Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stephen Curry would get my vote...

...for player of the year. Who's left to stop him?

That kid is my new hero. He saved my bracket.

If it can't be Duke...

PLEASE let it be Davidson... I would LOVE to see them take it to Carolina. After all, they only lost by 4 earlier in the year.

Hooray, Wildcats!
    DukeDevilDeb

For example...

Who would win a game of one-on-one, Curry or Beaker? If they were to play make-it/take-it, I'm not convinced that Mr. Beaker would ever get possession.

It would be truly amazing to see them beat UNC.

When was the last year a player "hijacked" the NCAA Tournament so much?

This has been his coming out party - and that's an obvious over-statement.

I hadn't heard of him prior to the year.

Now he's arguably the most popular player in the nation.

Amazing. Roll on Curry!

-Mr. EarlJam

Damn. I thought this was going to be about voting for him for president...

On a quasi-related note, I think Curry is what Scheyer could be with a little improvement and more of taking-over-games mentality. Kinda.

The bank shot and the reverse scoop were amazing plays. I know it's a cliche' but he is one of those guys where the game comes a little easier. This kid just plays at a higher level than anyone else on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Damn. I thought this was going to be about voting for him for president...

On a quasi-related note, I think Curry is what Scheyer could be with a little improvement and more of taking-over-games mentality. Kinda.
    Even if Scheyer scored 30+ in 3 straight games, he still probably wouldn't get the credit he deserves around here.

Jon has a lot of the same skills, but Curry is much quicker and his shot release is much faster than Jon's. I hope it would not affect his shot too much, but I would love to see Jon speed up his shot release. Doc

Davidson

... and to quote Coach K after we played them, "This (Davidson) is a well coached team!"

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post

Amazing. Roll on Curry!

-Mr. EarlJam
    He was pretty brilliant already last year.
    But yeah, national recognition wise, this is his coming out party.

When does he accept the Most Outstanding Player Award. They dont have to win another game and I would still vote him.

Dont think thats how the award works but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post

Amazing. Roll on Curry!

-Mr. EarlJam
    He did play a really great game vs Md. last year in the NCAA tourny if my memory serves right?

curry - question

to the hoops experts:

disclaimer - i have curry on my fantasy squad, so i am rooting for him. AND I love watching what he does on the court.

why wouldn't you just double team him non-stop for a whole game? As soon as someone else has the ball you put two guys on him, one watching the front of his jersey, one watching the back.

Are the rest of the Wildcats going to score 50-60 points without him?

Discuss.
    P.S. I said this before tonight's game.

P.P.S What happened to Hughes? Did he get hurt?

They have other players that are capable- Richards, Big man down low can't recall his name. I saw Wisc. attempt to double up on him and he made some really nice passes for easy hoops.

I do agree though, if I wasp playing davidson I wouldn't let Curry beat me... if thats possible?

He's a lottery pick right now. He reminds me eerily of Kobe with a chance to go to college. He's got the pedigree like Kobe. Fiesty skills. Good handles. Reggie Miller type game with some of his dad mixed in.

I wouldn't doubt it if he stayed in school though. Once he gains a few pounds and maybe even another inch or two - look out. Davidson could easily be pre-season ranked next year off the strength of him alone.

There are a lot of player's sons coming along nowadays but this kid could be the best incarnation yet.

With Gerald Henderson coming in second - especially if he gets a post-up game.

Quote Originally Posted by dbb03 View Post
    to the hoops experts:

disclaimer - i have curry on my fantasy squad, so i am rooting for him. AND I love watching what he does on the court.

why wouldn't you just double team him non-stop for a whole game? As soon as someone else has the ball you put two guys on him, one watching the front of his jersey, one watching the back.

Are the rest of the Wildcats going to score 50-60 points without him?

Discuss.
    P.S. I said this before tonight's game.

P.P.S What happened to Hughes? Did he get hurt?
    So you want to double him before he has the ball? Davidson would score every time down the floor if they were allowed to play 4-on-3. Unless you're playing against a middling YMCA team, you can't win by employing a defensive strategy that always leaves someone wide-open.

I would expect (and hope) that Curry stays in school until he graduates. Assuming we continue to schedule them, they could give us fits for the next two years. Davidson is a fantastically good school, and I wish them nothing but the best. Curry is great, but they have other wonderful players. McKillop must have one of the best eyes for talent in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by sundown View Post
    So you want to double him before he has the ball? Davidson would score every time down the floor if they were allowed to play 4-on-3. Unless you're playing against a middling YMCA team, you can't win by employing a defensive strategy that always leaves someone wide-open.
    Hey, I played on a middling YMCA team many, many years ago, so I resent that putdown. Actually, you are right, and I was the guy who benefitted from bunnies because the other team doubled the good guys. Consequently, I was wide open for easy layups. So, I guess you are right. Hurts, though.
    Last edited by mgtr; 03-29-2008 at 03:52 AM. Reason: correct typo