Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Kendall Marshall Wrist Watch

CBS just confirmed that Marshall broke his wrist against Creighton. Tough break (no pun intended). When it happened, I was surprised at how quickly he got up. I hate UNC as much as the next guy but hate to see a kid go down to injury.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 03-18-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    CBS just confirmed that Marshall broke his wrist against Creighton. Tough break (no pun intended). When it happened, I was surprised at how quickly he got up. I hate UNC as much as the next guy but hate to see a kid go down to injury.
    Are you sure? That was the injury that Henson had, and he was reinjured today at the end of the first half. If so, that is really devastating.

sage

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Are you sure? That was the injury that Henson had, and he was reinjured today at the end of the first half. If so, that is really devastating.

sage
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...nas-win-sunday

Yes, would love the details since I refused to watch the 2nd half.

How/when did it happen?
    Is he for sure done for the tourney?

Roy announced it in the press conference - fractured wrist. On his non-dominant hand, but I still doubt he'll be able to play the rest of the season.

I just posted this on the MW Region thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Marshall sees everything, which explains why several of his assists each game come from passes when the opponent guarding the pass-recipient isn't looking or thinking. Marshall is always thinking, always looking. Is it coincidence that his vision is matched by his hand-eye coordination and pass-spin-location-and-pace? Marshall pays attention, and knows that many basketball players sometimes - actually frequently - don't. It's quite an advantage, when playing basketball.
    I don't like this news for him at all. It's his right hand, non-shooting, but Kenny Smith was pessimistic about the whole thing.

Roy just described it as a fractured right wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    Yes, would love the details since I refused to watch the 2nd half.

How/when did it happen?
    Is he for sure done for the tourney?
    It happened around the 11 minute mark - he went up for a lay-up and was fouled hard. Didn't notice it at the time, but apparently he played using only his left hand from that point on (and missed a couple of FTs).

That almost sounds like he needs a cast.

Are players allowed to play with a cast on their hand?

Scaphoid fractures are typically treated with immobilization. If they aren't treated appropriately, they are notorious for leading to future arthritis and other chronic issues. It is his non-dominant hand, but my guess is he'll need to be casted.

Hate for the kid, he's a heck of a player and he is the engine. This will totally change the way UNC operates. They'll become a half-court team.

That almost sounds like he needs a cast.

Are players allowed to play with a cast on their hand?
    Guessing that if he had a soft cast he'd be allowed to play. And if it is indeed his off hand, he might be able to continue to play anyway.

Yep, It Happened

Thanks. Lightning, apparently, does strike twice to the same body part. Of course, ESPN isn't reporting anything yet. Bad for kendall, and an undeserved blow to the Tarheels. Hope for a miracle recovery.

sage

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    Guessing that if he had a soft cast he'd be allowed to play. And if it is indeed his off hand, he might be able to continue to play anyway.
    I ask because I played with a hard cast on my non-dominant hand but had to wear some type of sleeve over it.

I missed the presser so I didn't know if Roy said he's done for or what they expected.

Of course all the drama happens when I turn off the TV.

I ask because I played with a hard cast on my non-dominant hand but had to wear some type of sleeve over it.

I missed the presser so I didn't know if Roy said he's done for or what they expected.

Not that you are, but I wouldn't necessarily complain about that.

That's it for us. Just devastating. We can win another game, only because of the level of the competition, but it's hard to imagine we'll go any further if he is sidelined.

I don't know how it happened, and I doubt it was intentional, but Creighton was fouling HARD that game. See the video below. Watch the double fore-arm to Zeller's neck.

I understand that playing physical against UNC is part of every scouting report, but I do wish the refs had reined it in a bit. Again, I am not saying that Marshall's injury was the result of an excessively hard foul. But I'll be curious to see the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IYQ0...e_gdata_player

Really hate it for Marshall if true. He and Zeller are the likable Heels (even though they're Duke killers).

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoHeel View Post
    That's it for us. Just devastating. We can win another game, only because of the level of the competition, but it's hard to imagine we'll go any further if he is sidelined.

I don't know how it happened, and I doubt it was intentional, but Creighton was fouling HARD that game. See the video below. Watch the double fore-arm to Zeller's neck.

I understand that playing physical against UNC is part of every scouting report, but I do wish the refs had reined it in a bit. Again, I am not saying that Marshall's injury was the result of an excessively hard foul. But I'll be curious to see the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IYQ0...e_gdata_player
    It was a common foul as Marshall was going up for a lay up. Marshall lost his balance in the air and landed awkwardly. He sprang right up, which really surprised me. Nothing excessively rough or dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Really hate it for Marshall if true. He and Zeller are the likable Heels (even though they're Duke killers).
    Except when they score for us :P
    1200. DDMF.

I have a feeling that if he can play at all he will, at least by the Regional Finals. They probably won't need him to beat South Florida and a 1-armed Marshall is still better than anyone else running the point for them. UNC has a history of "over-hyping" injuries so it may not be as bad as is being reported right now.

Cue the tears from Ol' Roy in 3...2...1...

I very recently had a scaphoid fracture, IF it doesn't require surgery which it often does, you have to put it in a hard cast for at least a few weeks to see how it heals up. Even if he could play, Kendall's passing is more important to his shooting and he does it so well and so fundamentally that he uses his right hand a lot. This is awful for Carolina, probably the worst injury they could incur. Hard to believe they lose McDonald, Strickland, and Marshall.

Does an injury like this, provided they don't win the tournament, affect Harrison and Henson's decision to go to the league? I feel like it really has that potential.