Thread: Lost (3/28)

Cool Lost (3/28)

I can't beleive that ending. OMG!
    Last edited by Son of Jarhead; 03-28-2007 at 11:46 PM.
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

oh my LOST! (3/28)

Holy creepy ending!!!

You would think, as an actress, Nikki would understand the importance of articulation.
    Last edited by dukeblueyes; 03-28-2007 at 11:47 PM.

That episode was amazing!

That's all I have to say for now. :-)

Sorry to disagree so harshly, but what a horrible episode. I feel like it was filler. Entertaining at times and a good story, but where does it fit? I will be seriously disappointed if this does not come back to play a larger role in the story, which I don't think it will.

No focus on any of the main characters, but rather characters that when they appeared at the beginning of the episode made me think to myself - "Who the hell are these people? Are they even on the island?"

Disappointing to say the least, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by pacificrounder View Post
    Sorry to disagree so harshly, but what a horrible episode. I feel like it was filler. Entertaining at times and a good story, but where does it fit? I will be seriously disappointed if this does not come back to play a larger role in the story, which I don't think it will.

No focus on any of the main characters, but rather characters that when they appeared at the beginning of the episode made me think to myself - "Who the hell are these people? Are they even on the island?"

Disappointing to say the least, IMHO.
    Although I enjoyed the episode and thought it was filler, I agree completely with your second paragraph - who the heck are Nicki and Paolo ? When did they get there, so to speak ? I don't remember seeing such a pretty girl being on the beach in the background in the first two seasons. Did they film them in the original filming of the first show (on the beach in front of the crash remains) and with Artz before he "blowed up" , or did they go back and digitally insert them into the engine exploding scene and bring back Artz to film the new bug stuff stuff we saw last night ?

It was obvious to me that they were buried alive - all the talk of being paralyzed so that even a doctor couldn't tell you were alive was a "dead" givaway.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Although I enjoyed the episode and thought it was filler, I agree completely with your second paragraph - who the heck are Nicki and Paolo ? When did they get there, so to speak ?
    Nikki and Paolo have been around all this season, and parts of last season, if I recall correctly. They are classic redshirts. Minor characters who get killed off for effect. Don't you remember the Pearl Hatch scene from earlier this season which was flashed-back in this episode.

Awesome episode, IMO. Sure, LOST is a serial drama and there's an overall storyline we didn't get to, but what awesome storytelling we got to witness from the writers. A real yarn that didn't disappoint.

I suppose part of the overarching purpose of this episode was to give us a little bit of an insight into the "other" Losties, the ones who aren't part of the leadership, so to speak. It was cool to see.

In a previous thread, it was mentioned that episodes often begin with a close-up on a character's eyes. This week's episode should have repeated this practice, only to end with a large wink (at its audience).

What a "clever" response to those fans that decried the presence of Nikki and Paulo, earlier this season. They're such terrible people they deserve to be buried alive. Hysterical.

In a way, this was the writers answering fans question of, why aren't we hearing about any of the the other people on the island? In fact both Nikki and Paulo have been the background for quite a while, although I'm certain they were put into the scene right after the crash, because I've watched that quite a few times and do not remember them.

So, while we didn't go any further on the plot of our main "losties", it was still interesting and quite entertaining, especially seeing what these characters were doing on the island when we weren't watching in the past.

Total filler...

The only thing we learned is that there is a tunnel to the pearl and that Juliet knows about it... However, those of us who reviewed the clip of Sayid's map knew that there were tunnels out of the Others' compound.

Yes, it was filler and pretty cheesy (really, Arzt again?), but it kind of fit with the overall theme of the show. Again, we see characters who finally resolve their issues (diamonds, trust) after doing bad things in the past (killing that old guy, bad acting) and then they die. They are kind of the evil/unlikeable Shannon and Boone.
    I thought it was interesting how when Paolo was paralyzed, we hear the Monster sound in the background.
    And Vincent is such a good dog! He tried to show they were not dead by taking the cover off of them.
    Locke's line of "Whatever you bury on this island doesn't stay buried" has to be foreshadowing... maybe we'll see those diamonds again?

Fan gift

Quote Originally Posted by wired View Post
    In a previous thread, it was mentioned that episodes often begin with a close-up on a character's eyes. This week's episode should have repeated this practice, only to end with a large wink (at its audience).

What a "clever" response to those fans that decried the presence of Nikki and Paulo, earlier this season. They're such terrible people they deserve to be buried alive. Hysterical.
    That was my main thought - interesting episode, not moving anything forward, and really a gift to fans who hated the 'new kids' when they invited themselves into the cast from the chorus.

Not bad - with some small gems in there. Ben expounding on how he manipulates, Arntz quoting 'Animal Farm', Sawyer still not using nicknames, Juliet saying that Jack is cute.

I'll accept it, and look forward to next week.

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblueyes View Post
    Locke's line of "Whatever you bury on this island doesn't stay buried" has to be foreshadowing... maybe we'll see those diamonds again?
    It would really be fun if they need diamonds for something and so the Lostaways dig up Niki and Paolo only to see signs that Niki and Paolo were trying to dig themselves out -- proof that they were burried alive. I know it is not gonna happen (they suffocated to death miunutes after the dirt hit their mouths), but it would be kinda cool.

I did not hear the monster noise in the background when Paolo was poisoned-- need to relisten for that.

-Jason "yeah, it was a filler episode-- but fun filler" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

-Jason "yeah, it was a filler episode-- but fun filler" Evans
    Pretty much the perfect way to sum up last night's episode. Well put, JE.

Eh

As I said to my wife - that episode received a grade of "eh." The only interesting things about it were the scene with Ben and Juliet and (forgive my objectification, my wife did) Nikki's rack. I really hope they have a purpose for weaving this story further into the other plots, otherwise, it was just there as eye candy (Nikki too).

I guess we can't have Locke and his scum-bag dad every week. But four more weeks!?!

I am looking forward to the Kate/Juliet catfight next week. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    As I said to my wife - that episode received a grade of "eh." The only interesting things about it were the scene with Ben and Juliet and (forgive my objectification, my wife did) Nikki's rack. I really hope they have a purpose for weaving this story further into the other plots, otherwise, it was just there as eye candy (Nikki too).

I guess we can't have Locke and his scum-bag dad every week. But four more weeks!?!

I am looking forward to the Kate/Juliet catfight next week. Should be interesting.

didn't look like much of a fight dude lol...this episode was "eh" for me too. It wasn't near the caliber of the past few weeks but still entertaining. I really haven't cared for nikki and paulo since they showed up this season, when she delivered her first line "when were you going to tell us this hurley???" in episode 2 i actually asked my brother if she was someone who won a drawing for "win a cameo on lost" or something...not the two best actors in the world but oh well. Yeah you hear the monster noise just as paulo is losing it, when all the other madusas show up. I"m ready for at least the majority of the cast to join back up at the beach again soon. Seems like the stronger actors went on the hunt for jack, while the "B team" stayed behind on the beach. Hurley is ok, but only when you have a stronger character in the show with him. As great as Sawyer is (a role model) he doesn't bring out the best in Hurley, and does anyone actually like Charlie???