Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Charles Barkley to join upcoming NCAA tourney coverage.

Just thought I'd relay this ESPN article which states that we should expect to see Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith giving some NCAA tourney studio analysis this upcoming year, and also that Marv Alberts may get to call some early games. Also up until the final four, tourney games will be broadcast on CBS, TNT, and TBS this year.

I am a huge NBA on TNT fan so I am looking forward to what Barkley, Smith and Ernie Johnson could add to the broadcasts.

What do you guys think? Good idea or bad idea?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5813422

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    Also up until the final four, tourney games will be broadcast on CBS, TNT, and TBS this year.

What do you guys think? Good idea or bad idea?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5813422
    Don't forget TruTV. I'm happy about it in that we'll no longer have to watch games on a computer. And Chuck is funny. Always good to get another perspective on things, so I guess I like the addition. Although I actually think CBS does a good job with their in-game broadcasting teams overall...But adding just Marv Albert should be pretty good.

charles: look a that excellent spacing on duke's defense
    kenny: duke sucks

charles: kenny, how can you say they suck, they're beating your team by 30 points
    kenny: christian laettner is gay !

charles: oh kenny, you just saying that cause unc is in the nit
    kenny: coach k uses bad language on the sidelines

charles: kenny, UNC's coach uses bad language on TV in the press conference
    kenny: butler deserved to win

charles: you gonna eat that donut?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I wish I hated the idea, that way I could say that it's "turrible," but in reality, I think this will be the best thing to happen to March Madness since Gus Johnson.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    I have always enjoyed the candor from Charles on just about any subject, but he endeared himself to me forever during a banter with Kenny Smith after the Doh years when Duke had dominated Carolina for 5 or 6 seasons. I don't remember the context of the conversation, it may have been during the NBA draft, but Smith mentioned the rivalry and without missing a beat Charles shot back-"what rivalry?" He went on to say how can there be a rivalry when Duke always wins, or words to that effect. Kenny stammered something in response but essentially was left speechless.

I'm looking forward to Sir Charles on NCAA tourney hoops.

Things have been trending upwards ever since Billy Packer left the booth. If only Gus Johnson could call the title game, I'd be in heaven.

Sir Charles is a fantastic addition and I actually don't mind The Jet either.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Things have been trending upwards ever since Billy Packer left the booth. If only Gus Johnson could call the title game, I'd be in heaven.

Sir Charles is a fantastic addition and I actually don't mind The Jet either.
    If/when Carolina loses in the tournament this year, the "analysis" will be epic.

Could a moderator please add the word "to" after "Barkley" and before "join" in my thread title so I don't feel so stupid for omitting it. Thanks.

This is awesome. Barkley is bar none the most entertaining analyst in the business, even though he rarely says anything insightful.

The only thing better than Barkley being an analyst is if he were to be a color man alongside Marv. Listening to his nuggets of observation during a live game would be incredible.

"That zone defense they tried to put on Duke was turrble."

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Aww come on, Barkley says a ton of inciteful stuff. Oh wait, dang homonyms. But yeah, so long as you don't take him too seriously, he's always amusing to listen to.

not for me

Barkley is boring, his actions in the studio are ok for the NBA but not for college ball. Smith on the other hand is worse if possible, anytime we can keep the nba away from college ball, we're all better off for it. I can guarantee that both Barkley and Smith will compare the way things are done in the nba as opposed to college ball, i don't know if you've noticed this but the nba doesn't play basketball, in basketball you can't carry the ball or take 5 extra steps. The nba to me is the closest thing to professional wrestling there is on tv. sorry for the rant but as i said earlier let Barkley and Smith cover that farce (nba) they call a game and we'll all benefit from it.

this is easily the best news i've heard in weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    and also that Marv Albert may get to call some early games.
    Yessssssssssssss!

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    If/when Carolina loses in the tournament this year, the "analysis" will be epic.
    Wait, they're covering the NIT too?

in light of this new, this gem deserves a second look

http://vimeo.com/10632207

and third and fourth

Probably not worth its own thread yet. But definitely worth sharing.

Best version ever?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

Best version ever?
    When I saw this my immediate response was...
    .image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

Best version ever?
    Oh my! That is magical. I think I'll save that to play after my kids get married.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Did it say at the end that the Championship games was going to be on TBS? If so, that's Turrible in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    charles: look a that excellent spacing on duke's defense
    kenny: duke sucks

charles: kenny, how can you say they suck, they're beating your team by 30 points
    kenny: christian laettner is gay !

charles: oh kenny, you just saying that cause unc is in the nit
    kenny: coach k uses bad language on the sidelines

charles: kenny, UNC's coach uses bad language on TV in the press conference
    kenny: butler deserved to win

charles: you gonna eat that donut?
    I am not gay but what has somebody being gay or not got to do with this?
    Last edited by -jk; 02-08-2016 at 10:46 AM. Reason: fix quote tag