Calipari and winning the SEC

When asked if winning the SEC regular season was important, Calipari said , " no", . The importance of the SEC tournament and regular season to him was only to get seeded for the NCAA tournament.

I remember when some of us, including myself, did not have the same enthusiasm of most posters when it was pointed out that Duke was in first place in the ACC in the midpoint of the season, it was almost like I was committing an act of blasphamy.

Yes, I understand that Coach K and Calipari are two different kind of coaches and maybe to Kentucky fans winning the NCAA tournament is the only thing that really matters but not to get crazy or being implied that you cannot be a real Duke fan if you do not jump for joy if Duke wins the ACC regular season is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    When asked if winning the SEC regular season was important, Calipari said , " no", . The importance of the SEC tournament and regular season to him was only to get seeded for the NCAA tournament.

I remember when some of us, including myself, did not have the same enthusiasm of most posters when it was pointed out that Duke was in first place in the ACC in the midpoint of the season, it was almost like I was committing an act of blasphamy.

Yes, I understand that Coach K and Calipari are two different kind of coaches and maybe to Kentucky fans winning the NCAA tournament is the only thing that really matters but not to get crazy or being implied that you cannot be a real Duke fan if you do not jump for joy if Duke wins the ACC regular season is just wrong.
    In the long, celebrated history of DBR strawmen, that just might rank among the all-time greats, especially as a topic-starter. As such, it is only fitting that it be a topic-ender, too, and we lock this thread that appears to really be about some degree of bitterness about what it means to be a Duke fan. If anyone wants to start a different thread that focuses on Calipari's perspective and not what some poster on the DBR might have said to you many moons ago, feel free.