Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    The Garage Door metric has ALWAYS been highly suspect.
    It has its ups and downs.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    It also tends to bend in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by dchen09 View Post
    http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/06/17/b...up/#more-53685

Beejay Anya, a 6'7, 251lbs Center got a call from Duke. Picture shows his wingspan infront of a garage door. Anyone want to take a shot at estimating that?
    The Garage Door metric has ALWAYS been highly suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    It also tends to bend in the middle.
    I think this should be an open and closed subject.

Metrics

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I think this should be an open and closed subject.
    How many cars fit in that garage?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Depends on their wingspan...

Also depends on how many different license plates they have, how many alleged owners there are and if there are any parking violations while in said garage...

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    At UNC? Only two or three per player, but each car gets seven or eight license plates.

Brannen Greene

DaveTelep Dave Telep' twitter
    Brannen Greene, a 2013 standout guard, is making an unofficial visit to Duke this weekend.
    44 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Espn.com profile
    6'7'' 2-guard from GA.

Here's a video where Jabari Parker lists his schools as Kansas, Washington, Duke, Illinois and Michigan State. Wasn't Kentucky in on him at some point? (I could easily be wrong)

He is a MUST get for our program

I don't think I've ever wanted a guy as much as I've wanted him.

Just watching that interview made me fall in love with him. He was so mature poised and humble (as opposed to Prince Harry's fake humbleness). A really great kid with an amazing skill set.

Grant Hill 2.0? The combination of class, skill, and athleticism is undeniable.

One of the related videos to that Parker interview is an interview with Andrew Wiggins who might be #1 in 2014 (no thread for that yet ). He lists Duke, UNC, Florida State, and Syracuse as the schools he's looking at right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Double DD View Post
    One of the related videos to that Parker interview is an interview with Andrew Wiggins who might be #1 in 2014 (no thread for that yet ). He lists Duke, UNC, Florida State, and Syracuse as the schools he's looking at right now.
    You may remember his father Mitchell, an NC native. Played at Clemson, transferred to Florida State and played in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    You may remember his father Mitchell, an NC native. Played at Clemson, transferred to Florida State and played in the NBA.
    And you may remember his mother, who was the best secretary Mr. Tudball ever had. . .

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    and you may remember his mother, who was the best secretary mr. Tudball ever had. . .
    roflmao

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    And you may remember his mother, who was the best secretary Mr. Tudball ever had. . .
    Yes, but did Wanda pass along any hoops genes.

Other than her appearance as a fictional character, his mother did win a couple of Olympic medals as a sprinter. A very versatile woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Double DD View Post
    Other than her appearance as a fictional character, his mother did win a couple of Olympic medals as a sprinter. A very versatile woman.
    The wife/mother in question, Marita Payne, was a Canadian 400-meter runner of great distinction.

Mitch Wiggins was one of those guys who kept a suitcase handy. He played one season of juco ball, one season at Clemson, two seasons at Florida State (pre-ACC), played for three NBA teams and a bunch of teams in Greece. And somehow, he ended up in Canada.

Andrew Wiggins does seem to have some affection for Duke--and vice-versa--but it's pretty early.

Nobody could ever say she couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. And her hand-eye to the intercom was excellent. On the negative side, she did not exhibit great lateral quickness from her desk to Tudball's, and I did not see evidence of a high basketball IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    I don't think I've ever wanted a guy as much as I've wanted him.

Just watching that interview made me fall in love with him. He was so mature poised and humble (as opposed to Prince Harry's fake humbleness). A really great kid with an amazing skill set.

Grant Hill 2.0? The combination of class, skill, and athleticism is undeniable.

Just watched some tape on Parker, I really like his high skill level, but I thought he would be a bit more of an explosive athlete, but then again, he's only a freshman or sophomore in those videos, so he could mature physically and become a beast. He's definitely not the second coming of #33, grant had CRAZY hops early in high school iirc, but I'd love to have him, he does so many things that could really help our team. I like his leadership potential too, he seems very intelligent and humble, good traits for a blue devil. His demeanor reminds a little of his homeboy, Derrick Rose.
    Last edited by licc85; 07-10-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
    Just watched some tape on Parker, I really like his high skill level, but I thought he would be a bit more of an explosive athlete, but then again, he's only a freshman or sophomore in those videos, so he could mature physically and become a beast. He's definitely not the second coming of #33, grant had CRAZY hops early in high school iirc, but I'd love to have him, he does so many things that could really help our team. I like his leadership potential too, he seems very intelligent and humble, good traits for a blue devil. His demeanor reminds a little of his homeboy, Derrick Rose.
    Although right here none other than Coach K compared him to not only Grant, but to Kobe Bryant. You don't see that kind of talk out of K every day. Kid sounds pretty special, and it sounds like we're on him hard and the interest is mutual.