Game in Oregon this year?

Any confirmation of a game in Portland for 2010/2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Seattledukie View Post
    I haven't seen 100% confirmation of it, but it sounds like it will be Nov. 27 at the Rose Garden...

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms...duke-ducks.csp

Iguess it depends on what you mean by confirmed, but seems fairly certain at moment along with these

November 14th, 2010 – Princeton – Home
    November 16th, 2010 – Miami (OH) – Home

November 22nd, 2010 – Marquette – Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO, CBE semi finals

November 23rd, 2010 – Kansas State or Gonzaga – Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO, CBE finals

November 27th, 2010 – Oregon – Rose Garden, Portland, OR (ESPN)

December 1st, 2010 – Michigan State – Home (ACC-Big Ten Challenge – ESPN)

December 4th, 2010 – Butler – Izod Center, Meadowlands, NJ (CBS)

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...hree-years.pdf

so home games with UNC, MD, NC St, Miami, UVA, BC, Clemson and GA Tech and away games at UNC, MD, NC St, Miami, UVA, FSU, VA T and Wake.

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    Iguess it depends on what you mean by confirmed, but seems fairly certain at moment along with these

November 14th, 2010 – Princeton – Home
    November 16th, 2010 – Miami (OH) – Home

November 22nd, 2010 – Marquette – Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO, CBE semi finals

November 23rd, 2010 – Kansas State or Gonzaga – Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO, CBE finals

November 27th, 2010 – Oregon – Rose Garden, Portland, OR (ESPN)

December 1st, 2010 – Michigan State – Home (ACC-Big Ten Challenge – ESPN)

December 4th, 2010 – Butler – Izod Center, Meadowlands, NJ (CBS)

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...hree-years.pdf

so home games with UNC, MD, NC St, Miami, UVA, BC, Clemson and GA Tech and away games at UNC, MD, NC St, Miami, UVA, FSU, VA T and Wake.
    The two weeks around Thanksgiving will give us a really good barometer for what kind of team this is going to be. Travel from Durham to KC (to Durham/everyone's homes?) to Portland to Durham to East Rutherford, with games against Marquette, Gonzaga/K-State, Oregon, MSU, and Butler, only one of which is at home. That's a hectic stretch. Given travel and quality of opponent, a 4-1 record over that stretch would be very impressive.

As an aside, thanks to regional proximity and an amazingly lovely wife (who got me the latter tickets as a wedding present), I will get to see the games in Oregon and in NJ. They will be my first live games since 2006 (JJ & co. losing at Georgetown). I'm stoked!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Where can I get tickets for this?

I will certainly be in attendance for this one. The last time Duke opened against Princeton and played in Portland was my freshman year, 2000-01. That was a pretty ho-hum year for the Devils. I'm expecting more of the same this year.

So, what are the chances of scoring a couple of tickets at more or less face value for any of the early home games?

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    So, what are the chances of scoring a couple of tickets at more or less face value for any of the early home games?
    Show up and use the McGrupp method. Almost always works for reasonably priced tickets for the early games - there are lots of no shows.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Great!

Thanks for the input. I'll keep an eye out for ticket info up here and post it once I see it.

When was the last trip to the West Coast for the Blue Devils during the regular season?

Thanks for the input. I'll keep an eye out for ticket info up here and post it once I see it.

When was the last trip to the West Coast for the Blue Devils during the regular season?
    I believe Portland/Stanford in December of 2000 (unless you count Maui as West Coast, as we last played in the Maui Invitational in November 2007).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I believe Portland/Stanford in December of 2000 (unless you count Maui as West Coast, as we last played in the Maui Invitational in November 2007).
    I think that's right. Well, plus Anchorage in 2003.

I'm sure the Duke Club of Portland will be doing something for this, if there isn't a Junior League gardening fundraiser the same weekend. But I think I'll pass on that.

If people want to get together near the Rose Garden before the game for a beer, let's put it together. I'll definitely be there. The EJ-Kyle thing will be fun.

Pre-season games

Does anyone have any idea when the 2 exhibition games and Countdown to Craziness will be held? Last year's Pfeiffer game was held 10/24 which was the Saturday of parents' weekend as well as a home football game against Maryland. Countdown to Craziness was Friday 10/16 and the other exhibition game was Tuesday, 11/03.
    Any idea how this would play out for this year? We have a home football game Saturday, 10/16 against Miami but parents' weekend is the following weekend 10/22-10/24. I'm trying to figure out which weekend to fly down and want to get some basketball in. Any ideas?

Would Nov 6-7 weekend be a good possibility? UVA football game at home, and maybe some sort of b'ball exhibition game?

Why start a thread when you can just hijack one?

Quote Originally Posted by CEF1959 View Post
    And yet thread hijacking is an art form, one routinely practiced here.
    -jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    And yet thread hijacking is an art form, one routinely practiced here.
    -jk
    But thread hijacking is an honorable practice that has long been tolerated. I remember back to Juliovision days when...Ooops.

Quote Originally Posted by CEF1959 View Post
    My bad. I meant to post in the 'Schedule alert!' thread instead.