Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Title?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Not that there is much question about it, but the Orlando Sentinel now also has the story.

I think, rather than the football scandal, the thing that decided this was that Austin was about to make his trip to Carolina. I suspect that as he was getting ready to pack he thought, "why am I wasting their time and my time? I know where I want to go and nothing I see this weekend is going to change my mind."

--Jason "any old timers remember GGLC from the old board? I am feeling quite GGLC right now!" Evans
    Shouldn't this be titled "Welcome to Duke Austin Rivers"? Or do we need official word for that?

Not that there is much question about it, but the Orlando Sentinel now also has the story.

I think, rather than the football scandal, the thing that decided this was that Austin was about to make his trip to Carolina. I suspect that as he was getting ready to pack he thought, "why am I wasting their time and my time? I know where I want to go and nothing I see this weekend is going to change my mind."

--Jason "any old timers remember GGLC from the old board? I am feeling quite GGLC right now!" Evans
    And that's what makes him different than most top recruits in his situation who would take advantage of the recruiting process and let himself be wined and dined. he knew where he wanted to go and respectfully called the other coaches to let them know of his decision. very impressed with his maturity.

Austin couldn't bear to visit chapel hell and listen to ol' roy's spiel again, dadgummit. He had to announce this week!

But what a prima donna! No Skype, no Twitter countdown, no fanfare. What kind of kid is this?

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I am grinning from ear to ear

Welcome to Duke!!! Let the reign begin!

Shooting guards in 2011:

Austin Rivers
    Michael Gbinije (although could be considered SF)
    Andre Dawkins
    Seth Curry

Wow! That is some serious talent at one position. Obviously, Coach K just plays his best players though.

happy bday to me!!!

What an awesome birthday present!!!!!!! Happy birthday to me!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    And that's what makes him different than most top recruits in his situation who would take advantage of the recruiting process and let himself be wined and dined. he knew where he wanted to go and respectfully called the other coaches to let them know of his decision. very impressed with his maturity.
    Thank you for coming to Duke and thank you for not being a Diva.

Yeah, and let Austin play a bit of PG along with Tyler "The Winner" Thornton and maybe Quinn Cook, and let Gbinjie slide to SF, and that is a TON of talent.

Man, this is so sweet. It really feels like SUCH a load off our shoulders, knowing that we are losing some very important people next year.

So. Does Kyrie stay a second year? Or is it too early to think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Shooting guards in 2011:

Austin Rivers
    Michael Gbinije (although could be considered SF)
    Andre Dawkins
    Seth Curry

Wow! That is some serious talent at one position. Obviously, Coach K just plays his best players though.
    Austin will probably play a PG/SG position kind of like Nolan and Scheyer did, I know he has stated he wants to run the point in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Yeah, and let Austin play a bit of PG along with Tyler "The Winner" Thornton and maybe Quinn Cook, and let Gbinjie slide to SF, and that is a TON of talent.

Man, this is so sweet. It really feels like SUCH a load off our shoulders, knowing that we are losing some very important people next year.

So. Does Kyrie stay a second year? Or is it too early to think about it?

well, he has said himself he'd more strongly consider it rivers were his backcourt mate. and with the nba lockout looming, you never know.

What was the kid's name from last year?!?! Can't even remember Duke recruiting him! My my how things have changed!!! It is truly a good day to be a Duke fan. Congrats everyone!!! This is a great feeling...1st a NC and then this...and a great upcoming season on the horizon!!! Wow how can things get any better!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Why aren't we continuing the mega thread? Where's Kong?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Awesome news this Thursday morning. Paging Vash, duketaylor, and airowe -- time to take credit from your unwavering knowledge of Rivers to Duke!

GTHC, GTH!

Great news! Congrats to Austin and to Duke basketball!

And now the reaction from the IC board (always good for laughs, though may damage your brain):

Jigoistic (4463 posts): "kay finally one one against roy and he only needed a multi year head start a faux championship and david falk putting the clamps on doc rivers. that vamp is a recruiting genius."

TrustinRoy (28766 posts): "His dad did want him to take other visits since he had only visited Florida and I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. (the two schools he has committed to.) He scheduled official visits to UNC and Kansas. But Doc left for training camp a couple days ago. It sure looks like Coach K did an awesome job convincing Austin to ignore his father's advice sometime in the last couple of days."

UNCeenNothingYet (5385 posts): "bummer. particularly since he was supposed to visit Chapel Hill this weekend. k must have really put the squeeze on him to commit to [Duke spelled wrong] before this weekend wowed him."

Ah, that evil Coach K, twisting kids to ignore their parents' advice and give in to his Machiavellian schemes...

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Shouldn't this be titled "Welcome to Duke Austin Rivers"? Or do we need official word for that?
    I would give it the title, "Where there is fire, there is fire: Welcome to Duke Austin Rivers."

I just saw Tyler Thorton's facebook status

Austin Rivers to Duke...thats another one to the 2011 class!
    ...and my heart literally skipped a beat

This is amazing

Talking

WOW, I just about wet my pants when I read the title to this thread. I just can't stop smiling.

HOW SWEET IT IS!!

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Great news! Congrats to Austin and to Duke basketball!

And now the reaction from the IC board (always good for laughs, though may damage your brain):

Jigoistic (4463 posts): "kay finally one one against roy and he only needed a multi year head start a faux championship and david falk putting the clamps on doc rivers. that vamp is a recruiting genius."

TrustinRoy (28766 posts): "His dad did want him to take other visits since he had only visited Florida and I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. (the two schools he has committed to.) He scheduled official visits to UNC and Kansas. But Doc left for training camp a couple days ago. It sure looks like Coach K did an awesome job convincing Austin to ignore his father's advice sometime in the last couple of days."

UNCeenNothingYet (5385 posts): "bummer. particularly since he was supposed to visit Chapel Hill this weekend. k must have really put the squeeze on him to commit to [Duke spelled wrong] before this weekend wowed him."

Ah, that evil Coach K, twisting kids to ignore their parents' advice and give in to his Machiavellian schemes...
    Here's another.

Jason113 All-American
    2708 posts this site
    Posted: Today 11:59 AM

RE: Rivers to duke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds odd. From all indications he liked UNC and Roy then all of the sudden, without announcing it publicly, he commits to duke. Maybe K threatened to give his scholarship away to someone else if he didn't sign on the dotted line.
    Reply | Quote

These people are out of their minds, someone must have feed them some real BS about AR and roy's visit.

HaHa.