Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Welcome To Duke Matt Jones!

https://twitter.com/#!/matt_jones8/s...98183706918912

After long consideration with my parents and people around me , we felt it was best that I commit to DUKE UNIVERSITY !
    14 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Huge, awesome, wonderful get.

Welcome to Duke....huge get, great shooter!

Yessssssssss!

Welcome to Duke, Mr. Jones. You have chosen wisely. May your time at Duke exceed your wildest expectations!

Sweet!! Can't wait to watch this kid!

Nice to see some young men can reach a decision without the dog and pony show.

And the long line of superb Duke guards continues... Nice!

2013 TX 6'4" SG - comparisons to Ray Allen? Sweet!

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...ght=matt+jones

Matt Jones Commits to Duke

matt_jones8 Matt jones
    After long consideration with my parents and people around me , we felt it was best that I commit to DUKE UNIVERSITY !

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    2013 TX 6'4" SG - comparisons to Ray Allen? Sweet!

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...ght=matt+jones
    I actually though of Ray Allen when I was watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwQdXMme3lo

I know it's only a highlight video, but you can see his beautifully quick release and absolute confidence in his shot.

He's not the quickest or most athletic player, but he can shoot with the best of them.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

And here is a tweet from Matt's good friend and fellow Texan Julius Randle--

@J30_RANDLE Yoooo!!!! My brother @matt_jones8 just committed to duke !!! I'm so happy for him man .. Love you dude !! Congratulate him tweeps !!
    I hope Matt gets to work on Julius, convincing him how great it would be to be teammates

Regarding Matt, his outside stroke will be a welcome addition to Duke right when Dawkins and Curry leave campus.

-Jason "this kid is a pure shooter/scorer -- if he hits the weight room hard for the next 18 months... WATCH OUT!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

(putting out the) Welcome Matt!

I liked that when I did a Google news search for Matt a few minutes ago, the first article that came up was an Evan Daniels Scout article posted to Inside Carolina this morning entitled: "UNC Making Up Ground for Jones" (I'll spare you a link to IC).

Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I liked that when I did a Google news search for Matt a few minutes ago, the first article that came up was an Evan Daniels Scout article posted to Inside Carolina this morning entitled: "UNC Making Up Ground for Jones" (I'll spare you a link to IC).

Whoops.
    Favorite post on IC so far:

"he is too good of a shooter to come here. he didn't want to hit a couple 3's and then go to the bench for a upperclassmen."

One loss, and the wolves are out already.

Duke loves their guards from the Lone Star State. Daniel Ewing (in my opinion, one of the most underrated players Duke has had in recent memory), Rasheed Sulaimon, and now Matt Jones. Am I missing anyone else guys?

Welcome to Duke, Mr. Jones! I sincerely think you just made one of the best decisions of your life!

yes!!!!!!!! YES !!!!!!!!! Welcome MATT!!!!

come on down!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

What great news this is. I had not been closely following our recruits recently, so this comes as a pleasant surprise to me. However, I do know a decent amount about his game and I always like a pure shooter. Congrats Matt and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Duke loves their guards from the Lone Star State. Daniel Ewing (in my opinion, one of the most underrated players Duke has had in recent memory), Rasheed Sulaimon, and now Matt Jones. Am I missing anyone else guys?Welcome to Duke, Mr. Jones! I sincerely think you just made one of the best decisions of your life!
    Going back, we've had Tate Armstrong from Houston in the 1970's and Thomas Hill from Lancaster, TX as part of the great 1991-92 teams (2nd leading scorer in 1992...that might win a bar bet)

Congrats to Matt Jones and look forward to seeing him play.

In the class of 2013, Jones is ranked #21st, #23rd and #28th overall, by ESPN, Scout and Rivals (the worst for basketball), respectively. Great shooter with a quick release, solid midrange game, smooth but not flashy. Athletic enough to finish with the occasional dunk but not an elite athlete. Curious if anyone knows about his on-ball defending?

Scout has him as a 5-star and #5 SG in the class, ESPN a 97-grade and #9 SG in the class (though their top 10 SGs are all 97s), Rivals a 4-star and #6 SG in the class. Should be a solid complementary player who really emerges after a couple years in the program, IMO, and hopefully help our already strong standing with Randle!

Also, I kinda like that we're going to have some Texas twang on the squad over the next few years.

Great pickup for us, glad we finally got a new commitment after what seemed like a long wait.

As Jason mentioned, really hope he helps us land Randle.