Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2134
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    IMHO (with Sage Grouse the 'H' is usually silent), Barnes is keeping his own counsel. Otherwise, it is sure to leak. There are apparently no leaks at all. We will all find out tomorrow.

The only question in my mind is whether he tells the coach or coaches ahead of time. If he does, it will be around the 'Net at the speed of light (which is approximately the speed at which things move, anyway).

sagegrouse
    '... if one of them is dead. - B. Franklin'
    Won't he have to tell the coach of the lucky program since he's signing his letter of intent tomorrow? Is HB so devious to request letters from all 6 schools to keep the suspense?

3 questions

3 questions

This is the biggest Duke / UNC recruiting battle since...?

If the NCAA didn't have the 1 year rule, would HB be in the top 5 in the NBA draft ? Would he have some of the lebron-type hype?

Does anyone think there are posters on this board who know already and are sworn to not say anything?
    Last edited by HCheek37; 11-12-2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    Won't he have to tell the coach of the lucky program since he's signing his letter of intent tomorrow? Is HB so devious to request letters from all 6 schools to keep the suspense?
    There isn't much certainty about any of tomorrow's happenings, but I am quite certain Harrison Barnes already has a Letter of Intent from all six schools available to be signed.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post

If the NCAA didn't have the 1 year rule, would HB be in the top 5 in the NBA draft ? Would he have some of the lebron-type hype?
    Top 5, yes. Lebron hype? Not even close.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    3 questions

Does anyone think there are posters on this board who know already and are sworn to not say anything?
    Answers:

1. Shavlik Randolph. (How his career turned out is irrelevant to the recruiting battle.)

2. Conditional Yes. (I don't think HB is the type of kid who would have jumped right out of High School. Had he done so though, I do believe he would have gone top 5.)

3. A resounding NO. (I do not believe there is a message board member on the planet who knows for sure which school he names tomorrow. I do however disagree with a couple others in that I do believe Kyrie Irving knows by now.)

Smile Later

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    I imagine the LOI will wait. -- sagegrouse

Before anyone posts another comment that is in any way negative or pessimistic, ...

PLEASE

1) read Harrison's diary pages on his trip to Duke and any of the other schools you are concerned about. He speaks of Duke as his team already.

2) consider how many trips he made to Duke at his own cost. Including a trip to surprise Coach K for his birthday.

3) consider the position available for him at Duke, literally and figuratively,

4) remember the confidence exuded by the staff after the OV here

5) consider how many in the business of following recruiting have said that "Harrison is a Duke kind of young man"

6) remember we have the best coach in the world ...

I could go on and on.

There really should be no negativity, just prepare for celebration!

Lightbulb Guess I'm a little slow

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Before anyone posts another comment that is in any way negative or pessimistic, ...

PLEASE

1) read Harrison's diary pages on his trip to Duke and any of the other schools you are concerned about. He speaks of Duke as his team already.

2) consider how many trips he made to Duke at his own cost. Including a trip to surprise Coach K for his birthday.

5) consider how many in the business of following recruiting have said that "Harrison is a Duke kind of young man"

I could go on and on.

What's your point?

It all makes sense. Hope it still makes sense when he announces.

PLEASE

I could go on and on.

this is the post that i'm gonna just stop with tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    this is the post that i'm gonna just stop with tonight....
    Also consider that a lot of the old guard DBR posters are scarcely involved in this thread. That says "quiet confidence" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Also consider that a lot of the old guard DBR posters are scarcely involved in this thread. That says "quiet confidence" to me.
    To me it says they've learned not to speculate in recruiting threads.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Well, a lot of old guard DBR posters are scarcely involved on the boards these days, so I'm not sure what conclusion to draw from that.

I'll sleep better tonight than I did before JWall's announcement. We all wanted him to come to Duke but somehow, I never really felt confident about him.

This time is different. The confidence comes primarily from Kyrie - his relationship with Harrison and now, his facebook comments. I may be wrong but it sounds like the party is to celebrate becoming teammates.

Cato and Supadave almost posted the exact same thing.

PLEASE

I could go on and on.

He's keeping his decision real close to his vest...moreso than kyrie did anyway
    1200. DDMF.

Really?

close to the vest is getting really old on here.

HB is keeping his decision privite IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    Cato and Supadave almost posted the exact same thing.
    No, see... they, ahh, what he was... they... ehh, never mind...

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    I like being pessimistic - that way if it works out, I'm much happier. Nevertheless, the boys on 620 this morning thought our chances at HB were minimal.
    Well, if that's what they think, there's probably no point in tuning in to Harrison's announcement then, is there? Why do you think the boys on 620 have better information than anybody else in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by dahainz View Post
    If a best friend of yours was going to make a huge life decision tomorrow which involved doing something with you or not doing something with you (be it team mate, fellow employee, lifestyle decision or whatever), do you think that person might tell you the night before?
    No offense to Kyrie, but if I wanted my decision to remain a secret and the best friend in your hypothetical liked posting hints on his twitter and facebook pages, I either wouldn't tell him or I'd swear him to secrecy. Probably to make sure it stayed secret I wouldn't tell him, or anybody else.

3 questions

1) Maybe Shavlik, or maybe Brandon Wright.
    2) Possibly -- certainly top 10 -- but I don't think he'd try to go pro straight out of high school; it doesn't seem like his m.o.
    3) No.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Well, a lot of old guard DBR posters are scarcely involved on the boards these days, so I'm not sure what conclusion to draw from that.
    Actually, I believe that most of the DBR "old guard" do not concern themselves very much with recruiting and prefer to focus on the players we have on the roster now.

I wouldn't read anything in to it either way.