Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

defense

OK, so you have a team that is 7 deep. Why did Duke not try full court or 3/4 court pressure to wear these guys down a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I think it's that and K trying to find something that works...if you want to go far in march you have to have a plan on how you're going to beat teams like this...we could very well run into OSU in the tournament...and now K has a wider range of ideas that may or may not work
    Whatever his motives, it's good to see some quality minutes from Hairston and Gbinije.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    The only thing about this game that reminds me of Arizona last year is our freshman guard coming up big in a blowout.

Other than that, not many similarities outside of the deficit. No Derek Williams scoring 35, no giant posterizing dunks. Just an all-around effort from OSU instead of a monster effort and solid contributions from Arizona's backup singers.
    I was meaning more along the lines in the way the game feels (should have been more specific). Just feels terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    What I hate most about this game is how guys like Aaron Craft and Thomas, who rarely score, are the ones carrying OSU and not Buford or Sullinger.

What I like is how K is playing the young guys in the blowout. Sending a message to the other guys?
    What I hate most is Sullinger laughing as if to say " you are not in our class". GoDuke!

This Duke team has got to learn how to play defense. A lot of open 3's. Kelly is great against average teams, but has trouble with superior squads. I wasn't expecting such a route, but I am still happy with Maui and this team will get a lot better. Fortunately this is November and not March.

Hey, does anybody know much about Sullinger's personality? Is he a class kid? Does he make great speeches at banquets? Heard any stories?

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Craft is destroying us in the 2nd half. More evidence of dead legs. He's facing very little ball pressure.
    Why would we have dead legs? We haven't played in six days and we have been home since Friday.

We've actually played Ohio State even in the second half.
    Think we'll see more of Hairston, Gbinje & Cook?

Ouch! Hope that OSU dude is ok. That looked - and sounded - ugly

Starting 5 for next game

With some of the (lack of) play tonight, it will be interesting to see who starts next game. Of course a lot will depend on practice, but I hope K takes a look at some of the guys playing in the 2nd half. Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the captains to get their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    What I hate most is Sullinger laughing as if to say " you are not in our class". GoDuke!
    Eh, he can laugh all he wants. He won't be laughing when they lose early in the NCAAs (again).

OSU has Kansas syndrome, circa Roy Williams-era. Tons of talent, very little championships to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dairedevil View Post
    We've actually played Ohio State even in the second half.
    Think we'll see more of Hairston, Gbinje & Cook?
    Well, I hope not. Nothing against those guys, but if they're in the game playing significant minutes for us this year, it likely means we're getting our a** handed to us like tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PSurprise View Post
    With some of the (lack of) play tonight, it will be interesting to see who starts next game. Of course a lot will depend on practice, but I hope K takes a look at some of the guys playing in the 2nd half. Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the captains to get their stuff together
    The only player I could see missing from next games starting 5 would be Dawkins.

At least #13 is athletic, something we really need. Wait I'm sounding like that idiot Gottleib.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Ouch! Hope that OSU dude is ok. That looked - and sounded - ugly
    Been there, done that. He will be walking funny for a few days. Glad to see he is ok though.

cmon let's lose by less than 20!

just go away

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    11 nice baseline move by mason...fouled

May your waders get flooded with water.

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    The only player I could see missing from next games starting 5 would be Dawkins.
    I doubt the starting 5 changes very much at all.

12 another nice baseline move my mason ...got fouled

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    This is a team of dead legs. Oh St getting tons of easy open looks. This team is clearly physically and mentally exhausted. There is absolutely no communication happening on D. Guys are apparently too tired to even talk.
    I keep hearing this... We haven't played in six days. Am I missing something?

We're just flat out getting smoked. Can't blame legs.