Page 13 of 179 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Alex Murphy looks like the "next" Laettner/Singler... Hope we get this guy. Looks like a solid all around player.

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    Sounds great to me. I don't know what the competition was like from that highlight video, but I absolutely loved the way he moved on the offensive end. He was faster to the ball than everyone and took advantage of any space inside to sneak behind the defense and grab the offensive board for a put back or receive a pass from the wing. He definitely seemed to play with a lot of energy. It's a long way off, but definitely excited about Muhammad and Murphy in 2012.
    Actually, the team they were playing against was Dream Vision, which features Shabazz Muhammad, Angelo Chol, and Winston Sheppard. Very talented team.

Thanks for coming by, Bryan. Wasn't aware of your site, but it looks promising. Good luck on your venture. Always good to have video and knowledgeable comments on top prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by _TheFakeJWill_ View Post
    Alex Murphy looks like the "next" Laettner/Singler... Hope we get this guy. Looks like a solid all around player.

GO DUKE!
    You must have missed this post in the 2011 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Welcome to the board, On...One.

You may want to go easy on such comparisons for a high school junior. I like Gbinije as a prospect, but it's too early to project him to the level of a guy like Kyle, who may end up with his jersey in the rafters.

Regular posters here tend to discourage putting unrealistic or premature expectations on our younger players or recruits.
    Let's chill on comparing a guy who just finished his sophomore year in HS to one of the greatest players to ever play in college and another guy who was just named MOP of the FF and looks well on his was to having his jersey in the rafters as well.

Kind of hard to to meet those kind of expectations, no?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Let's chill on comparing a guy who just finished his sophomore year in HS to one of the greatest players to ever play in college and another guy who was just named MOP of the FF and looks well on his was to having his jersey in the rafters as well.
    I'm also a big fan of Alex, but Silk is absolutely correct here. There is no reason to compare his to guys like Kyle and Laettner.

Anything new about Shabazz?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Thanks for coming by, Bryan. Wasn't aware of your site, but it looks promising. Good luck on your venture. Always good to have video and knowledgeable comments on top prospects.
    Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words.

Alex Murphy will be the prototypical Dunleavy/Singler player.
    The thing I have seen is that he has a better handle than Singler and a better shooter than Dunleavy and maybe a bit more athletic than Kyle as well.

If Alex Murphy commits before Tokoto then I can't see JP going to Duke either way. Either in JP wanting to play the same position as AM or K in going after Shabazz. Its just that simple.

Tokoto might not even get an offer from Roy. He stunk up the gym with his play. His jump shot was not polished at all in form at both events.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    If Alex Murphy commits before Tokoto then I can't see JP going to Duke either way. Either in JP wanting to play the same position as AM or K in going after Shabazz. Its just that simple.

Tokoto might not even get an offer from Roy. He stunk up the gym with his play. His jump shot was not polished at all in form at both events.
    One bad weekend isn't going to change Roy's mind on this. He has been recruiting him long enough and seen him play enough to know what his strengths and weaknesses are and what type of player he is. Maybe he doesn't offer him right at June 15th, but Roy will offer him at some point I can assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    One bad weekend isn't going to change Roy's mind on this. He has been recruiting him long enough and seen him play enough to know what his strengths and weaknesses are and what type of player he is. Maybe he doesn't offer him right at June 15th, but Roy will offer him at some point I can assure you.
    our two most reliable sources going at it!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    our two most reliable sources going at it!!
    What is this supposed to mean? Are you putting me in with someone who just throws stuff against the wall? Or are you being a troll? I think both... I always provide evidence to what I say, dude, and I don't need someone like you making these wise cracks constantly. Do you disagree that UNC will offer Tokoto? If you do please explain, that's all... Don't go with this crap that you seem to be hinting at here and bait other users, thank you.

Please take a deep breath, folks. Please think before posting. Please reread the stickies. Think about them before posting again.

Otherwise, some folks will be taking vacations.

thanks

-jk

I hope Roy does offer JP on the 15th because this what K wants him to do.

Its not going to happen because the man is not about to let the SHabazz fall into K's lap like this.

Its not going to happen because the man is not about to let the SHabazz fall into K's lap like this.
    I don't think Coach K wants Roy to offer one of the better players in the 2012 class in J.P Tokoto. Again, J.P Tokoto will not have any affect on Muhammad's recruitment. Muhammad is a 2/3 and Tokoto is a 3. So UNC would put Muhammad at the 2 and Tokoto at the 3. One won't affect the other... They will find room for both of them.

I don't think Coach K wants Roy to offer one of the better players in the 2012 class in J.P Tokoto. Again, J.P Tokoto will not have any affect on Muhammad's recruitment. Muhammad is a 2/3 and Tokoto is a 3. So UNC would put Muhammad at the 2 and Tokoto at the 3. One won't affect the other... They will find room for both of them.
    not going to happen.,,,,

Please provide links for your assertions that:

1) Coach K wants Roy to offer Tokoto a scholarship, and to do it on 6/15
    2) Roy will in fact not offer Tokoto on 6/15
    3) Roy's decision to not offer Tokoto hinges on his desire to not let Muhammad commit to Duke

tyhaveaniceday.

not going to happen.,,,,
    How do you know? Have you spoken with Muhammad and Tokoto? Have you spoken with Coach K and Roy Williams? These two kids have both shown intrest in the UNC program and with Duke's. Both have been in contact with the coaching staff through this time and there would be room on the roster to include both of them. Why do you think it is set in stone that we get Muhammad? Where have you heard this?

These two kids have both shown intrest in the UNC program and with Duke's.
    I would say this is probably true of almost any HS player, though not all want to play at UNC or Duke for various reasons. I mean how could you not want to come to Duke in the '12 class and chip in for a 3peat? Beats the hell outta going to Carolina and finishing in the middle of the ACC, again.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I mean how could you not want to come to Duke in the '12 class and chip in for a 3peat?
    4-peat.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    4-peat.
    That's the way I count it, too.

And you, IIRC, have a very special reason to hope for/expect a multi-peat, as you don't want to have to start a campaign to push K toward the door. DIRC?