was, but I have to imagine the Wall thread will not be touched.

Anyways, I leave you with this before Shabazz announces in a little under two hours:
    We RETURN 4 SR's, 2 JR's, 2 SO, 2 R-FR next season. That's 10 guys on scholly, already that have been in a Duke uniform before.

We will have a damn good ball club next year.
    Don't forget Sheed as a true freshman baller....Regardless of what happnes tonight or in the coming days, I am not ready to concede the ACC to NC State or the NC next year to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Don't forget Sheed as a true freshman baller....Regardless of what happnes tonight or in the coming days, I am not ready to concede the ACC to NC State or the NC next year to someone else.
    Amen to all this. With Shabazz, preseason consensus #3. Without him, preseason consensus #7.

To anticipate those who will respond that this is wildly optimistic, I'll guess that at least a few other posters will agree with this rough calculation, which, to be clear, is based not primarily on a belief that Duke's talent is outrageously good, but on a belief that there are no presumptively great teams next season.

Even if UK were to land Muhammad, Noel, Bennett, and Jefferson to go along with Goodwin and Poythress, and the returning Wiltjer, the promising Harrow, and possibly, say, a surprise-return Lamb, that would constitute but a single presumptively great team. UL and IU, already the likely top 2 if UK doesn't make a late splash, are not, on paper, great teams. They're at the top, but they're not clearly superior to the 11-man Duke squad that we know Duke will have.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Amen to all this. With Shabazz, preseason consensus #3. Without him, preseason consensus #7.

To anticipate those who will respond that this is wildly optimistic, I'll guess that at least a few other posters will agree with this rough calculation, which, to be clear, is based not primarily on a belief that Duke's talent is outrageously good, but on a belief that there are no presumptively great teams next season.

Even if UK were to land Muhammad, Noel, Bennett, and Jefferson to go along with Goodwin and Poythress, and the returning Wiltjer, the promising Harrow, and possibly, say, a surprise-return Lamb, that would constitute but a single presumptively great team. UL and IU, already the likely top 2 if UK doesn't make a late splash, are not, on paper, great teams. They're at the top, but they're not clearly superior to the 11-man Duke squad that we know Duke will have.
    Duke may have an 11 man roster but when has K ever played more than 8 on a regular basis?

Outlook not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    Duke may have an 11 man roster but when has K ever played more than 8 on a regular basis?
    In the 1998-1999 season when we had a team that talent wise rivaled the 1992 championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    Fair enough. Duke's top 8-9 are pretty close to the top 8-9 of UL and IU, and UK without Shabazz. And any of the other likely preseason consensus top 7.

I'm guessing K is more likely to play a "full" 9-rotation next season, with or without any additional recruits.

Plenty of time to argue about that over next 5 months.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Bazz 745pm. Nerlens (if you're interested) 845pm.
    Not that I'm doubting, but where did you see that?

seems like it is over:

EvanDanielscout: A pair of sources have confirmed to Scout.com that Shabazz Muhammad will commit to UCLA on the nationally televised show.

Bazz to UCLA...I can live with that, ABK

Our very own Airowe broke the news.

Shabazz to UCLA.

Next play(er).

Quote Originally Posted by fh84 View Post
    seems like it is over:

EvanDanielscout: A pair of sources have confirmed to Scout.com that Shabazz Muhammad will commit to UCLA on the nationally televised show.
    If you get the chance to spend your only year of college basketball playing with Larry Drew, you pretty much have to take it.

WAIT!!!! Cal hasn't made his last phone call...it aint over till...cal calls...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by dcar1985 View Post
    Bazz to UCLA...I can live with that, ABK
    I agree. Aside from Bazz actually coming across the country to Durham, my hope was ABK. Let's see what Nerlens does. Sounds like the Hoyas, and if he does this will throw some cold water on Kentucky's recent successes. They still will have a strong class, but if they truly lose all six of their projected losses, they'll have a hard time approaching a repeat.

I guess Bazz is a good first step in putting out the dumpster fire.

All the more reason to dislike another bad shade of blue.

Fight on!

Tyler Thornton is ready, I can't think of this tweet not being related to the news:

tythornton3: "At the end of the day #WeAllWeGot #Hardwork #Dedication"

Calipari is going to be on first. is that a bad sign